Sony MDR-10R Impressions Thread
Apr 11, 2014 at 11:08 AM Post #151 of 211
If say these cans are worth no more than 40$,too rolled off on mids and treble, and a really inefficient headphone. even the sub bass seems rolled off to me, it lacks so much presence. I will say they have excellent isolation and comfortt, so if thos criterias are what makes a good hp for you you would be happy. Every time I put them on my head I was thinking that There was so much left to be desired, I would really be upset if I had payed anywhere close to 50% msrp

May 1, 2014 at 12:46 AM Post #153 of 211
I have the mdr-10r and for about 3 months, now buy the mdr-1rbt I began to compare the sound quality between the two models.

Only advance what I notice in 1rbt is having a low much more pronounced than the 10r, the sound is much broader and more naturally now after hearing the 1rbt feel weird the 10r, I'll wait to give it a little more use before add more details.

May 1, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #154 of 211
  I have the mdr-10r and for about 3 months, now buy the mdr-1rbt I began to compare the sound quality between the two models.

Only advance what I notice in 1rbt is having a low much more pronounced than the 10r, the sound is much broader and more naturally now after hearing the 1rbt feel weird the 10r, I'll wait to give it a little more use before add more details.

Is your MDR-1RBT MK I or II?

May 2, 2014 at 10:09 PM Post #156 of 211
Recently got the RBT MK2, connected with aptx and it is average at most ... connecting with the aux cable sounds so much better! With cable it sounds natural, the bass is more pronounced (not bloated) and it has a better sound stage. Don't think I'll be using the BT function much lol

This is my first full(mid?) size headphone though, only had IEMs previously and I don't know, maybe I should have got the H3s for the same price! However it is decent sounding for sub $300 and is most definitely comfortable so happy with it

May 3, 2014 at 8:42 PM Post #157 of 211
 really was looking for mdr-1r but did not find the free zone in my country Panama is a place where you can buy without paying taxes and price of $ 200 I got the mdr-1rbt I seemed a good choice, because if I buy the mdr-1r in the capital I would come out much more expensive, if I find a one mdr-1r or mk2 and it sounds better then q would sell bluetooth.

I want to test a bose AE2 I have curious to hear how it sounds, just listen once the original AE from a friend who heard not bad, but it looked like I was missing lower.

Deshacer cambios

Tu contribución se utilizará para mejorar la calidad de la traducción y es posible que se muestre a los usuarios de forma anónima.

Contribuir
Cerrar

Gracias por los datos proporcionados.

realmente-Adverbio

really
realmente, verdaderamente, en realidad, efectivamente, francamente, propiamente

truly
verdaderamente, realmente, auténticamente, fielmente, exactamente

actually
realmente, en realidad, actualmente, incluso

real
realmente

rattling
muy, realmente

effectively
eficazmente, realmente, acertadamente

in reality
en realidad, realmente

simply
simplemente, meramente, realmente

positively
afirmativamente, totalmente, categóricamente, realmente

May 3, 2014 at 8:51 PM Post #158 of 211
  I posted up my review of the MDR-10R after using them on and off for the past few weeks.

Since this is an appreciation thread I'll just link to the review since it's pretty negative, but long story short I think even if you had around $99 to spend you would get a more natural (but still bassy) sound out of the Audio Technica ATH-ES700 or Pioneer HDJ-1500.

It's a shame though because the 10R's design is very comfortable. I know from the ZX700 that Sony can design a balanced, cheaper circumaural, so I wish they had taken that sound and just bassed it up a little. :frowning2:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sony-over-ear-headphones-mdr-10r/reviews/10623

In the review you wrote the video and talk about the mdr-10r has many low as uncontrolled, of which he's never felt so low but not if it is just mine but it seems to me that you are missing because they are very low mild or no extention paste, as stated in this review under.
I do not really like anything I like the exaggerated under this balanced, flat or slightly raised but with body and paste the mdr-1rbt you buy has good sound but the bass deep sorry for my liking if not the time used to it or after heating the audifonon a little better hours.  The only headset I use with my s4 or vaio laptop without any kind of equializacion.

http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/review-sony-mdr-10r-headphones-1-10

May 29, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #159 of 211
Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a replacement cable for my MDR-10RNC. Cannot find it. The few sites I found that have it, it's currently out of stock with no back to stock date.
Really want to use my headphone but I can't without the cable.

Many thanks.

Regards.

May 29, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #160 of 211
  Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a replacement cable for my MDR-10RNC. Cannot find it. The few sites I found that have it, it's currently out of stock with no back to stock date.
Really want to use my headphone but I can't without the cable.

Many thanks.

Regards.

I have a MDR-10RBT that I no longer use. You would be good with it ; a replacement cable, and a set that don't even need a cable!

May 30, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #162 of 211
  LOL Pass. Really not thinking of buying another pair of headphones. How much are you asking for it?

Can't you just use any cable? Unlike the normal non-BT and non-NC version of the MDR-10R, yours shouldn't have the recessed jack, as @dirtherder mentioned earlier in this thread:

Mine was the normal one, so I had to do this to even the slim Beats cable:

Even the slimmest jacks will not fit the MDR-10R's proprietary diameter hole. I bought a replacement cable made for Beats headphones; they have pretty much the slimmest jack on the market while also having an inline remote, and they still don't fit. The MDR-10R's headphone jack diameter is 5.5 mm, while the Beat's cable is 6 mm in diameter.

So I had to cut the ring encasing the jack using a saw because it's made of metal, to my surprise. It's not the most elegant solution, but it works quite well. After slimming it down, it's now 4.8 mm in diameter.

May 30, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #163 of 211
Thank you for your reply vant11.
Unfortunately MDR-10RNC does have the recessed jack. I'm affraid that I do not have enough permissions to post any pictures.
Tried other cables and they don't fit in. Does the microphone and the button on the beats cable work with your headphone? Trying to avoid doing that same thing to the cable. Just want to get a damn cable!!!

May 30, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #164 of 211
  Thank you for your reply vant11.
Unfortunately MDR-10RNC does have the recessed jack. I'm affraid that I do not have enough permissions to post any pictures.
Tried other cables and they don't fit in. Does the microphone and the button on the beats cable work with your headphone? Trying to avoid doing that same thing to the cable. Just want to get a damn cable!!!

Oh, so only the 10RBT has the normal jack. What a shame. Sony made some terrible decisions there.

All the buttons work on the remote - but only on iDevices. On Androids, only the middle button and the mic works.

May 30, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #165 of 211
Terrible decision indeed! And the worst is that they don't have replacement cables to supply! I'll think before buying Sony again!!
Thank you. I may get a Dr. Beats cable and do the same as you if I cannot find a damn cable in the next couple of days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back