Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Sep 28, 2020 at 6:33 PM Post #1,546 of 2,553
MH750 = MH755 (Both share the same drivers)

They are both one & the same, only differences are the longer cable and the mic, excluding the side air vent drivers of 2013/14 which are now extremely rare

#Be wary as most of the current 2013/14 MH750/755 batches those in this thread bought for the last 3 mths are Fakes!

Below an image of a side air vent 2014 MH750 which is super rare as all the new batches of MH750 & MH755 now comes with the centre air vent

Untitled.png
I thought they were actually tuned different?
https://www.reddit.com/r/inearfidelity/comments/bfbw4l/settling_the_score_mh755_vs_mh750/
Seeing multiple people make this distinction.

Sep 28, 2020 at 6:37 PM Post #1,547 of 2,553
There is a seller on ebay now with teardown pics of black MH750 that look legit, and their "wholesale" option is 10 pairs for $30+$2 shipping, which is less per piece than some other sellers (50 pairs for $200) and of course, a lot smaller investment/risk.

I'm new here and still not sure of the rules so I won't mention more details. But the teardown pics are in the description, not in the 11 pictures at the top of the auction.

That should be enough info for anyone to find them. I went for it, will update when they arrive, I have an imm6 so I can graph stuff.

Sep 28, 2020 at 9:51 PM Post #1,548 of 2,553
Im going to try to salvage them. But they won’t be perfect. I will have to fill in the bass vent with resin and drill a new vents on the underside of the shell. Also clean up all of the glue and the edge so the shell mates back together properly. A lot of work, but it was worth it to know.

The glue Sony used is insanely strong! If basically fused the plastic together. Likely solvent welding style glue.

I’m not exactly sure why they felt the needed to use glue so strong. It’s not like any of the other MH755 and MH750 had problems, and they had NO glue. Oh well.

Farewell little red one :frowning2:

Is it possible to just 'strip' the rubber guides and recable them that way?

Sep 28, 2020 at 9:57 PM Post #1,549 of 2,553
Farewell little red one :frowning2:

Is it possible to just 'strip' the rubber guides and recable them that way?

No, to recable them you need to solder the wires directly to the back of the driver.

It’s no big deal. It’s only a cosmetic issue. I can repair them with red color-matched thermoplastic, and it should look almost perfect assuming I can match the shade of red just right.

I’ll use that particular pair for my daily knockabout set or something :)

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:16 AM Post #1,550 of 2,553
I thought they were actually tuned different?
https://www.reddit.com/r/inearfidelity/comments/bfbw4l/settling_the_score_mh755_vs_mh750/
Seeing multiple people make this distinction.

That's more a side vent vs center vent drivers comparison
Not possible for them to do an apple to apple comparison then.

They are only different due to the 2 hardware variants from different Era/Year of manufacture,

Authentic MH750 (Newer Center Vent Drivers ) were the only ones released unbundled by China traders, and the 2013 MH755 was available earlier in the wild on AE, thus there was no way to compare with side vent driver version of the 2013/14 MH750s as they were not available unbundled and came only with the Sony Xperia Phones back then.

And @dc90 is the only proud owner we know who owns not 1 but 2 extremely rare 2014 Side Vent drivers MH750 in White & Black, which came with his Xperia Phones, in this thread, see a few pages back for the photos proof :)
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...750-mh755-mh1c-ex300-etc.900005/post-15670958

Sony's plan, coming out with a new improved all-rounded, slightly bassier & balanced center vent driver for their MH series was wrecked, ironically due to the unplanned re-release on Aliexpress in 2018/19 of their older iterations mfg 2013 side vent versions. Don't know what the fuss is about, can't really tell the diff. unless A/B and also prefer the newer version as its less fatiguing and awesome for long commute

Thus @crinacle should seriously relook it again (Pop open both MH755 & MH750 shells to show the driver types) and release the truth by doing an actual present-day, apple to apple updated comparison so as to dispel this fan-based myth on the internet that MH755 is better than MH750 or the center vent drivers and the 3.5mm straight audio jacks versions are counterfeits.

And also to reinforce this fact that MH750=MH755, below is the latest center vent MH755 drivers mfg in 2019 bought recently by @belalangtempur see the photo he contributed below
263AD30E-0BD3-4A15-BE4D-8992CDC84B4F.jpeg

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 1:23 AM Post #1,551 of 2,553
Hi. I recently rearranged some old things, and among these I found my old disassembled Sony Ericsson W800 IEMs. I noticed that the drivers also have those two characteristic circles of the MH755 driver. Will it be the same driver?
IMG_20200929_000418489~2.jpg
Or do all Sony drivers have that?

