Sony EX71 vs. Etymotic ER-6
Sep 9, 2004 at 5:22 AM Post #2 of 17
Comfort-wise the Sony EX71 wins hands down IMHO, but quality-wise, the ER-6 really one-ups the EX71. Since quality is very important around these parts, I think you'll find an overwhelming majority voting for the Ety ER-6.

Sep 9, 2004 at 8:46 PM Post #5 of 17
I've never tried the sonys, but the er-6 is pretty comfortable. I'd forget they were there. An, there fit is nothing like that of th er-4. They're much smaller, and don't go anywhere as deep. Soundwise, good for a portable. I prefer cheaps earbuds for that purpose though. (of course they don't isolate as well as in-ears.) I really think er-6s should be less espensive, considering for not that much more, you can get the er-4, which I think is a very good phone.

I didn't vote myself.

Sep 9, 2004 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I really think er-6s should be less espensive, considering for not that much more, you can get the er-4.

The ER-6/i's are around 100-140 USD.

The ER-4 series' are about 150 more. They retail for $330!

That's your idea of little??

Sep 9, 2004 at 9:16 PM Post #7 of 17
Sep 9, 2004 at 9:25 PM Post #8 of 17
That's still over twice as much! Hardly a little is it?

I voted as I have both. The Sony's are more comfortable.

But the Ety's sound better.

Sep 9, 2004 at 10:02 PM Post #12 of 17
ehh...no, thats the er6. if i can get teh ex71 for $40, then the er6 would be $60 more. the er6i would be $90 more. pioneer is $30 and is worth considering, sound and comfortable is very good for the price.

Sep 9, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam
That's still over twice as much! Hardly a little is it?

I voted as I have both. The Sony's are more comfortable.

But the Ety's sound better.

I never said a little bit more. I said not that much more.($100 to me isn't too big price to pay for the better performance of the er-4.) I've seen used (often barely) er-4s go for around $140-180, which I say is a real good deal. I find the er-6 the annoying, cute little sister of the er-4. She's fun to play with sometimes, but her big sister is a lot cooler and mature, someone you really wanna spend your nights with.
biggrin.gif
I gotta say two things on the er-6s behalf though. Better looks and much less microphonics/occlusion.

Sep 9, 2004 at 11:32 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I've seen used (often barely) er-4s go for around $140-180, which I say is a real good deal. I find the er-6 the annoying, cute little sister of the er-4. She's fun to play with sometimes, but her big sister is a lot cooler and mature, someone you really wanna spend your nights with.
biggrin.gif
I gotta say two things on the er-6s behalf though. Better looks and much less microphonics/occlusion.

$160ish is a great price to pay for the ER4's. But for many I think $100 more is a lot more... If you see what I mean. In the good old UK, we usually pay for in pounds what you lucky people pay for in dollars. So things are always a little more over here than 'across the pond'. My ER6i's cost me $180 USD for instance....

I see your analogy though. Reminds me of a girl I used to know....

Sep 9, 2004 at 11:40 PM Post #15 of 17
I have the EX70s and ER6is. Not exactly your poll. The Etys have much better quality and stay in my ears although a little less comfortable. That's ok as I usually don't have head/ear phones on greater than 2 hours .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back