Sony Hybrids vs. Olives tips for RE0?
Feb 20, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by paulypaul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the sound from the double flange is the best but the small double flange didnt fit that well so i did this.

Cut the back flange (NOT THE STEM) off the large Bi Flange, the sq is great with this tip and i don't have to worry about the back flange being too big to enter the ear canal.
I dont have to insert them far for the seal so i dont get any itchiness.
The advantage is i get the sound characteristics of the large bi flange tip, but the ease of fit of a single flange.

I just gave this a try. I didn't think it would work out for me because the large tips seemed way too large for me. With them trimmed down they fit and do create a seal while staying shallow. Not sure if it's going to be good in the long run in terms of itch, and I think they may still be a little large for me but it's worth trying if people have extra tips they don't mind cutting up. Oh yeah, and they sound good too.

Update, still too large for my ears, got sore after a few minutes. It was still worth a try.

Oct 19, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #32 of 33
I was tossing up between the hybrids and olives too, so I bought both 
tongue_smile.gif
. I reeeally hope these will improve the bass impact.

My observations on RE0 tips/fit: For me, the smaller bi-flange are the only ones included that will fit properly AND have good SQ. The medium single flange will fit, but it lacks clarity and bass comparatively for some reason. 

The S4 tips are oval shaped which I really like, and they fit onto the RE0's fine. They offer the most comfortable fit, but the SQ is horribly muffled, probably because the opening in the tips is 1/3 the size of the stock RE0 tips.

Anyone else wish the RE0 casing weren't textured with the cross-hatching like that? They're scratchy, and are pretty much the only thing keeping these from being totally comfortable. I also don't like how the nozzle is so fat. I'm used to getting a deep insertion, but I just can't with these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back