Sony Hybrids vs. Olives tips for RE0?
Feb 18, 2010 at 5:47 AM Post #20 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oh, and one more question. Do the double flange tips that come with the re0 make anyone else's ears ITCH LIKE CRAZY!?!?!? GOD!! They give me the best seal/comfort/sq out of the standard tips, but they are driving me nuts!

Yes, I have the same problem! At first I thought I was imagining it. They sound and fit the best but they're so itchy somehow.

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #21 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, I have the same problem! At first I thought I was imagining it. They sound and fit the best but they're so itchy somehow.

I think the sound from the double flange is the best but the small double flange didnt fit that well so i did this.

Cut the back flange (NOT THE STEM) off the large Bi Flange, the sq is great with this tip and i don't have to worry about the back flange being too big to enter the ear canal.
I dont have to insert them far for the seal so i dont get any itchiness.
The advantage is i get the sound characteristics of the large bi flange tip, but the ease of fit of a single flange.
However they have room to insert them a long way (if your ears are big enough) as you can see.
(This mod was originally posted by "kmhaynes")
re0tip.jpg

Feb 18, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #22 of 33
I've seen that mod before, but I ignored it because the large biflanges are just too big for my ears. After reading your description it sounds like maybe the second flange was what's making them too big, since I have 2 pair of large I'm going to try that mod on one of the pair, thanks for the suggestion. I'm also thinking about ordering some of the knock off Sony hybrids from eBay in small and medium. People say they're very comfortable and right now that's what I'm struggling to get with the RE0 tips. So far the most comfortable stock tips are the small black ones which I can get a seal with if I shove them far enough into my ear.

Feb 18, 2010 at 9:14 PM Post #25 of 33
they fit just fine. if i remember correctly you have just to stretch the core a little bit to fit on the re0 nozzle

Feb 19, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #26 of 33
You don't even have to do that. Just push em on; the inside silicone in the hybrid is flexile and will bend around the RE0 nozzle. They go on more evenly and tighter than the stock single flange tips.

Feb 20, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #27 of 33
Just bought the knock off hybrids from eBay for my RE0s, hopefully they go on as easy as some people have experienced. I'll post my results when they get here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back