Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Mar 28, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #1,156 of 2,544
Grabbed these used SBH20 for a total of 16 USD. Wanted to compare the MH755 to the seemingly genuine pairs I bought so far from various AE and eBay vendors.
IMG_20200328_120139-02.jpeg

Still need time to do the comparisons, but on a first listen these sound good. I was also surprised by the sq via BT receivers, especially considering how old these are. Happy with my purchase so far. Just need to give them a good scrub, as they're quite filthy.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 3:44 PM Post #1,162 of 2,544
Damn that's expensive.

Maybe set up a Camelcamelcamel price alert.

Prices fluctuate wildly on Amazon. I had been watching a headphone a few weeks ago, and it dropped to $62. I put it in my cart and was ready to buy it, and 2 days later the price shot up to $167. No reason (like the price changes with hand sanitizer or masks or toilet paper). It was just a normal Amazon price fluctuation.

That’s why I always set up price alerts on things I want. Prices are always going up and down. I’ve scored a lot of great deals over the years with low price alerts.

You could also try sending a message to the seller and offering a more realistic price. They’re often small business people who operate out of their houses. And they are happy to just get rid of an item. Because if an item is with Amazon too long, Amazon starts charging them storage fees. So sellers are sometimes willing to get rid of something for a reasonable price, because if they keep waiting they’ll have to start paying Amazon. I got the last 2 pairs of an earphone a few months ago for $9 instead of $30 because of that exact reason.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #1,163 of 2,544

Prices fluctuate wildly on Amazon. I had been watching a headphone a few weeks ago, and it dropped to $62. I put it in my cart and was ready to buy it, and 2 days later the price shot up to $167. No reason (like the price changes with hand sanitizer or masks or toilet paper). It was just a normal Amazon price fluctuation.

That’s why I always set up price alerts on things I want. Prices are always going up and down. I’ve scored a lot of great deals over the years with low price alerts.

You could also try sending a message to the seller and offering a more realistic price. They’re often small business people who operate out of their houses. And they are happy to just get rid of an item. Because if an item is with Amazon too long, Amazon starts charging them storage fees. So sellers are sometimes willing to get rid of something for a reasonable price, because if they keep waiting they’ll have to start paying Amazon. I got the last 2 pairs of an earphone a few months ago for $9 instead of $30 because of that exact reason.
The thing is. I’m located in Europe. Shipping and handling fees are more than the iems themselves. But I’ll try and talk to the seller

Apr 6, 2020 at 5:49 PM Post #1,164 of 2,544
The thing is. I’m located in Europe. Shipping and handling fees are more than the iems themselves. But I’ll try and talk to the seller

Ah, gotcha. Have you tried your EU country’s specific Amazon (such as Amazon UK, etc)?

Apr 7, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #1,165 of 2,544

Just did, but does not work at all :frowning2:
1586258207455.jpeg

Apr 12, 2020 at 2:46 AM Post #1,166 of 2,544
Finished my own MH755 mmcx mod!
I'm just starting out and had no other proper equipment other than a soldering iron and some solder so I had to go all ghetto because I can't really order anything I need.
There's soldering burn in some of the shells because of space I'm working on, had to resolder some points because my hands are sloppy.
After some resilience, I finally made it! Wooh, I really need some rest. Thank you guys for the help here :)
IMG_20200412_142656.jpg

Apr 12, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #1,167 of 2,544
I'm just starting out and had no other proper equipment other than a soldering iron and some solder so I had to go all ghetto because I can't really order anything I need.
There's soldering burn in some of the shells because of space I'm working on, had to resolder some points because my hands are sloppy.
After some resilience, I finally made it! Wooh, I really need some rest. Thank you guys for the help here :)
IMG_20200412_142656.jpg

how was the sq ? i want it do the same thing with mine.

Apr 12, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #1,169 of 2,544
IMG_20200412_142656.jpg
I looks good dude.
Did you have any trouble tinning the wires? That's my main problem right now. The solder always manages to fall off the when in liquid state.

Apr 12, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #1,170 of 2,544
I looks good dude.
Did you have any trouble tinning the wires? That's my main problem right now. The solder always manages to fall off the when in liquid state.
Oh, I just burned the wires by holding the soldering iron onto it, cause there's still some insulation(? Idk what the proper word for that) that would potentially hinder the tining of the wires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back