Sony MDR-1000X
Sep 19, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #61 of 2,709
It seems its true, this review just confirms it. Sony has produced what appears to be the answer, beating Bose, Parrot & Sennheiser to the punch !

http://www.trustedreviews.com/headphones 

Sep 19, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #62 of 2,709
I find it hard to disagree with the review - I need to use the telephone more in tricky conditions but everything else mentioned tallies with my experience so far - very pleased with mine despite not having directly compared them to others

Sep 19, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #63 of 2,709
They mention wind noise issues though. So I am curious if that issue is at least less than the 100abn. The 100abn has lots of wind noise and that noise also affects talking. The 100abn is so sensitive you hear wind noise when the air moves getting onto the elevator. If the wind noise is even half as much I will probably sell the 100ABN and buy this 1000X but I need to know there is at least some improvement or I will stick with what I have bought.

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:32 AM Post #65 of 2,709
 http://www.trustedreviews.com/headphones 

This part of the review seems to contradict itself on benefits (or loss of quality, take your pick) of plugging it in vs. bluetooth.

"Plug in the cable and performance is even better, benefiting from a more full-bodied sound and more subtlety in textures."

"Sound quality dips – clarity and energy take a hit – but the overall character remains."

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:40 AM Post #66 of 2,709
  This part of the review seems to contradict itself on benefits (or loss of quality, take your pick) of plugging it in vs. bluetooth.

"Plug in the cable and performance is even better, benefiting from a more full-bodied sound and more subtlety in textures."

"Sound quality dips – clarity and energy take a hit – but the overall character remains."

I noticed that too. Read in another review that in wired mode the quality is worse (I expected the opposite, but don't have any ANC headphones to compare). Maybe they meant in wired mode and with no battery left.

Sep 19, 2016 at 11:51 AM Post #67 of 2,709

I think the quality dip being refered to is when using the headphine without power in case the battery runs out of juice. When the headphone is off it affects the sound quality.

Sep 19, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #68 of 2,709
I think the quality dip being refered to is when using the headphine without power in case the battery runs out of juice. When the headphone is off it affects the sound quality.

Yup, the bit of the article that talks about a dip in quality specifically mentions it is when the battery runs out and there is no amplification or NC

Sep 19, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #71 of 2,709
  Where are people picking these up from in the UK?

I think I got lucky but I got mine direct from a Sony Store last week (Friday). It was the only pair they had in the store room and they had no main stock for the shop or pre-order customers but were expecting it in sometime this week

I bought from Harrow - the other local(ish) shops didn't have any in yet so the best I could suggest would be to ring around a couple

O.

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #72 of 2,709

I think I got lucky but I got mine direct from a Sony Store last week (Friday). It was the only pair they had in the store room and they had no main stock for the shop or pre-order customers but were expecting it in sometime this week

I bought from Harrow - the other local(ish) shops didn't have any in yet so the best I could suggest would be to ring around a couple

O.

Cheers pathway. I'm actually in Hayes so will have to ring around!

Sep 20, 2016 at 12:25 AM Post #73 of 2,709
http://www.lydogbilde.no/test/hodetelefoner/sony-mdr-1000x

A norwegian test of this headphone.They say that the noise cancelling are a slightly better than the bose,and that the the sony`s sounds better than the bose.I asked them if it was wort the upgrade  (from bose qc35 to the sonys) based on the soundquality.And they said:   Its up to each person,but yes,the sound quality is better on the sonys  :)

Sep 20, 2016 at 7:39 AM Post #75 of 2,709
They've been available on the Sony site for a little while (a week or so) - that is what triggered me to ring around but when I did no shops had stock but were expecting shipment in the next week or two so I would still recommend ringing around as delivery times might be faster with an in-shop purchase vs. online.

Best of luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back