Sony headphones..Some consolation?
Nov 19, 2011 at 2:13 PM Post #2 of 45
Not good..Get yourself a Panasonic HTF600 and be done with. My thread. You want bass those will give you almost none. I had the Xz300 and I hate the way they sound. For almost the same price you can get a HTF600. Go to the beginning of the thread for reviews. http://www.head-fi.org/t/571005/the-panasonic-rp-htf600-s-headphones-more-fun-than-the-hd650/1455#post_7898709

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:09 PM Post #3 of 45
yea, Panasonic RP-HTF600-S, with the Beyer EDT 200 Velour ear pads.

Nov 19, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #4 of 45
Unfortunately the glory days of Sony as a high end headphone maker are done. The last true thing of beauty they made was the Qualia 010, part of their odd lifestyle brand before the dramatic company shift under newer and more profit focused leadership. If you ever get a chance to hear a pair, expect them to suck unless they've been specifically tuned for your head; they required trip to a Sony flagship store and measurement when new. Without question, an odd relic of a different economic time. 

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:28 AM Post #5 of 45

Quote:
Unfortunately the glory days of Sony as a high end headphone maker are done. The last true thing of beauty they made was the Qualia 010, part of their odd lifestyle brand before the dramatic company shift under newer and more profit focused leadership. If you ever get a chance to hear a pair, expect them to suck unless they've been specifically tuned for your head; they required trip to a Sony flagship store and measurement when new. Without question, an odd relic of a different economic time. 

this comment right here doesnt care to contemplate the facts.
all of that nonsense was released before the 'high-resolution audio' craze blanketed the hollywood & movie industry.
SACD was the FIRST infant incarnation towards something beautiful with digital audio.
the rest has been a puddle of mud while looking for minerals.
kinda like landing on a planet and it has nothing to offer for life on (or inside of) the planet.

if you dare think about it.. 480 progressive was something that 'wowed' people only a decade ago.
'sony' always has an active place in a closet.
all we can do is hope some of these other brand names are also something worth stepping on, as it helps to relieve the pressure on some of the brand names that are old.
brand names are not some company ran by a fat old family, as the 'brand' is exactly that.. contemporary math standing in adjacent measure letter for letter.

if you are not new to such a concept, consider school grades as a place to start.
because some people will not tolerate a word with the letter 'F' inside of it.

anyways..
boutique's definition is - a bunch of goodies thrown together to create one.. with intention to be high-grade.
but
intention is not the same 'spell' as completion.
the sentence 'with completion to be high-grade' wont pass inertia requirements.
therefore it is better known as 'with competent high-grade results'

too many chances, options, and opportunities to fall short in terms of quality to get such a personality out of the closet and replaced with a new one.
very hard to beat the math without splashing together some ugly hybrid comprised of prosperity and ugly?

Nov 20, 2011 at 6:39 AM Post #6 of 45
The ZX100 ? I've heard them. They don't have much bass indeed and not much soundstage too. A lot of IEMs at the same price have plenty of bass IMO, like the lower end UEs. Or you can try the Panasonics like the previous posters have suggested. 

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #7 of 45
Ugh, what is this? What's going on here?

You're not really addressing anything I just said. It's a simple proposition, and requires no nonsense. Does Sony, or does Sony not, produce a headphone of the quality of the R10 or the Qualia 010? 

Quote:
all of that nonsense was released before the 'high-resolution audio' craze blanketed the hollywood & movie industry.
SACD was the FIRST infant incarnation towards something beautiful with digital audio.
kinda like landing on a planet and it has nothing to offer for life on (or inside of) the planet.

if you dare think about it.. 480 progressive was something that 'wowed' people only a decade ago.
all we can do is hope some of these other brand names are also something worth stepping on, as it helps to relieve the pressure on some of the brand names that are old.
brand names are not some company ran by a fat old family, as the 'brand' is exactly that.. contemporary math standing in adjacent measure letter for letter.

if you are not new to such a concept, consider school grades as a place to start.

anyways..
boutique's definition is - a bunch of goodies thrown together to create one.. with intention to be high-grade.
but

too many chances, options, and opportunities to fall short in terms of quality to get such a personality out of the closet and replaced with a new one.
very hard to beat the math without splashing together some ugly hybrid comprised of prosperity and ugly?

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #8 of 45

Quote:

anyways..
but

My face when...

This dude always makes me laugh.
biggrin.gif

Very best,

Nov 20, 2011 at 1:07 PM Post #9 of 45
Nov 20, 2011 at 7:37 PM Post #11 of 45

Quote:
Ugh, what is this? What's going on here?

You're not really addressing anything I just said. It's a simple proposition, and requires no nonsense. Does Sony, or does Sony not, produce a headphone of the quality of the R10 or the Qualia 010? 

i hope you realize how scary you sound.
addressing 'anything' you said is quite simple.
you said sony is done with anything quality when it comes to headphones, and i said that is a totally stupid move on behalf of any company because of the 'high-resolution audio' formats released only a year ago.
those headphones are EIGHT years old, and any assumptions as to those headphones being their best selection for the rest of the brand names life is rather 'adult humor' towards the more rational statement of 'i wonder what sony will release next'

your method of asking isnt the ultimate 'end all' type.
i could say no and something is released for christmas this year.
why bother putting all of that energy into a sentence structure like that when time could change with the next season?

to keep myself organized, i havent heard those headphones you are speaking about.. but the price tag doesnt lead me to think much.
computers 10 years ago were easily $1,000 and they are given away for FREE nowadays (same computer).

