Sony EX90 Modding thread!
Jun 16, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #166 of 166
Sorry to bump an old thread, but i want to share some pictures of my new EX90SL fakes. They are pretty well done, and weren't super cheap, so i thought i'd bagged a bargain. But alas no..

I was able to figure out that they aren't legit by the poor sound quality (they sound worse than my ~2 year old and heavily worked EX85s) and the dubious build quality of some bits.
The only thing I couldn't find was good photos, so here are the best photos i could take with my small camera:

Note the 'Stereo Bar Receiver' and the genuine looking holographic Sony sticker.

The packaging was quite cheap feeling, just a plastic tray and a crappy foam cutout inside a weak cardboard box. In my experience real Sony stuff comes in sturdy packaging. The body of the headphones is metal, and has concentric machining marks on the end of the small cylinder, and on the main speaker body, but not on the outside of the cylinder. The small silver cone at the top of the wire looks like plastic, as there are seams on either side. Also, the cones don't line up fully straight onto the speaker body.
The ear pieces are smooth. They aren't obvious cheap rubber, they're either silicone or a passable impression.

The plug has no marking on it. The foam you can see here is cheap crap, and the stuff in the speaker outlet is exposed; no gauze cover.

The Sony printing which you can sort of see scratches off quite easily.

Save your coin on this crap and buy mum some flowers instead.
If the photos don't work i can upload them somewhere else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back