Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Nov 27, 2019 at 11:11 AM Post #948 of 2,545
Does the MH755 have a front vent? I can feel the air pressing my eardrums whenever I insert them.

Nope, no front vent on the MH755.

Try opening your mouth (like an O) while you insert them. This will help. You can also pull down on your earlobe as you insert them. That will help too.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2019 at 3:12 AM Post #950 of 2,545
I'm kind of torn...I just read through all 98 pages of the Blon impressions thread (mostly covering the BL03) and I am wondering if I will enjoy them more than my modded MH755. I feel like I already have a great all-rounder on my hands. I've also been wanting to try the Etymotic MK5 all year for something perhaps more accurate/analytical since my VE Duke died...

Nov 29, 2019 at 3:27 AM Post #951 of 2,545
I'm kind of torn...I just read through all 98 pages of the Blon impressions thread (mostly covering the BL03) and I am wondering if I will enjoy them more than my modded MH755. I feel like I already have a great all-rounder on my hands. I've also been wanting to try the Etymotic MK5 all year for something perhaps more accurate/analytical since my VE Duke died...

How did u mod your MH755? I have both sets and though the MH755 is a good set for the price, the BLON BL-03 is a more refined version to me in terms of tuning and timbre.
And the MH755 has a crappy short microphonic cable, so it was a big plus for me to get a detachable cable IEM with improvements, unless u can do your own MMCX/recabling.

But for sure the BLON is not analytical, so u might be better off going for a multi BA/hybrid type of IEM to get more details/clarity/instrument separation than the BLON if that's what u are after.

Nov 29, 2019 at 4:08 AM Post #952 of 2,545
Anybody using 755 mmcx mod with TRN bt20 / bt20s? Hows the fit? I tried search the thread and found nothing

Nov 29, 2019 at 4:46 AM Post #954 of 2,545
How did u mod your MH755? I have both sets and though the MH755 is a good set for the price, the BLON BL-03 is a more refined version to me in terms of tuning and timbre.
And the MH755 has a crappy short microphonic cable, so it was a big plus for me to get a detachable cable IEM with improvements, unless u can do your own MMCX/recabling.

But for sure the BLON is not analytical, so u might be better off going for a multi BA/hybrid type of IEM to get more details/clarity/instrument separation than the BLON if that's what u are after.

My MH755 mod was done by @Slater :

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/son...5-mh1c-ex300-etc.900005/page-61#post-15319532

I guess I'm just unsure if I want another more "musical" type IEM offering potentially more than what I have in the MH755 vs more details and such. I see the blon everywhere and seem to think it could serve as a better "all-rounder" than my MH755, though I'm still on the fence if it's not much of an upgrade. Hence my wanting to go with something in the opposite direction (though as I understand, the DD of the MK5 still offers more bass compared to other Etymotics).

Nov 29, 2019 at 8:05 AM Post #955 of 2,545

I'm listening a lot to my originals (not modded) 755 these days, and completely agree with you. Using them with ES100 (2 x volt.) and a bit of EQ, and feeling very satisfied and happy with the whole sound. They achieve a point of fullness, that is pretty near to much much more expensive stuff (I mean, seriously). But at the same time, cymbals and treble in general sound amazing with very good timbre. Listening to Electric Sunrise from Plini (I use wav files and Poweramp, but Tidal serves well too) shows what I'm trying to talk about.

On the other hand, BL-03s fit me well with RHA silicone tips, but cable weight causes that I have to adjust them from time to time so not using them on the go (at home I'm having no time these days, so nothing near to a critical listening for now, but from early impressions, I'm not sure at all that they sound better than 755s with my actual gear). E1DA 9038S is in its way. We'll see then.

Nov 29, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #956 of 2,545
I'm listening a lot to my originals (not modded) 755 these days, and completely agree with you. Using them with ES100 (2 x volt.) and a bit of EQ, and feeling very satisfied and happy with the whole sound. They achieve a point of fullness, that is pretty near to much much more expensive stuff (I mean, seriously). But at the same time, cymbals and treble in general sound amazing with very good timbre. Listening to Electric Sunrise from Plini (I use wav files and Poweramp, but Tidal serves well too) shows what I'm trying to talk about.

On the other hand, BL-03s fit me well with RHA silicone tips, but cable weight causes that I have to adjust them from time to time so not using them on the go (at home I'm having no time these days, so nothing near to a critical listening for now, but from early impressions, I'm not sure at all that they sound better than 755s with my actual gear). E1DA 9038S is in its way. We'll see then.

Very much appreciate your input - this is kind of telling me what I suspected....that I maybe should hold off on the blon and go for a different flavor if I'm enjoying the MH755. Interested in your thoughts on the E1DA 9038S, I've heard very good things. I have a HifimeDIY S2 9038 I use with my Chromecast Audio -> optical into the S2 in my 2 channel stereo and I love it. I question whether the E1DA would draw too much power from my phone so been eyeballing the Ikko Zerda.

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #958 of 2,545
Ps: the cable was such a mess that I had to use a friggin' air dryer for getting it straight :sweat_smile:
IMG_20191205_182917.jpg

Dec 5, 2019 at 12:48 PM Post #959 of 2,545
Very much appreciate your input - this is kind of telling me what I suspected....that I maybe should hold off on the blon and go for a different flavor if I'm enjoying the MH755. Interested in your thoughts on the E1DA 9038S, I've heard very good things. I have a HifimeDIY S2 9038 I use with my Chromecast Audio -> optical into the S2 in my 2 channel stereo and I love it. I question whether the E1DA would draw too much power from my phone so been eyeballing the Ikko Zerda.
For my personal experience. The BL03 tuning is enjoyable than the MH755 but after a while I realized the 03 is really underwhelmingly boring because it is really inoffensive, everything sounds on the same plane with the BL03

I would pick the 755 over the BL03

Users who are viewing this thread

Back