Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Dec 5, 2021 at 5:06 PM Post #2,356 of 2,545
For anyone trying to get a pair of these, but concerned about the authenticity. Try your local pawn shops for older Xperia phones, a lot of them still have unused MH750 in them, my local store was happy to give me them for free, most others will be happy to accept a couple $$. I imagine theres thousands of unclaimed pairs sitting on shelves.

Dec 14, 2021 at 4:59 PM Post #2,357 of 2,545
Mh1c + OCC + zebrano wood:

DSC_7541~3.JPG

DSC_7539~2.JPG

Jan 5, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #2,361 of 2,545
I have a set of REAL MH750 purchased 1yr ago that I've thoroughly enjoyed so I thought to purchase a set of MH755 to use with BT dongle, but unfortunately received a set of fakes. (I'm in Taiwan) So, to add a few observations to this already very well established thread.

1. Packaging: Only one recycling logo, I have seen many "real" packaging with two logos.
01 Packaging IMG_8551.jpg

2. Label: Very very well made, print is mostly clean, I can even see the reflective code near the "bin" (difficult to catch on camera).
Wire wrap: fake MH755 wrapped very loosely and with wire tie, my real MH750 was very neatly wrapped fully covered in clear plastic with no wire tie.
02 Tag IMG_8566.jpg

3. Logo: If you hold the two up in your hand and look very closely, you can tell the difference.
03 Logo IMG_8553.jpg

4. Vent hole and back shell, again, something that you need to see up close.
04 Vent Hole IMG_8558.jpg

5. Inside, some small details.
05 Shell.jpg

6. Sound/listening,

Fake: Upon inserting them in my ears I got very very distinct driver flex (I've not seen this mentioned before).
Sound is muffled, highs are not sharp, very muddy, boomy, lots of bass, vocal's not clear, BUT there is music.

Real: No driver flex, very clean sound, clear imaging, good seperation, nice bass, can definitely rival something 10x~20x (or more) the price.

Just for fun, I got my wife and 9yr daughter to do a blind listening test betwen the two with just 20 seconds of Adele, they could easily pick out the real one.

Thoughts,
- The counterfeits are extremely well made, there is pretty much no way to tell without close examination and listening.
- Fake ones are everywhere, I looked up further seller listings and I could not tell if there are any real ones out there.
- All up, I paid US$6 shipped, I got some acceptable eartips and working earphones so that wasn't too bad.
- If you've never heard the real version, you'd think these earphones are ok but you won't understand what the hype is about.
Note: these are just my observations based on the two sets I have on hand, these are in no way conclusive to what's real and what's not.

Real MH750/MH755's are awesome but difficult to find real units, good luck out there!

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2022 at 10:18 AM Post #2,364 of 2,545
Any link for a legit Sony MH1c on eBay.de or Aliexpress?

Jan 25, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #2,369 of 2,545
I've bought a pair of MH750s on aliexpress recently and, despite they say it's only fakes on ali, these ones sound great (clean, not boomy and with great subbase) and have small eyelets on PCB, so definitely look like original. However they have impedance of 23 Ohm, and reviews/measurements I've found in the internet say impedance is 16 Ohm. It's well known there are different batches of MH750/755 from different OEM with varying parts, can impedance of the batches vary too or is it a definitive sign of fake?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2022 at 2:55 PM Post #2,370 of 2,545
I've bought a pair of MH750s on aliexpress recently and, despite they say it's only fakes on ali, these ones sound great (clean, not boomy and with great subbase) and have small eyelets on PCB, so definitely look like original. However they have impedance of 23 Ohm, and reviews/measurements I've found in the internet say impedance is 16 Ohm. It's well known there are different batches of MH750/755 from different OEM with varying parts, can impedance of the batches vary too or is it a definitive sign of fake?
From your description , most likely genuine, as Sony MH750/755 impedance range 16.6 - 25 ohm, batch variations is common as described in their original spec sheets too

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back