Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Oct 20, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #991 of 1,526
so almost every review is saying Sony's WH 1000m2 is better than bose q35 II in almost every way. NC is the best in the industry maybe next to sennheisers not sure. and sony has this unique idea of incoporating an app with the headphoens where you costumize EQ settings as well optimize your NC settings based on the enviroment around you. very useful stuff im convinced its the best wireless bluetooth headphones right now would definitely get them.

Oct 20, 2017 at 9:58 AM Post #992 of 1,526
the xperia ZL was ahead of its time. Sadly those were times when sony was innovative and ahead of the game all the way up to z3. After that it just went to **** with phones like z3+ and XP.

Rockstar you made the right choice getting the v30 over sony. They are still not quite there yet.

you've seen the xz1 in person too? yeah i still haven't seen XZP in person.

Yes I agree aertus. I'm basically done setting this phone up now, and I can definitely say I LOVE it!

No I haven't seen the XZ1 in person, and apparently Best Buy only currently sells the XZ1 Compact. So I'll prob NEVER see it in person. lol I'd check on their site with your zip code to see if any near you carry either and if so, and you have the time, go check it out. Honestly if the XZP has T-Mobile VoLTE on it, I MIGHT have gotten it instead. MAYBE! lol

Oct 20, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #993 of 1,526
so almost every review is saying Sony's WH 1000m2 is better than bose q35 II in almost every way. NC is the best in the industry maybe next to sennheisers not sure. and sony has this unique idea of incoporating an app with the headphoens where you costumize EQ settings as well optimize your NC settings based on the enviroment around you. very useful stuff im convinced its the best wireless bluetooth headphones right now would definitely get them.

Oh yeah...... Sony overthrew Bose with the 1000X, and then one up'd THEMSELVES with the 1000Xm2. That app sounds like a fantastic idea too!!

If I actually cared about NC, it would be the ONLY choice for me. The Best Buy near me had the 1000X too (prob still does, or m2 now?). Had it on display as well. I tried it out and I will say it sounded amazing, and the NC features like when you cup the right side and it temporarily suspends NC were great! Plus the looks and comfort were top-notch as well.

Too bad Sony Mobile isn't as aggressive. lol 2018, DON'T let me down! lol

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #994 of 1,526
Oh yeah...... Sony overthrew Bose with the 1000X, and then one up'd THEMSELVES with the 1000Xm2. That app sounds like a fantastic idea too!!

If I actually cared about NC, it would be the ONLY choice for me. The Best Buy near me had the 1000X too (prob still does, or m2 now?). Had it on display as well. I tried it out and I will say it sounded amazing, and the NC features like when you cup the right side and it temporarily suspends NC were great! Plus the looks and comfort were top-notch as well.

Too bad Sony Mobile isn't as aggressive. lol 2018, DON'T let me down! lol
this is the kind of design sony needs.

i feel like even huawei was impressive this year.

teh fact that you rate them so high means they must really be good indeed. the NC that adapts to your enviroment is awesome and so are the rest of the features.

The only competitor might be sennheisers and i think it might have beat that.

Oct 22, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #995 of 1,526
this is the kind of design sony needs.

i feel like even huawei was impressive this year.

teh fact that you rate them so high means they must really be good indeed. the NC that adapts to your enviroment is awesome and so are the rest of the features.

The only competitor might be sennheisers and i think it might have beat that.

Yeah that does look really cool. Reminds me a bit of the Google Pixel, but much nicer. lol

Yeah that Huawei Honor 8 looked like a really solid mid-ranger. Almost got that one for dad but then he changed his mind and wanted something bigger, which as u recall was the OnePlus 5.

Yeah, I mean, they really impressed me. I just think Sony really outdid themselves on that one. Gives me hope that MAYBE they can get their crap together for next year. lol

Yeah, the Senns were the other big one the 1000X were compared to, but Bose was the better competitor.

