Sony MDR-1R series MK2
Apr 13, 2014 at 1:09 PM Post #226 of 546
I will be using them mostly when i go out, so i guess ill go for the NC cus im a bass head too lol. I saw some guy is selling his NC on the web, brand new with the tax invoice and warranty. Hopefully they aint fake lol

Thanks 

Apr 13, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #227 of 546
  Hi guys, i am new here =) 

im just wondering can anyone tell me about the sound quality between mdr1rncmk2 and mdr1rbtmk2? I am aware that nc will be better in loud enviroment and bluetooth quality might not be as good, but if its wired, is it almost the same?
I am still deciding which one to get, as i like the portability with bluetooth but im stuck because i can get the noise cancelling one for $330AUD and the bluetooth one for $315AUD...

Thanks 

First off, I am a novice, with that said, I have the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2.From my reading, they are an improvement over the Sony MDR1RBT.
I got interested in the MK2 version because my main 2 mobile devices have aptx, which improves the SQ in bluetooth.  The Sony MDR1RBT did NOT have aptx
support, which in my opinion is a biggee for bluetooth headphones.. Also, just from reading, because I never owned the Sony MDR1RBT,  that the MK2 version, Sony
improved other issues that were prevalent on the Sony MDR1RBT. 

After reading reviews. and even with the MK2 version be "gray market" to me, I went ahead and got the MK2 version..I can only compare them to the Sony MDR 10RBT and my Harman Kardon BT, both also have aptx support.  The MK2 is a different class than the lower Sony and the HK BT. The lower Sony and the HK BT are good, but the MK2 is above them in every area..  I am fully satisfied with the SQ, the comfort, the build quality and the looks of the MK2..

Apr 13, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #228 of 546
  I will be using them mostly when i go out, so i guess ill go for the NC cus im a bass head too lol. I saw some guy is selling his NC on the web, brand new with the tax invoice and warranty. Hopefully they aint fake lol

Thanks 

Seems to me if you will be using these when you are out, the node should go to the bluetooth, as you won't have to be dealing with wires..

I haven't tried the NC version, but from just my experience with the BT MK2s, they have a lot of passive NC. I have to take them off at work a lot to hear people talking to me. Also, on the BT version, the SQ goes up when wired, and HI RES Audio is available too.

Apr 14, 2014 at 10:54 AM Post #229 of 546
So today i went back to the sony store and tested both the BT and NC versions, and i must say the BT one does a pretty good job in passive NC and its more comfortable for me personally. I ordered one today on this web, its pretty cheap i believe, but only ships to Australia.

http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/sony-mdr1rbtmk2-wireless-bluetooth-headphones-with-nfc/#

You guys really helped me on this :)
Thanks!

Apr 14, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #230 of 546
  So today i went back to the sony store and tested both the BT and NC versions, and i must say the BT one does a pretty good job in passive NC and its more comfortable for me personally. I ordered one today on this web, its pretty cheap i believe, but only ships to Australia.

http://www.appliancesonline.com.au/sony-mdr1rbtmk2-wireless-bluetooth-headphones-with-nfc/#

You guys really helped me on this :)
Thanks!

I am smiling big time on this end.. 
beerchug.gif

I am a newbie head fier, and I am learning fast reading the threads in this forum, and I see you are too.. 
beyersmile.png

Also, PRICE is a big factor in our choices too. I see that you nailed the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2 at a super price too. To give  you an idea, some vendors are still selling the Sony MDR 1RBT at $399, that is the price at my local Bestbuy. Online the Sony MDR 1RBT is going for something like $280..But, if one does their homework, one will easily see that Sony upgraded a lot with the MK2 version and they look exactly the same, and no markings on the MK2 version except on the box. BTW, the MK2 version when connectiing with an aptx device such as the Note 3, you turn on the MK2 by holding the power butting and the + volume down button at the same time. That activates the aptx in the MK2. If you turn the MK2 on just with the power button, it will not activate the aptx coding. Must be done with the power  and volume + button at the same time. The MK2 will respond with 3 blue flashes revealing that it is in aptx mode and will connect with an aptx device.

I got my MK2 at $309 plus $25 shipping.. It was gray market to me..

Another tip, when you get it, make sure, to keep all the original packing. In that rare case you need warranty work, you will need to send it back to the vendor/seller with all the "original packaging".

Also, I would love to see a shoot out review of the Sony MDR 1RBTMK2, against the Parrot Zik, the Sennheiser MM 550-X  which imo are in the same price class, and they should be close in performance..

Congrats, and we all waiting for your opinion of how they perform.. 
beerchug.gif

Apr 16, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #231 of 546

Seems to me if you will be using these when you are out, the node should go to the bluetooth, as you won't have to be dealing with wires..

