Sony IEM help!
Jun 5, 2013 at 12:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Exige27

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm new to the forums and needed some help finding the difference between two Sony IEM's.

The IEM's are:
Sony MDR-XB41ex ($55 on amazon)
Sony MDR-XB60ex ($35 on amazon)

I'm wondering which IEM has better mids, highs, and tighter, punchier bass.
Also, please suggest any earphones with good bass and value for the price. I know these two IEM's don't have it, but I do prefer IEM's with an apple certified in-line remote.(Max. $80)
I listen to mostly rap, rock, and alternative.
And if anybody knows why the XB41ex are more expensive on amazon than the XB60ex, please do explain. Thanks in advance.

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:03 AM Post #2 of 8
Hi Exige27, welcome to Head-Fi. 
smile.gif
  Sorry about your wallet. 
redface.gif

Well, first of all, it's not that the XB41EX is more expensive.  The XB60EX would typically cost more.  However, it just happens to be at a terrific sale price right now... has been for over a month now I believe.

Secondly, I'm not sure about the XB41EX as I have not heard it... but I have the XB60EX and it is surprisingly good for a basshead IEM.  In general, Sonys tend to become more balanced as you move up the ladder within any given product line.  So going by that, I would assume that the XB60EX is going to have better mids and highs.  I'm not absolutely sure though, so don't quote me on that.

And finally, as far as finding a bassy IEM with iDevice controls and decent mids/highs for under $70... what you're looking for is the RHA MA450i.  Here's a review on it from my buddy a_recording:

Hope that helps! 
smile.gif

Jun 5, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:
Thanks, and one more question. How do the XB60ex compare to the Klipsch image S4i?

Hmm, that I wouldn't know as I've never heard the Image S4 (or any Klipsch's now that I think about it...).  Sorry 
redface.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:09 AM Post #6 of 8
Unfortunately no, I haven't tried any Soundmagic or Shure IEMs yet.  Sorry. 
frown.gif

Jun 7, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #8 of 8
Sure, no problem! 
smile.gif
  Always glad to be of no help whatsoever! 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back