Sony has new headphones, MDR-1R
Oct 28, 2012 at 4:35 PM Post #587 of 2,773
I think I will see if a can use a couple of the little hole re-enforcers used for paper in a binder in conjunction with some panty hose material to create a mesh cover. My second walk confirms blocking the hole does helps but I would love to not affect the sound. If anyone has a suggestion for easy to obtain materials I am all ears...

Oct 28, 2012 at 8:05 PM Post #588 of 2,773
i dont mind wind noise since i rarely listen to reference tracks while on the go. the ex series iems have wind noise problems as well but i still bring it outside.

Oct 29, 2012 at 10:16 AM Post #591 of 2,773
Quote:
So has anyone actually ordered these from Sony United States? Are they actually instock?

I wanted the silver version so I had to order from my contacts in Japan.

Oct 29, 2012 at 3:57 PM Post #594 of 2,773
I had the chance to listen to the MRP-1r using my Ipod classic as source. I use AAC 320 mb. Listened to some Stanley Clarke Jazz and some good Rock for about 15 minutes. They sounded very balanced and I could not find a treble peak, so the pirates should probably love them, but who knows..... i was on the verge of buying them, but I will sleep over this decision another night. Yes they are very comfy, but I found that my ears got a little warm during this short period. did anyone else feel this too?

Oct 29, 2012 at 4:07 PM Post #595 of 2,773
I should be getting my silver's by the end of the week.  I'll be able to compare these to the Momentums, COP's, UE6000's and the L1's.  Wish I had the M-100's to compare it with also but I have a feeling those will be keepers for sure when I receive them.  I have high hopes for the Sony's so I hope they don't disappoint.  

Oct 29, 2012 at 5:05 PM Post #596 of 2,773
I should be getting my silver's by the end of the week.  I'll be able to compare these to the Momentums, COP's, UE6000's and the L1's.  Wish I had the M-100's to compare it with also but I have a feeling those will be keepers for sure when I receive them.  I have high hopes for the Sony's so I hope they don't disappoint.  

Looking forward to your impressions.

Oct 29, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #599 of 2,773
In a regular temperature office building and at home I find the 1R to get warm on my ears. So in a warmer environment I could see these getting hot. But in the frozen Canadian North they are the ultimate earmuffs LOL. BTW in cold temperatures the stock cable gets pretty stiff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back