I haven't tried the NC version, but from just my experience with the BT MK2s, they have a lot of passive NC. I have to take them off at work a lot to hear people talking to me. Also, on the BT version, the SQ goes up when wired, and HI RES Audio is available too.

That's odd, I had the original BT's and they had almost no passive NC and the MK2's don't seem to be different with the ear pads. I had genuine BT's too, I know because I bought them directly from a Sony kiosk. 

Apr 16, 2014 at 2:31 PM Post #232 of 546
  That's odd, I had the original BT's and they had almost no passive NC and the MK2's don't seem to be different with the ear pads. I had genuine BT's too, I know because I bought them directly from a Sony kiosk. 

Really odd isn't it!!
beyersmile.png

I am sitting here in my cube, and I can almost hear no sound around me. None whatsoever. All I need to see is the flash on the phone to do my job. Anybody come up to talk to me, I have to slip them off.. Very odd, if you ask me...
beyersmile.png

Apr 17, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #233 of 546
hey guys,

So Ive been using the BTmk2 for about 3 days now, and they sound amazing lol the bass is not muddy at all and hits right on the spot. But im having some trouble connecting to my pc, since i built my computer, i bought a bluetooth usb but only supports my mouse and not these headphones. Do you guys know what BT usb i have to look for that supports these headphones? Also will it support atpx too? 

cheers

Apr 17, 2014 at 3:03 PM Post #234 of 546
  hey guys,

So Ive been using the BTmk2 for about 3 days now, and they sound amazing lol the bass is not muddy at all and hits right on the spot. But im having some trouble connecting to my pc, since i built my computer, i bought a bluetooth usb but only supports my mouse and not these headphones. Do you guys know what BT usb i have to look for that supports these headphones? Also will it support atpx too? 

cheers

Well, first off, congrats on getting the BTMK2s, IMO, they are awesome headphones for bluetooth and for the money..They will get better as they burn in too.

With me, both of my mobile devices have the aptx coding, and that is what I mostly use. However, at work, I have a PC, a Dell 790, I got a cheap USB bluetooth dongle off ebay for about 7  bucks.. Been working with that a work. Just did a quick search on ebay for the dongle with aptx, and they have them, but they are are $40 and above.,  Now, if you built your computer, I am quite sure you need to get a sound card that will support bluetooth, and aptx and you be in business.

My Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and Note 10.1 2014 tab  both have the apt x codec.

So, do your search for sound cards with aptx..

And check to see if you cell phone and/or tablet supports aptx too.. 

NOTE.. I just sent you a PM..

Apr 29, 2014 at 3:19 AM Post #236 of 546
Just got the MDR-1RMK2.

To say it's comfortable, is an understatement.

Even saying it's extremely comfortable can be an understatement.

The cups are too soft to the touch.

I don't feel any pressure either on my ears or the headband on my head.

I got the chance to compare the two choices that I have converged on buying - DT 770 Pro Limited Edition and the MDR-1RMK2. I feel the bass is deeper in the 1R. Some music sounds better on the LE, while some others especially where there's bass signature sound better on the 1RMK2, but I've decided on the comfort factor. And I could already feel slight pressure from the DT 770 LE on my ears and my temporal bone area from the first few minutes of use, even though the DT 770s were known for comfort. But then again the LE does not come with velour pads. But the clamping force on the head is pronounced on the LE, and I didn't really want that since my skin is sensitive to pressure.

The MDR-1RMK2 also does not look too big for taking it on the go.

And I have to stress again, it's very, very, very comfortable.

Listening to the Bass Is Everything from YouTube while typing this. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA2UTz0VDkE)

Apr 30, 2014 at 2:43 AM Post #237 of 546
I live in Australia and I am able to get the sony mdr-1r mk2 for $279 and the NAD Viso HP50 for $299. I have tried in the nad in store and it sounds great with all my music but I have been unable to try the sonys. I am considering buying the sony as they are slightly cheaper and have comparable sound quality to the NAD. They are also a lot more comfortable from what I have gathered. So which one is better? NAD or Sony? 

Apr 30, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #238 of 546
  I live in Australia and I am able to get the sony mdr-1r mk2 for $279 and the NAD Viso HP50 for $299. I have tried in the nad in store and it sounds great with all my music but I have been unable to try the sonys. I am considering buying the sony as they are slightly cheaper and have comparable sound quality to the NAD. They are also a lot more comfortable from what I have gathered. So which one is better? NAD or Sony? 

Buy the sony and AB them with the NAD? 

Apr 30, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #240 of 546

Users who are viewing this thread

Back