why on earth would you be implying audio quality is potentially at a stand still ?
i see you are on a 'quest to murder music' but that doesnt say anything about general audio to me.

perhaps you were simply setting me up for a 'say that again' about the whole 'high-resolution audio' making new audio gear requirements higher.
it is true.. there is a lot of audio gear out there that simply cannot output the full quality of the newer audio formats.
that proves to be good news for anybody looking for an upgrade.

when the vehicle in front of you isnt moving and you need to go, pushing into the bumper and shoving that vehicle out of the way is one way to get moving from your situation onwards.

remember..
answering your question with no today, and that question being proven wrong by christmas time is absolutely no 'nonsense'
it was accurate for the time the question was asked.
but
i dont think you should be begging for answers like that, and i dont believe that to be any nonsense.

when what you say is true, i'll be sure to file suit against sony as a claim for industry damages.
if sony goes, then magnavox goes, panasonic goes, rca goes, zenith goes, and philips goes.
might as well take GE while you are at it.. because who can stand to see the simplicity of 'general electric' for 100 years?

i spoke up about the irrational business decision, and chose to let no price or model number get in the way of the future for audio quality improvements.
i havent heard those headphones, but looking at the year they were made.. it should be rest-assuring that there will be something better to be had.
quite frankly, there are things being released in the lower price categories that compete with the many higher costing pieces of hardware.
it is a way to flush the top spot out and replace those things with something better.

speakers are really not something anybody should be holding any claims of 'it cant get any better than this' because those thoughts and beliefs can be shattered.
hell.. they even move away from the standard copper wound voice coil and magnet system for something more scientific-like.
fusion or something is what the speaker cone runs on.
all that has been released will prove to be a journey onto the way of real high-end equipment.
seems like the high resolution crazed started only 3 years ago.. why the rush to say 'done' when video screens jumped to 2k and 4k and even 8k ?

i think you are speaking from 'pot luck' and are aggressively seeking to enjoy it while it lasts.

Nov 20, 2011 at 7:52 PM Post #13 of 45
@anwaypasible I honestly don't think audio quality is improving rapidly. Take my speaker system for example - a pair of 20 year old Linn Index MkIIs. They sound bloody brilliant, and compare to most speakers I've heard in hi-fi stores. And you can't compare hi-fi to computing, they are entirely different beasts. 

Nov 21, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #14 of 45
Wow. Just wow.

Here's the deal; it seems like you're trying to apply Moore's laws to audio. Don't. It reveals you as being naive, as if your wall of incomprehensible sing-song text didn't already. If you don't have the ability to hear what others are talking about, try not to make up for it by spewing complete nonsense. Try and dress me down for my tone if you like, but the things you write do you no service.

But hey, if you're intent on buying a product for the specs on the box and unable to comprehend the contents, be my guest. 

Quote:
i hope you realize how scary you sound.
addressing 'anything' you said is quite simple.
you said sony is done with anything quality when it comes to headphones, and i said that is a totally stupid move on behalf of any company because of the 'high-resolution audio' formats released only a year ago.
those headphones are EIGHT years old, and any assumptions as to those headphones being their best selection for the rest of the brand names life is rather 'adult humor' towards the more rational statement of 'i wonder what sony will release next'

your method of asking isnt the ultimate 'end all' type.
i could say no and something is released for christmas this year.
why bother putting all of that energy into a sentence structure like that when time could change with the next season?

to keep myself organized, i havent heard those headphones you are speaking about.. but the price tag doesnt lead me to think much.
computers 10 years ago were easily $1,000 and they are given away for FREE nowadays (same computer).

why on earth would you be implying audio quality is potentially at a stand still ?
i see you are on a 'quest to murder music' but that doesnt say anything about general audio to me.

perhaps you were simply setting me up for a 'say that again' about the whole 'high-resolution audio' making new audio gear requirements higher.
it is true.. there is a lot of audio gear out there that simply cannot output the full quality of the newer audio formats.
that proves to be good news for anybody looking for an upgrade.

when the vehicle in front of you isnt moving and you need to go, pushing into the bumper and shoving that vehicle out of the way is one way to get moving from your situation onwards.

remember..
answering your question with no today, and that question being proven wrong by christmas time is absolutely no 'nonsense'
it was accurate for the time the question was asked.
but
i dont think you should be begging for answers like that, and i dont believe that to be any nonsense.

when what you say is true, i'll be sure to file suit against sony as a claim for industry damages.
if sony goes, then magnavox goes, panasonic goes, rca goes, zenith goes, and philips goes.
might as well take GE while you are at it.. because who can stand to see the simplicity of 'general electric' for 100 years?

i spoke up about the irrational business decision, and chose to let no price or model number get in the way of the future for audio quality improvements.
i havent heard those headphones, but looking at the year they were made.. it should be rest-assuring that there will be something better to be had.
quite frankly, there are things being released in the lower price categories that compete with the many higher costing pieces of hardware.
it is a way to flush the top spot out and replace those things with something better.

speakers are really not something anybody should be holding any claims of 'it cant get any better than this' because those thoughts and beliefs can be shattered.
hell.. they even move away from the standard copper wound voice coil and magnet system for something more scientific-like.
fusion or something is what the speaker cone runs on.
all that has been released will prove to be a journey onto the way of real high-end equipment.
seems like the high resolution crazed started only 3 years ago.. why the rush to say 'done' when video screens jumped to 2k and 4k and even 8k ?

i think you are speaking from 'pot luck' and are aggressively seeking to enjoy it while it lasts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back