Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Sep 3, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #106 of 2,773
No problem if you're a Google Chrome user (asks conveniently if you want to translate every site which isn't your standard language) :p

I don't really want to do that since I need to practice reading Russian again, since I'll be going, and living there for awhile, there in the near future. "Oh :|" in the sense that "LOL I missed that :p "

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:04 AM Post #107 of 2,773
Hi guys!

First time posting here, i have tried a couple of new lineups including the xb900, xb90, and the MDR-R1 and R1NC

Here is the link to my dropbox folder with the images =D

I am not gonna put up any impressions as the time i had to spend with them was really short. But i am impressed by the new lineup.

Feel free to repost the images in head-fi only.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fhs16wrq0ndf7m7/Pl47HsKm1a

Cheers!

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #108 of 2,773
woah it is already on sale right now?
please give us an impression after you tried it later on :D

edit: just saw the item availability on one of those picture, please ignore my comment on item availability :p

Sep 3, 2012 at 5:54 AM Post #109 of 2,773
No biggie :)
I hear that the launch date (singapore) is in oct(no mention on exact date)
Not sure of the price either, but the guys from hq are nice to bring it to me for some try outs.
i work in a sony centre which focuses on headphones, ranging from the basic ones to the z1000.
I like the xb900 alot! I have the 700 which is too cumbersome to bring outdoors unless i wanna cosplay a male fat version of princess Leia lol!!

I don't get to keep them for long as they(sony hq guys) gonna need it for press related events slated sometime soon.

Still, if i get any news, i will be sure to keep u guys posted!

Hope the pictures helps to satisfy the curiosity of many here!

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #111 of 2,773
Quote:
No biggie
smily_headphones1.gif

I hear that the launch date (singapore) is in oct(no mention on exact date)
Not sure of the price either, but the guys from hq are nice to bring it to me for some try outs.
i work in a sony centre which focuses on headphones, ranging from the basic ones to the z1000.
I like the xb900 alot! I have the 700 which is too cumbersome to bring outdoors unless i wanna cosplay a male fat version of princess Leia lol!!
I don't get to keep them for long as they(sony hq guys) gonna need it for press related events slated sometime soon.
Still, if i get any news, i will be sure to keep u guys posted!
Hope the pictures helps to satisfy the curiosity of many here!

How are the R1s compared to the Z1000? Better? Worse? Any impressions would help.

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:41 AM Post #112 of 2,773
Well at least we know it's bassier from the FR graphs. Seems like there's a very strong competition in the 200-$350 price segment atm, especially bringing out a bassy portable with still decent overall sound quality. R1, Momentum, M100, new XB series, Beyer Custom One, AKG and PSB M4U 1... 

Sep 3, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #113 of 2,773
My humblest opinion (take it with a pinch of salt) is that the lows are alot more fuller. (Am i making sense?!) I was playing flac files from my SGS3, i didnt have the time to try them at my own pace. (I had XB30,40,90, XB200,400,600,900 and 1R, 1NC to try in 30 mins) In some ways i feel the Z1000 seems clearer and warmer on the vocals. But the 1R has a rounder...bass.

I like them both.

I was listening to someone like you by adele, down with the sickness by disturbed, Mr saxobeat by stan, bad romance by gaga ( i know, my taste in music is horrible and i apologise for tt)

I like both the 1000 and 1R. If given a choice between them, i'd pick the 1R, i prefer the bass on it.

Off topic, i really like the xb900! Its so OOMPH with clear mids and highs. I could hear the cymbals clearly in down with the sickness.

I really wish i could have brought them home are try more music T_T 

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:18 AM Post #114 of 2,773
Quote:
My humblest opinion (take it with a pinch of salt) is that the lows are alot more fuller. (Am i making sense?!) I was playing flac files from my SGS3, i didnt have the time to try them at my own pace. (I had XB30,40,90, XB200,400,600,900 and 1R, 1NC to try in 30 mins) In some ways i feel the Z1000 seems clearer and warmer on the vocals. But the 1R has a rounder...bass.

I like them both.

I was listening to someone like you by adele, down with the sickness by disturbed, Mr saxobeat by stan, bad romance by gaga ( i know, my taste in music is horrible and i apologise for tt)

I like both the 1000 and 1R. If given a choice between them, i'd pick the 1R, i prefer the bass on it.

Off topic, i really like the xb900! Its so OOMPH with clear mids and highs. I could hear the cymbals clearly in down with the sickness.

I really wish i could have brought them home are try more music T_T 

Interesting, I think Sony may have a new winner here with XB900, very bassy but decent overall sound, very portable, quite stylish and not overly expensive 180~$200ish, it just ticks all those things for it to become a success. Ofc I expect these R1, M100 etc if they live up to the performance for their pricetag will also become best sellers but XB900 sits a price segment that is just below those and I expect the price to probably drop to around $150 later on as Sony products tend to drop in price quite a bit from their launch pricing. How would you evaluate its performance from the brief listening for a product at say 150 ~ $180 which is probably whereabouts it's gonna lie around (a bit higher at launch obviously)

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:22 AM Post #115 of 2,773
^ nice input Paddlebash.
How did the sound balance of each 'phone seemed to you? I mean the Z1000 and 1R of course.

I'm pretty confused by Sony's decision to tilt these to the bass and associate them with the electro-dubstep-dance genres. Isn't there an entire XB line is made for this purpose? I do hope it's at least the tighter approach but with more accuracy in the sub-bass, though i didn't fell it to be particularly lacking in Z1000.

Sep 3, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #116 of 2,773
I have no clue how much the xb900 will be priced here in singapore, but i sure am interested to get one!
Hmmmm, the question of balance huh? Well, i would really need to listen to them again to do them justice. But i like the Z1000's for its honest, flat, clean(i'm out of vocab here) sound. But(There's always a but!) its lacking some oooomph (Hey it is a monitor no?) which i think the 1R might have(not too overwhelming). 
My conclusion, these new lineup will give people a good reason to visit stores and try them out. 
Not to mention the in ear XB90! Its amazing! I am using a pair of EX500 with my SGS3, i love it but the XB90 is better (for the dance music i listen to that is)

Hope this helps!! 

I'll try to answer as much questions as possible but its almost time to knock off! 

^^

P.S (If any of u plan to visit singapore, drop me a pm, i have almost the entire lineup in store to let u have a spin)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back