Sony h.ear on MDR-100AAP - $199 'Hi-Res Audio' Over-Ear Headphones
Jul 13, 2017 at 5:37 AM Post #1,714 of 1,768
Yes I received before seller dissapear and they are completely fake cheap garbage knock off in wrong color ..
ordered black and got this white that looks like it was made by a 3d printer lol !

Anyways it made a nice gift to my niece she likes them ha.
They sound decent but not better thanna $25 headphones lol

Well...you had to do it... at least there were drivers in them. LOL
Would love to see a photo. I have never seen a fake headphone...or, I don't think I have...

Jul 13, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #1,716 of 1,768
Guys is the flat cable durable? From what I found on internet the flat cable seems to have microphonic noise? And I've heard that the flat cable breaks overtime?

Can any long term user comment on the durability and quality of the cable?

Does Sony give replacement cable if the cable breaks during warranty period?

Should I just buy a mdr1a cable? If so do you guys know any reliable ones on ebay or aliexpress? I live in Asia and there's no stock in my region.

Sorry if I sound paranoia this is actually the first 'decent' headphone I'm planning to buy, I don't have that much money to spend on something that breaks easily. Thanks

Jul 13, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #1,717 of 1,768
Sorry if I sound paranoia this is actually the first 'decent' headphone I'm planning to buy, I don't have that much money to spend on something that breaks easily. Thanks

My brother has a pair of these and wears them all the time and he hasn't had to replace his cable. If something were to happen, you can get cables for dirt cheap on eBay that will be just as good for like 10 bucks. So really don't worry about cables.

Jul 23, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #1,720 of 1,768
Not yet as I am in a business trip outside my country but I will be home and able to test it over the weekend to give you a second confirmation.
Tested and indeed it works with the 1A cable.
As owner of 1A 100AAP and senn HD6XX I must say these 100AAP are underrated. they are sooooooooo good.
Paired with Mojo.

Aug 3, 2017 at 7:27 AM Post #1,721 of 1,768
the sony 1a only work with sony own propriety cable (has extra ring on it to lock it in), so after market cables dont work on it.

what i would like to know if MDR-100AAP has the same issue?!

would like to use v-moda boom mic pro with it, which connect via regular 3.5mm cable

Aug 3, 2017 at 8:28 AM Post #1,722 of 1,768
the sony 1a only work with sony own propriety cable (has extra ring on it to lock it in), so after market cables dont work on it.

would like to use v-moda boom mic pro with it, which connect via regular 3.5mm cable
That's not true. I have a few aftermarket cables, including trrs, that work with the 1a.

Aug 3, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #1,723 of 1,768

I am using this one with my 100AAPS on my home system when I do not need them to be portable. It also fits my husband's 1A. It goes in firmly but does not lock. It works and does not fall outl

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01F243EH4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Notice the metal collar between the plug and the housing. It has to be like that.

Can you easily return the v-moda if it does not work? Do you already have the 100AAP or are you trying to decide if you should get it?

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #1,724 of 1,768
I am using this one with my 100AAPS on my home system when I do not need them to be portable. It also fits my husband's 1A. It goes in firmly but does not lock. It works and does not fall outl

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01F243EH4/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Notice the metal collar between the plug and the housing. It has to be like that.

Can you easily return the v-moda if it does not work? Do you already have the 100AAP or are you trying to decide if you should get it?
im deciding whether to buy it or not..i got the information about the 1a cable from z reviews on youtube...guess its not reliable source

Users who are viewing this thread

Back