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:53 PM Post #996 of 1,526
Yeah that does look really cool. Reminds me a bit of the Google Pixel, but much nicer. lol

Yeah that Huawei Honor 8 looked like a really solid mid-ranger. Almost got that one for dad but then he changed his mind and wanted something bigger, which as u recall was the OnePlus 5.

Yeah, I mean, they really impressed me. I just think Sony really outdid themselves on that one. Gives me hope that MAYBE they can get their crap together for next year. lol

Yeah, the Senns were the other big one the 1000X were compared to, but Bose was the better competitor.
its much better looking than the pixel which is the only thing holding down google phones. with that said the pixel xl2 is bezeless and has dual front facing speakers which means its definitely possible for sony to do bezeless and retain their unique features.

Sony should hear whoever does these renders on youtube they got a good design sense.

the senns were the first to do wireless and NC i believe. Yeah the app is an extremely nice tough and my friend thought the feature where you put your hand next to it to stop music and increase mic sensitivity he thought it was a gimmick until he tried it. He is a bose guy but I think im convincing him to the get the Sony ones instead.

You know what else is good from sony those earpods. Bose and Senns don't do truly wireless earpods like the Sony does with the wf1000. They have way better battery life than the apple ones and sound better too. Im actually torn which one I should get. Headphones probably sound nicer but the earpods are probably amazing for the gym.

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/wf-1000x/review

Oct 22, 2017 at 7:22 PM Post #997 of 1,526
its much better looking than the pixel which is the only thing holding down google phones. with that said the pixel xl2 is bezeless and has dual front facing speakers which means its definitely possible for sony to do bezeless and retain their unique features.

Sony should hear whoever does these renders on youtube they got a good design sense.

the senns were the first to do wireless and NC i believe. Yeah the app is an extremely nice tough and my friend thought the feature where you put your hand next to it to stop music and increase mic sensitivity he thought it was a gimmick until he tried it. He is a bose guy but I think im convincing him to the get the Sony ones instead.

You know what else is good from sony those earpods. Bose and Senns don't do truly wireless earpods like the Sony does with the wf1000. They have way better battery life than the apple ones and sound better too. Im actually torn which one I should get. Headphones probably sound nicer but the earpods are probably amazing for the gym.

https://www.whathifi.com/sony/wf-1000x/review

Good point. I would definitely like to see Sony reduce bezels but not lose the stereo speakers. I wish my V30 had dual speakers but these days I'm not AS concerned about that as I am the headphone quality, which of course is outstanding.

Sony? Listen to its customers?!! Wouldn't THAT be something?!! lol

Yeah that feature is great b/c it gives you a QUICK way to communicate with others.

Yeah if you're working out then I guess wireless is more practical, esp if they're designed for sports (aka sweat proof). For me I workout using P90X3 so I need to hear what the guy is saying, esp if I'm doing like pushups or something where I can't look at the screen.

Wow..........that's pretty impressive. "What Hi-Fi?" is my go-to reviewer, so if THEY say it's 5 stars, then I'm sold! lol I would be more interested in it (not to buy, but to refer it to other ppl maybe) if it was sweat proof. Not sure if it is though. But either way, it's looks really classy and has great sound quality per the review. Very cool!

Oct 22, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #998 of 1,526
Good point. I would definitely like to see Sony reduce bezels but not lose the stereo speakers. I wish my V30 had dual speakers but these days I'm not AS concerned about that as I am the headphone quality, which of course is outstanding.

Sony? Listen to its customers?!! Wouldn't THAT be something?!! lol

Yeah that feature is great b/c it gives you a QUICK way to communicate with others.

Yeah if you're working out then I guess wireless is more practical, esp if they're designed for sports (aka sweat proof). For me I workout using P90X3 so I need to hear what the guy is saying, esp if I'm doing like pushups or something where I can't look at the screen.

