Sony Hybrids vs. Olives tips for RE0?
Nov 5, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 33
hmmm, I thought I read that people use the hybrids for the re0? Guess not. So the choices are:

t400's

or

olives decored with t400 tubes inserted

or

standard (that come with re0)

I'd rather not deal with decoring, etc if I could help it, that's why I was interested in the hybrids. I've heard the t400's aren't well suited for the re0, due to the length of the tube. My question is, how is using the olives on the t400 tube any different than just using the t400s on their own?? (isn't the tube still the same = same sq problems?)

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #4 of 33
Oh, and one more question. Do the double flange tips that come with the re0 make anyone else's ears ITCH LIKE CRAZY!?!?!? GOD!! They give me the best seal/comfort/sq out of the standard tips, but they are driving me nuts!

I always used shure olives with the er6i's, and I don't think they ever made my ears itch like this. Maybe a little at the beginning, but I don't remember it being anywhere near this bad.

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 33
Well. I use de-cored olives with or without the T400 inner tube. Not really necessary if you do a good job of de-coring them, but they feel nicer with the tube. Did not like the sound of the T400. Plus, the Olives last longer.

And no, no problems with the flanges here. Foam tips are just more comfy for me.

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:42 AM Post #6 of 33
Joker, do the decored olives (sans tube) stay on the re0? I don't see how they could.. seems like they would either fall off the re0 or come out in your ear!

Nov 5, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #7 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by luciobar1980 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Joker, do the decored olives (sans tube) stay on the re0? I don't see how they could.. seems like they would either fall off the re0 or come out in your ear!

They stay on fine. They're clingy little bastards.

Jan 5, 2010 at 7:44 PM Post #8 of 33
i just found this thread as i just purchased re0's with olives and trying to find tips on "decoring" them, but was not aware people are putting separate tubes in in its place. where do i get these?

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #10 of 33
The hybrids will fit on any large canal phone. I got them on the IE8s, RE2s, TF10s, Cyclone PR1, etc. I don't have the RE0, but I will wager I can get the hybrids on them. There is a technique you can use to stretch the hybrid sound tube onto the RE0, kind of a rolling motion. I did it with the IE8s and most of my canal phones.

In fact, I use the hybrids on the 252s, TF10s and the PR1s, and think they all sound great with those tips. They should be a good match with the RE0s.

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:27 AM Post #12 of 33
some people in one of the RE0 threads have said that the sony hybrids do fit for them.

the olives however work great which is what i use and theres no need to put a core inside them..for me at least they fit just fine without falling out

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:51 AM Post #13 of 33
Sony hybrids fit on RE0 - they are a little stretched, but do fit.

Jan 6, 2010 at 12:54 AM Post #14 of 33
Yes, I'll admit that they fit although it takes more effort than I expected and they seem rather strained. Olives still work better IMO - they don't veil the high end the way comply tips do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back