SONY DVP-NS999ES from Oade Bros?
Apr 9, 2003 at 5:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

nebuchadnezzar

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone dealt with Oade Brothers? Good service?
They offer a "Euro Mod" on the 999es, has anyone heard this unit modded? Or any other mods from Oade Bros?

tongue.gif

Apr 10, 2003 at 2:46 AM Post #2 of 11
Whats a "euromod"? Do they make it wear shorts and sandals with socks?

Apr 10, 2003 at 3:04 AM Post #3 of 11
No, they make it hate America.

I apologize, that was ONLY a joke and out of line.
biggrin.gif
redface.gif

From what I have read, they have good service and good prices. Their mods aren't usually as extensive as those done by people like Richard Modwright, but they are less expensive as well.

You might search on www.audioasylum.com for more information on the 999ES.

Apr 10, 2003 at 4:34 AM Post #4 of 11
Oade is an outstanding place to deal with. I have gotten more truly honest opinions from them, even at the expense of things they have in stock, than can be believed. Their prices are as good as they get, and the service equally excellent. I now go to them, exclusively, before anyone else, for any product they carry. My highest rating. Talk to Jim, he will never steer you wrong. The staff there truly cares about audio and video quality, first and foremost, and it clearly makes a difference.

JC

Apr 11, 2003 at 4:33 AM Post #5 of 11
I think the 999es has replaced the 9000es (which I presently use in my HT system and am quite pleased with even in it's unmodified state). I've not heard the 999es myself. The reviews have been mixed, with the biggest complaint relating to the build quality, but you can see for yourself:

Sony NS999Es with Audiogon search feature

I wasn't aware of any mods made by Oade Brothers. As far as I know, they are just a retail outlet, but I could be wrong.

Quote:

Their mods aren't usually as extensive as those done by people like Richard Modwright, but they are less expensive as well.

radrd, do you mean Dan Wright at Modwright? He does great work on the Sony SACD players. I believe Richard Kern also does mods on several Sony units.

Apr 11, 2003 at 4:47 AM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

radrd, do you mean Dan Wright at Modwright? He does great work on the Sony SACD players. I believe Richard Kern also does mods on several Sony units.

LOL, I'm a retard. I combined the two names to make one new one. I meant Dan, but both are great modders from what I have read.

Apr 11, 2003 at 11:48 AM Post #8 of 11
I have made several purchases from Jim Oade. They are great. You can email him and ask about a product and he will usually sent a price back via email, but I think you still have to call them to actually place an order.

gb

Apr 11, 2003 at 3:34 PM Post #9 of 11
Wmcmanus, this is from their website:

"Ask about our Euro MOD, for a warmer sound with amazing soundstage detail, priced at only 100.00 !"

I, too, own the 9000es and I think it's a great sounding unit. Picture quality is top notch as well. But, I need a new source in my head-rig. My intention is to replace the 9000 with the 999 and put the 9000 into my head-rig.

a link to the 999es at Oade Bros.

Thank you all for your replies and input. Definetely some positive feedback regarding Oade (that's what I was hoping for).

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2003 at 7:15 PM Post #10 of 11
Thanks for the link to the Oade mods. I'll have to check that out when I'm not stealing time from my employer!!!

I'm using the unmodified 9000es in my HT and a Phillips 963A in my headphone system. I'll have to switch them in and out to figure which fits best where.

Apr 11, 2003 at 10:44 PM Post #11 of 11
Oade bros. is great to deal with. They usually have some of the cheapest prices, and their communication is great. I'd buy from them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back