Wow..........that's pretty impressive. "What Hi-Fi?" is my go-to reviewer, so if THEY say it's 5 stars, then I'm sold! lol I would be more interested in it (not to buy, but to refer it to other ppl maybe) if it was sweat proof. Not sure if it is though. But either way, it's looks really classy and has great sound quality per the review. Very cool!
Sony I feel like wouldn't do that if google pixel can. Funcitonality wise google is the best with better software. but then again it lacks in audio as well which is not as good as the htc or LG. it seems like every company is having a hard time doing the overall perfect package where as sony seems to be the only one capable of doing perfect overall but it seems they are constantly ****ing up.

https://www.androidauthority.com/jdi-full-active-lcd-smartphone-display-709087/ It seems like even apple is interested in the JDi active display. They want to rely less on samsung probably cuz of quality lol. But it seems that JDI somehow managed to make even thinner bezeles than Samsungs oled so apple is interested for their bezeless smartphone. I think SOny might change the game with this display.

I meant to hire the designer who makes those youtube videos LMAO. whoever makes those renders they have ****ing cool designs.

I was really surprised too. Even whathifi said this is the first time they awarded wireless Noise cancelling this high. Sony really impressed with their wireless offerings. THESE two headphones, and the Sony TV 2017 lineup are the only thing that Sony really nailed. SOny beat samsung in 2017 as number 1 most TV's sold the x900e and the x930e are amazing for the rice and really high quality.

they just need to fix their damn phones.

Oct 22, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #999 of 1,526
Sony I feel like wouldn't do that if google pixel can. Funcitonality wise google is the best with better software. but then again it lacks in audio as well which is not as good as the htc or LG. it seems like every company is having a hard time doing the overall perfect package where as sony seems to be the only one capable of doing perfect overall but it seems they are constantly ****ing up.

https://www.androidauthority.com/jdi-full-active-lcd-smartphone-display-709087/ It seems like even apple is interested in the JDi active display. They want to rely less on samsung probably cuz of quality lol. But it seems that JDI somehow managed to make even thinner bezeles than Samsungs oled so apple is interested for their bezeless smartphone. I think SOny might change the game with this display.

I meant to hire the designer who makes those youtube videos LMAO. whoever makes those renders they have ****ing cool designs.

I was really surprised too. Even whathifi said this is the first time they awarded wireless Noise cancelling this high. Sony really impressed with their wireless offerings. THESE two headphones, and the Sony TV 2017 lineup are the only thing that Sony really nailed. SOny beat samsung in 2017 as number 1 most TV's sold the x900e and the x930e are amazing for the rice and really high quality.

they just need to fix their damn phones.

Yeah I'd like to read a review of someone comparing the LG V30 to the XZP or XZ1 on audio to see where each one stands. I'm guessing the V30 is better, but would I notice the difference? Probably, but not definitely. The Xperias have the automatic headphone optimization, the V30 doesn't, but it has the Quad DAC and a couple other optimizations which I've come to like. The amp on the V30 however...................HOLY crap!! LOL I have NO doubt the V30 outdoes the Xperias there. Usually in my car I have to turn up the car volume (with phone volume at max) up to like 20-25 to hear my music. But with the V30, man at like 5-7 on louder songs or even 10-12 on softer songs...........it's LOUD as F! lol Sony has A LOT to make up for there. Sony keeps the amp lower to save battery life, but they should be using bigger batteries instead of cutting away at the amp power.

That would ROCK if Sony could take Apple's business away from Samsung! lol I really hope what you're saying there comes true aertus. lol I'm all for it. I will say though, the Note 8 looks DAHMN nice!

Yeah you should lol. He's got good ideas.

Yeah I saw that too! Very impressive! Keep at it Sony!! Nice on the TVs. I like the Samsung TVs, but I'd still take a Sony TV over a Samsung one anyday.

Oct 23, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #1,000 of 1,526
Rock, you got the V30 :). Congrats, it's not released in Europe or most of the world, yet. Even though I recently got the G6(excellent phone) I think I will buy the V30 within the next few months. It gets brilliant reviews everywhere.

