Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Jul 24, 2022 at 7:26 PM Post #2,416 of 2,546
Hello

Can anyone tell me where to get MH750s genuine to the UK? So far I've only found a recabled one with the AKG Samsung cable, and the mic is defective on the pair being sold.

Didn't want to spend too much on it ofc.
I went into the local cash converters, they usually chocker with old Xperia phones. If the staff are nice enough they’ll have a look through the boxes and you’ll probably find a set. Got mine first time, just offered them £5 and they were pretty happy. This way in my opinion you’re near enough guaranteed a genuine set.

Jul 28, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #2,417 of 2,546
Just got the last two in stock from Spassear on ebay :)
A bit pricey with the international shipping but I say it was worth it.

Unfortunately one of the units is defective and it was the first one I tried. Sound was out of phase. Fortunately the other unit is good and it sounds excellent.
It has that distinct Sony tuning I'm gotten used to. I came from the Sony MDREX110AP which I thought were quite good for the price (~$15). 91a3noz2cmL._SL1600_.jpg

LMC_28072022_180145.LMCx3P v1.8.jpg

Compared to the MDREX110AP, I would say these are much less bassy (With a bit of EQing you can achieve a punchy bass though). The mids get a bit muddied in the MDREX110AP, so music with lots of instruments + vocals can sound a bit... congested? The MH750 has better frequency separation and are able to go much louder than the MDREX110AP with the Syba DAC I use. Vocals are more natural sounding. The MH750 also has a larger soundstage, compared to the MDREX110AP which has a very "inside your head" sound. The included sillicone tips are harder than those of the MDREX110AP, which are quite thin/soft. These don't as deep in the ear canal (which probably accounts for the diminished bass), and getting a seal on the first try can be a bit annoying. The tips from MDREX110AP are loose on these ones. I see why some of you recommended getting better tips. Recommendations are welcome. The MDREX110AP are very comfortable to sleep with. I'm not sure if I can say the same about the MH750. I'm also not too crazy about the assymetrical cable lenghts, but I'm getting used to it. Fortunately the cable is a bit longer than the MDREX110AP to make up for it.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022 at 10:08 PM Post #2,418 of 2,546
Given the recent spate of $20ish IEMs that graph and perform rather well (Moondrop Chu, 7Hz Zero) where are we at with, for example, an MMCX modded MH755? I'm still tempted, but an awful lot has changed in the last 2 years and recent offerings might outperform both for tonality and technicalities?

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:24 PM Post #2,419 of 2,546
Given the recent spate of $20ish IEMs that graph and perform rather well (Moondrop Chu, 7Hz Zero) where are we at with, for example, an MMCX modded MH755? I'm still tempted, but an awful lot has changed in the last 2 years and recent offerings might outperform both for tonality and technicalities?

For the price, the MH755 has excellent timbre and tonality (quite harmanish), but is outperformed by quite a lot of modern day budget sets in technicalities - eg Tripowin Lea, CHU beat the MH755 in this department.

The MH755 also comes with a non-detachable short J shaped microphonic cable, and doing a MMCX mod adds substantially to costs. Secondly, a legit MH755 is now superbly hard to find in the wild, many fakes abound.

The MH755 still holds its own with timbre and tonality, but due to the above 2 reasons of fakes and need to modify the cable, I personally would skip the hassle and just get one of the other modern day budget rivals.

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:30 PM Post #2,420 of 2,546
For the price, the MH755 has excellent timbre and tonality (quite harmanish), but is outperformed by quite a lot of modern day budget sets in technicalities - eg Tripowin Lea, CHU beat the MH755 in this department.

The MH755 also comes with a non-detachable short J shaped microphonic cable, and doing a MMCX mod adds substantially to costs. Secondly, a legit MH755 is now superbly hard to find in the wild, many fakes abound.

