Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Jul 6, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #316 of 2,543
Well, I just tried. I scratched it a bit and felt I would break it if I took it further apart. I have poor vision, and have difficulty trying to focus on anything so small, so not sure if this is good enough.

Well, hey at least you tried. Thanks for trying!

BTW, I use jeweler’s optivisors for detail work. It could be something that might help you at various tasks. There’s nothing worse than not being able to see.

Anyways, you wear these on your head (they’re easily adjustable and very comfortable). They keep both your hands free to work on small items.

The kit I bought included multiple lenses that have varying degrees of magnification.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RFZS94

I use them multiple times per week, and they’re worth every penny!!

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #317 of 2,543
Trying again to attach it.

Is your camera able to focus on the driver a little more?

Like these photos

8418DA5C-6C2A-4F95-A957-25F0FA788ED8.jpeg 4A4D581C-C0BE-48B0-86ED-44F17A542368.jpeg

BTW, in the above driver photos, the 1st one is genuine and the 2nd one is not.

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2019 at 11:26 PM Post #318 of 2,543
Well, hey at least you tried. Thanks for trying!

BTW, I use jeweler’s optivisors for detail work. It could be something that might help you at various tasks. There’s nothing worse than not being able to see.

Anyways, you wear these on your head (they’re easily adjustable and very comfortable). They keep both your hands free to work on small items.

The kit I bought included multiple lenses that have varying degrees of magnification.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RFZS94

I use them multiple times per week, and they’re worth every penny!!

I might try more seriously in a few days. I'm dealing with mild dehydration from sunburn and working outdoors too long in 100 degree F heat. At least cod liver oil helps with sunburn and I'm drinking as much water as I can stand.

Jul 8, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #319 of 2,543
Here are a couple more pictures of my MH750 They have the metal outer sleave, or whatever term, like your picture, vs. the white outer sleave of the fake one. The pictures were taken with a phone held over a magnifying glass.

NaQWZTqmpY9JGrmq7

PxnTwhati5nLszReA

Attachments

• MH750-1.jpg
    MH750-1.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 0
  • MH750-2.jpg
    MH750-2.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 8, 2019 at 6:57 PM Post #321 of 2,543
Not sure why I'm having difficulty getting my pictures to show as either a link or an attachment.

Those look good so far.

Can you check 1 more thing?

On the driver, are there 2 silver “dots”, that are 180 degrees apart from one another?

It’s obscured in your photos, so I can’t tell. You don’t have to take any photos; just comparing yours with a magnifying glass to my photo and a yes or no would suffice.

Thanks for your efforts! I’m 75% sure yours are genuine, and 2 the silver dots would make it 100% sure.

795C160A-5DB6-4073-930A-1EF3DB8BCF02.jpeg

Jul 8, 2019 at 9:41 PM Post #323 of 2,543
What did you do to them man? You only have to squeeze them with your fingernails and they should come apart.

Hey Y'all, how's it goin'? I have a small question. My MH750 is apparently wired out of phase. I've heard that some of the (older) batches are "incompatible" with modern gear (which was most likely the issue). I was wondering if anybody knows which channel is the messed up one? I really wanna fix it on the jack end (for now), and avoid opening the buds, or cutting the cable. The question really is, which one should I "flip/reverse" - L and the GND, or R and the GND. Not that it matters really, because it will work no matter what, but I prefer it being "fixed properly". I will have it re-cabled eventually, but this is for the time being. Thanks.

[edit:] Uhmm, yeah, that's not gonna work actually. I have to open the mic section, and fix it there. :o2smile: #LogicEscapesMeWhenTired

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #324 of 2,543
What did you do to them man? You only have to squeeze them with your fingernails and they should come apart.

They seemed too tight when I have no finger nails to speak of. I used metal tweezers the first time, and a paper clip the second time. I scratched them a bit, but no big deal. I'm tempted to by a 10 pack for $30. They are the bassiest really good earphone for every other measure too short of a few better ones plus EQ.

Jul 9, 2019 at 1:45 AM Post #326 of 2,543
Hey Y'all, how's it goin'? I have a small question. My MH750 is apparently wired out of phase. I've heard that some of the (older) batches are "incompatible" with modern gear (which was most likely the issue). I was wondering if anybody knows which channel is the messed up one? I really wanna fix it on the jack end (for now), and avoid opening the buds, or cutting the cable. The question really is, which one should I "flip/reverse" - L and the GND, or R and the GND. Not that it matters really, because it will work no matter what, but I prefer it being "fixed properly". I will have it re-cabled eventually, but this is for the time being. Thanks.

[edit:] Uhmm, yeah, that's not gonna work actually. I have to open the mic section, and fix it there. :o2smile: #LogicEscapesMeWhenTired
the same thing happened to me but with kz edr1, the gnd microphone was inverted so soldering again and his fixed

Jul 9, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #327 of 2,543
They are the bassiest really good earphone for every other measure too short of a few better ones plus EQ.

That is something potential MH750 buyers should keep in mind. The MH750 is not simply the MH755 with a longer cable.

The 750 is tuned differently, and has much more low end. The 755 follows the Harman curve, and some people feel the 755 has too much low end. So if those people think the 755 has too much low end, then they’re really gonna be overwhelmed by the 750

Jul 10, 2019 at 4:54 PM Post #329 of 2,543
Can i get an authenticity check? It really isn't very easy to get a picture of the smaller details with a cell phone camera. I tried my best, but i can try again if need be.

I haven't actually had a chance to listen to these. Just received the package at work today.
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190710142906384_COVER (1).jpg
00000IMG_00000_BURST20190710142819803_COVER (1).jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back