You need to give some impressions. How is it compared to HTC 10 and V20, a big step up or just a small step for mankind... :)

Oct 23, 2017 at 1:08 PM Post #1,001 of 1,526
Rock, you got the V30 :). Congrats, it's not released in Europe or most of the world, yet. Even though I recently got the G6(excellent phone) I think I will buy the V30 within the next few months. It gets brilliant reviews everywhere.

You need to give some impressions. How is it compared to HTC 10 and V20, a big step up or just a small step for mankind... :)

Hey stenog,

Yeah! Just came in late last week. Finished configuring it over the weekend. I was gonna wait until the unlocked version came out on 10/27, but T-Mobile's promo deal for its locked V30 was TOO good to pass up (as you saw from my earlier post).

Yeah I got my mom the G6 and she loves it. You being in Europe means you prob got the Quad DAC on it too I assume? The U.S. locked versions don't have it (of course lol).

Yeah you should man.........esp if you don't have the Quad DAC. The camera is also the best yet by LG. Check out the two here (Berlin skyline), under the giraffes. Read the sections before and after it. I love that the LG phones have the same Auto Answer feature too as the Sony and HTC phones where you don't have to swipe to take a call. Just pick up the phone and put it up to your ear as normal, and it takes the call automatically!

Ok sure..............a few notes: 1) Vs. The V20: I only had the int'l V20 for a week, so I can't say much. My cousin had the T-Mobile V20 and he said the camera was inconsistent. Sometimes it was great, but sometimes it sucked. 2) Vs. the HTC 10: The V30 FOR SURE has better battery life than the 10. That was kind of a weak point with the 10. It had good battery life, but JUST good. Not great. And lately I feel like it was starting to get worse too, so I got the V30 at the right time. lol

The DAC might be better too, but not sure. However, I AM sure about the amp lol.............on my 10 (and really ALL phones I've ever had), when I plugged them into my car stereo, I had to put my volume up to 20-25 to really hear it well. With the V30 though...............man on louder rock songs, it was pretty d*mn loud at like 5-7, and even 10-12 on softer songs. That amp is INDUSTRIAL STRENGTH for sure!! lol And of course vs both of those phones, it's faster too because of the 835 (which also contributes to the better battery life). My cousin also told me that the 835 starts a new era with batteries in that it is specially designed to make batteries last much longer than they used to, even ones on the 820 or 821.

I got the silver/titanium color, which I love. I think T-Mo only has that one and maybe black, but the black one looked too plain to me. The other colors are nice too but silver/titanium is def my fav one. Umm.................other suggestions: 1) For the Quad DAC settings, I recommend "Enhanced" & "Short". 2) The wallpapers included on the phone are just ok (the G6 actually had better ones lol). So I found this app which features several "Hi-Res 2K" pics to choose from. Def download it to your V30 (or G6 if you want) and check it out. 3) The "Always-On Display" is really cool too. Uses like no power too. At first I didn't like that the V30 doesn't have a notification light. However, I realize now that AOD is actually BETTER than having that notif light b/c you get more info right away including the time so you don't have to constantly tap on your phone to see what time it is. If you slide the "notif line" over left or right when the AOD is on (screen is off), you can access other options like flashlight, camera, BT, etc. And one more swipe over gets you access to your music player, which of course for me is Poweramp. lol But note: it only works on Poweramp if you have a song playing through that app before you lock your screen.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2017 at 2:57 PM Post #1,002 of 1,526

Also, see posts 54 & 55 here on XDA. "vi" gives some additional input on the V20 vs. V30's sound quality.

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #1,005 of 1,526
Sure.

You might what? Didn't understand what you meant. I thought mirai was a style not a phone?
mirai which means future in japanese is what sony calls its newer design.

Im saying I might wait for that to come out. but The nokia 8 and HTC11 are also very impressive too. and the nokia 8 while nto the bleeding edge provides great value because you can get it for 550 USD and its great overall performance.

how is your v30. Its definitely a great phone and LG really outdid everyone else on maximizing internal space better than any other company coming close to the sony z3. IT doesnt waste any space and the battery life is great.

let us know everything about it. is the audio quality way better than the 10? how is LG's software and UI design

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back