Sony MDR-1000X
Dec 27, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #1,262 of 2,709
I only own the 100ABN but they do have have the same basic DNA construction wise as the 1000X. My 100ABN squeak and this never stopped and my pair is about 8 months or so old. But I do find they squeak a bit less. Honestly for me the squeak doesn't bother me much.

But if squeaking is a concern for anyone I suggest they look at the PXC 550. In the 3+ months I have testing a pair they have zero squeaking and while I only have one pair so it's a small sample size I do think their design is such that they just won't have this issue.
I own the 100aap, in addition to the 1000x and a few other Sony cans. None of them have any creaking issues. I suspect those who experience the creaking may be listening to music at a relatively low volume, and just hearing the very low level creaking noises exhibited by any headphone with similar plastic construction. Along with these creaks, I suspect many other external ambient noises will be heard too. Is this the case?

Dec 27, 2016 at 10:14 AM Post #1,263 of 2,709
I own the 100aap, in addition to the 1000x and a few other Sony cans. None of them have any creaking issues. I suspect those who experience the creaking may be listening to music at a relatively low volume, and just hearing the very low level creaking noises exhibited by any headphone with similar plastic construction. Along with these creaks, I suspect many other external ambient noises will be heard too. Is this the case?

Agreed, and my thoughts also. I can't even open and close my mouth without headphones on without hearing noises and creaks.

Dec 27, 2016 at 10:15 AM Post #1,264 of 2,709

As one of the original "Creakers," I cannot fully express just how wrong you are. This is an intermittently appearing (among various individual headphones) PHYSICAL variable consisting of a plastic on plastics contact.

Unless you've actually heard it, please explain how you came to this erroneous conclusion.

Thank you,
BarryT

Dec 27, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #1,265 of 2,709
Does MDR-1000X compatible with Playstation 4??

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #1,266 of 2,709
it is definitely more noticeable at lower volumes in my case but my Z7 does not have this issue and the PXC 550 does not as well.

Interestingly Sennheiser has released and all plastic headphone HD 4.30 which has a very similar folding design as the 100ABN/1000X and sure enough I have seen one user mention squeaking so far. So this does seem to be more of an issue with the design than a "Sony" problem.

Dec 27, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #1,267 of 2,709
As one of the original "Creakers," I cannot fully express just how wrong you are. This is an intermittently appearing (among various individual headphones) PHYSICAL variable consisting of a plastic on plastics contact.

Unless you've actually heard it, please explain how you came to this erroneous conclusion.

Thank you,
BarryT
actually I have heard creaking on almost every plastic headphone I own, but only when music isn't playing, or the volume is very low, and only when the cups are moved.
You say it's a "plastic on plastics contact" produced noise. I didn't say it wasn't.
How loudly do you listen to your music? Do you hear the creaking at louder volumes? Just curious.

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #1,270 of 2,709
They don't work on my ps4. I do use them wired on the controller jack.

Dec 28, 2016 at 8:49 AM Post #1,272 of 2,709
  How are phone calls on the 1000X for you?
Whoever I'm talking to is saying that they can't hear me loud enough, could my device be defect?

I've had no issues with calls (normal voice and data services like Skype/Whatsapp). I only make calls in places with no wind tho. Outdoor use can be problematic for some.

Dec 28, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #1,273 of 2,709
How is the sound of this one when it plugs to a dap ? Can the ANC work when it's wired ? I just listened a little bit to the demo unit at bestbuy. I kinda like it. I'm using iphone 7 plus and QP1R dap right now.
And can i change the earpads of this one ? Cus it's not really comfortable for me.

Dec 28, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #1,274 of 2,709
How is the sound of this one when it plugs to a dap ? Can the ANC work when it's wired ? I just listened a little bit to the demo unit at bestbuy. I kinda like it. I'm using iphone 7 plus and QP1R dap right now.
And can i change the earpads of this one ? Cus it's not really comfortable for me.

Yes, the ANC can work while wired. No, the earpads are not designed to be removeable or changed.

Dec 28, 2016 at 5:00 PM Post #1,275 of 2,709
hm, the "in stock" date on the pair i bought for a present got pushed back to second week 2017. Cant cancel since the price was 29% lower than anywhere else i am.

Have tested this one and the bose 35 4-5 times now, and since the sony was much cheaper than the bose 35 I hope ill get it at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back