Attachments

• IMG_20200929_000353440~2.jpg
    IMG_20200929_000353440~2.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 0
Sep 29, 2020 at 1:28 AM Post #1,552 of 2,553
Hi. I recently rearranged some old things, and among these I found my old disassembled Sony Ericsson W800 IEMs. I noticed that the drivers also have those two characteristic circles of the MH755 driver. Will it be the same driver? Or do all Sony drivers have that?

Wow ! @Miyanovic Nostalgic.

I owned the same earphones that came with the Sony Ericsson phones,

Perhaps similar but not the same, as their mfg is progressive, which is that Sony is always making things "better" and yes the 2 solder dots are their trademark, I believe its to secure the drivers for stability due to their air vent tech (increased bass in a super small form factor) and also reduce vibrations

Barnone, these are by far the best sounding IEMs on the mobile-phone during that period no others ever came close to it :)

s-l500.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #1,553 of 2,553
Wow ! @Miyanovic Nostalgic.

I owned the same earphones that came with the Sony Ericsson phones,

Perhaps similar but not the same, as their mfg is progressive, which is that Sony is always making things "better" and yes the 2 solder dots are their trademark, I believe its to secure the drivers for stability due to their air vent tech (increased bass in a super small form factor) and also reduce vibrations

Barnone, these are by far the best sounding IEMs on the mobile-phone during that period no others ever came close to it :)

I see I see. Maybe I put those drivers in the housing of a false MH755. By the way, the only Aliexpress store that sold the genuine MH755 ("Exquisite Intelligent Life Store") now sell fake copies. It seems that it is official that in AliExpress it is no longer possible to achieve genuine MH755.
IMG_20200928_235712693~2.jpg
IMG_20200928_235828116~2.jpg

Sep 29, 2020 at 11:04 AM Post #1,554 of 2,553
I see I see. Maybe I put those drivers in the housing of a false MH755. By the way, the only Aliexpress store that sold the genuine MH755 ("Exquisite Intelligent Life Store") now sell fake copies. It seems that it is official that in AliExpress it is no longer possible to achieve genuine MH755. IMG_20200928_235712693~2.jpgIMG_20200928_235828116~2.jpg

Yes, the genuines are getting harder and harder to find nowadays. As you found, even sellers that used to sell genuine ones now have counterfeits. I’m willing to bet they don’t know though, and it’s their suppliers that are supplying them with fakes.

The exact same thing happened to Gearbest a few years ago. They always prided themselves on the fact that they only sold genuine goods. Then they got an entire batch of counterfeit Xiaomi earphones from their supplier without even realizing it.

Sep 29, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #1,555 of 2,553
I see I see. Maybe I put those drivers in the housing of a false MH755. By the way, the only Aliexpress store that sold the genuine MH755 ("Exquisite Intelligent Life Store") now sell fake copies. It seems that it is official that in AliExpress it is no longer possible to achieve genuine MH755.
Sorry to hear that @Miyanovic, at least on AE when I got a fake I was able to call it out as a fake with photos and video and got my money back..and yes given up on them on ever getting an authentic MH for the time being

Nowadays your best bet is to ask the sellers for actual packaging photos and also read the other buyers reviews and photos..And yes AE is no longer having any genuine pcs atm but recently there's been some new stocks of 2019 MH750/755 spotted on other platforms, so its a batch by batch case imho :)

Or just buy one Red MH750 off of @Slater as recently he just bulk ordered a stash load :)

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2020 at 6:26 PM Post #1,557 of 2,553
So I went ahead & bought the red MH750 from that Bang Bang store on Shopee as per your link @brianforever. Looking forward to getting it & hopefully it's a genuine unit. Obviously I won't be opening the shell to check after seeing Slater's post re:glue.

Hahha Yes @fonkepala , We both suffered me ( painful neck) @Slater (Damaged Red MH Shells) for your gain :)

Sep 29, 2020 at 10:08 PM Post #1,558 of 2,553
Yes, the genuines are getting harder and harder to find nowadays. As you found, even sellers that used to sell genuine ones now have counterfeits. I’m willing to bet they don’t know though, and it’s their suppliers that are supplying them with fakes.

The exact same thing happened to Gearbest a few years ago. They always prided themselves on the fact that they only sold genuine goods. Then they got an entire batch of counterfeit Xiaomi earphones from their supplier without even realizing it.

Yep.

One of the ones I got from kanoya on ebay, who is in Japan, sent a fake one time. They are a legit seller normally, probably just received from their supplier as fakes and they didn't know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back