The MH755 still holds its own with timbre and tonality, but due to the above 2 reasons of fakes and need to modify the cable, I personally would skip the hassle and just get one of the other modern day budget rivals.
The context here would be getting a legitimate and already modded one for $20 - still not worth it due to technicalities side of things? I do already have Chu as a “whatever put in a backpack” set, but the cable is not something I enjoy.

Aug 5, 2022 at 11:32 PM Post #2,421 of 2,546
The context here would be getting a legitimate and already modded one for $20 - still not worth it due to technicalities side of things? I do already have Chu as a “whatever put in a backpack” set, but the cable is not something I enjoy.

Hmm if you can already get a legit modded MH755 for $20, that's really a great deal. I see modded MH755 going for at least 50 bucks locally!

I do think the MH755 beats the CHU and LEA in tonality and timbre. But technicalities is still better in the latter 2, so I guess pick your poison. Personally I would take timbre/tonality over technicalities, but different strokes for different folks.

Aug 6, 2022 at 8:28 AM Post #2,423 of 2,546
MH755 is similar to the Tanchjim Tanya (except one is sub-bass focused and the Tanya is mid-bass). But Tanya is a bit better in technicalities though.

Dunno about the recent 20 usd releases, but im guessing its either a tie in tonality or a loss with them all being better in technicalities. (they all graph pretty damn good after all.)

That 20 usd mmcx MH755 is a nice price though. But I wouldnt pay more than that with what we have currently.

Aug 6, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #2,424 of 2,546
Funny, I have a 7hz Salnotes Zero inbound and have been using 755s for a few years. The Zero will be sold unopened. After seeing more graphs of the Zero I feel I need more bass than what the Zero's graphs imply.

And I am not so sure you really need to go to all the trouble of modding a 755. I use an $8 Sony extension that works and sounds great. Perhaps I am missing some unfound nuance with the 755, but with the right tips, (foam for me) they are really pretty darn great for under $20.

Aug 13, 2022 at 6:39 AM Post #2,425 of 2,546
Can anyone confirm the Spassear ebay seller stock of mh750 right now is genuine? Looks like they got only black ones left, and I heard those are almost never genuine. Recent buyer review says it's 100% the real deal but although they mention the black tips, I cannot be sure which color they actually got. Any other seller recommended, closer to EU? (buying from US will cost me like 60 bucks which is still a more than reasonable price for what these are but the risk of fake or defective comes in play)

Sep 8, 2022 at 1:13 PM Post #2,427 of 2,546
So i needed some new IEM's and i thought i would try to get some Sony mh750's.
I bought two brand new pairs from the same seller, paid ~12€ for both shipped to me.
Both of them are AG-500 14w31.

I will buy more of them surely, for 6€ each it is a steal.
H0Sx7km.jpg

87FFoIA.jpg

Ggr3fY9.jpg

eugmdlg.jpg

Hi there, nice to meet you. Been reading this thread for quite a long time, but still need your expertise on topic fake or real. MH750 from aliexpress. Probably fake, but confirmation would be appreciated.
Obvious fake in my opinion. Yours don't even have the 2 solder dots, the casing looks so cheap.
Check the Images in the Spoiler above.

Sep 23, 2022 at 3:00 PM Post #2,430 of 2,546
I've gone through crinacle's ranking list and found some other IEM with similar sound signature (with emphasis on sub-bass) and here are my findings using crinacle's FR comparison tool

Audiosense dt600 B
7Hz Timeless A
Sennheiser IE300 B
Sennheiser IE600 A+ 2 stars

under C+
Anker Soundcore Liberty Air 2
Anker Soundcore Liberty 2 pro

In conclusion though, there is nothing better for the price than the MH-750 for the price, especially for sub-bass lovers. Man I really wish Sony would come out with a version 2 of these but make it a bit more modern, perhaps usb-c or a true wireless version so I can rumble my friends' socks off with the sub-bass.
On that thought, who are everyone's favorite sellers to buy these in bulk?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back