Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Oct 17, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #1,621 of 2,553
On 2nd look your White MH750s are actually MH755 with the short cable..no wonder you are recabling
Ah, I'm so stupid. I looked back at the listing (no longer available) and it was for MH755. I don't know why I said they were MH750.

Oct 17, 2020 at 4:59 AM Post #1,622 of 2,553
Yeah that about lines up with what I knew of the background of this iem. I did initially try combing through listings of the sony bluetooth receivers that had the MH755 bundled with it, but couldn't find anything reasonable. Luckily I did get my one genuine pair and that's all I need (given my mmcx mod goes smoothly).

Also for the sake of preservation. I think I have seen hundreds of botched MMCX Mods gone awry and damaged MH755s through the years,..another alternative is to invest in a 30cts extension audio cable 1-1.2 m should solve the short cable issue
IMG_20201017_164924.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 6:17 AM Post #1,624 of 2,553
Also for the sake of preservation. I think I have seen hundreds of botched MMCX Mods gone awry and damaged MH755s through the years,..another alternative is to invest in a 30cts extension audio cable 1-1.2 m should solve the short cable issue
IMG_20201017_164924.jpg
I've considered that, but I do have soldering experience, so I think I should be ok.

Oct 17, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #1,625 of 2,553
On 2nd look, your White MH750s are actually MH755 with the short cable..no wonder you are recabling

MYTH BUSTER

1. MH750/755 shares the same drivers
2. Only differences are the thin short or longer thicker cable with Mic variants
3. 2 different H/w variants verified thru the years

2013/14 - Side Vent Drivers
2015-2020 - Newer Centre Vent Drivers

Both versions can be identified as genuine with Sony's trademarked 2 x Solder Dots

For my taste mh755 sometimes feel 'shouty' in upper mid region and the bass not punchy as mh750. Is there any different tuning between them?

My earphones:
  • mh750 2017 type ag-0500
  • mh755 2017 type ag-0503

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 7:37 AM Post #1,626 of 2,553
Woah, woah, guess people are flocking these MH750's from our seller @Slater haha

Unfortunately, can't say I'm blown away by the pair of red MH750 that I got from that Shopee seller (Bang Bang store?). Sounded pretty meh, imo...songs that I'm familiar with sounded pretty off and there was a 'shouty' quality that I couldn't quite place.

I might've gotten a lemon, though, so I dunno...

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:16 AM Post #1,627 of 2,553
Unfortunately, can't say I'm blown away by the pair of red MH750 that I got from that Shopee seller (Bang Bang store?). Sounded pretty meh, imo...songs that I'm familiar with sounded pretty off and there was a 'shouty' quality that I couldn't quite place.

I might've gotten a lemon, though, so I dunno...

Hmm you only ordered one pair right? @Slater how's the red ones when you've heard them

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #1,628 of 2,553
Hey. I was just wondering, what exactly breaks (if you are a loser like me) when you solder wires on the back of the earphones driver? My MH755 were working one moment, and then they just weren't. I guess I held the heat near it for to long, but what breaks, why does it stop working?
Could it be that the coil just somehow disconnected from the back part, like in this video, and it could be fixed this same way? (just watch at x2 speed till the middle to understand what I'm asking)

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #1,631 of 2,553
Took me this long that I thought you were @brianforever lol, yah different profile but same color hue

Mmm if the shells are hard to remove by hand then prolly it's the real thing 'cause the legit red ones are like glued shut compared to others as confirmed by brianforever & @Slater

As for the sound, this do get slightly hot in the upper mids if the song demands it but nothing really offensive here just sparkle. Can't demand more technicalities from such small driver

Oct 17, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #1,632 of 2,553
Oct 17, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #1,633 of 2,553
Hey. I was just wondering, what exactly breaks (if you are a loser like me) when you solder wires on the back of the earphones driver? My MH755 were working one moment, and then they just weren't. I guess I held the heat near it for to long, but what breaks, why does it stop working?
Could it be that the coil just somehow disconnected from the back part, like in this video, and it could be fixed this same way? (just watch at x2 speed till the middle to understand what I'm asking)

Perhaps you removed too much enamel (prevents conduction) and the two wires are touching and therefore shorted, you would easily be able to see that when you open the shell. Or one of the wires came loose, didn't solder properly, etc. You could check for a short easily with a multimeter, you measure ohms from left to ground and from right to ground on the jack. If either of those shows really low resistance, it is shorted. Likewise, if you have a complete open it's probably the cable or a wire came loose in the shell (again, a visual check would show that).

Oct 17, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #1,634 of 2,553
IMG_20201017_164924.jpg

Oh this is perfect. My pair had just been sitting around because the cable is too short to use and I was getting intimidated and confused looking up Youtube videos on how to solder a new cable but if I can just order this extension then that's perfect, might even take them to use on the train.

Oct 18, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #1,635 of 2,553

I think usually the diaphram melts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back