Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Oct 2, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #2,311 of 2,546
Fancy mh1c by me :D
DSC_7167~4.JPG
DSC_7165~2.JPG
DSC_7165~3.JPG

Oct 5, 2021 at 12:08 PM Post #2,313 of 2,546

The pics look genuine, and there is one review that says it's genuine and says it has the two solder dots. I'd go for it.

ETA: When I got my MH755s, I ordered two. One from one supplier, the other from another. The real one had R and L stamped in on the inside of the connector stalks, which you can see in that listing. The fakes had it facing the outside, and it wasn't stamped in, it was raised.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2021 at 3:23 AM Post #2,314 of 2,546
Has anyone tried replacing or modding the filters on a mh750? I just bought a right angle plug white mh750 and the soundstage is noticeably narrower than my black straight plug mh750?

Oct 8, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #2,315 of 2,546
Has anyone tried replacing or modding the filters on a mh750? I just bought a right angle plug white mh750 and the soundstage is noticeably narrower than my black straight plug mh750?
I did try once but that treble was too hot to handle especially for a Harman Target IEM. It defeats the entire purpose purchasing MH750. But if you can adjust to the signature tweak to bright V shape IEM then please do go for it.

Sound opens up for sure but the treble gets a bit irritating which kills the fun factor.

Oct 17, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #2,316 of 2,546
Hello! Newbie here :) Great info about Sony MH750 & MH755. I bought my Sony MH750 (White) last year from a local online shop. Very good earphones, great bass. But reading through the thread I found something that worries me… it says that if 'Made in China' it's written "Made in space space space Chine" it's fake :frowning2: It's that true 100%?
Well, one thing that jumps out at me is “Made in China” looks legit. The fakes say “Made in (space space space space) China”.

Regardless, the telltale signs will be what the driver looks like once you are able to open it up, as well as if there is tuning foam in the nozzle.

I'm not an expert, I tried to open one of them to see the driver, but I can't, and since it's my only pair, I don't want to damage them. It has black tuning foam in the nozzle. On the package it says "handsfree sony mh750 original". I have 2 extra pair of earbuds and one cable clip. I uploaded some photos. I didn't realized that the tag attached to the cable it's important and I didn't keep it, but luckily I made a photo.

A62E33E.jpg

jSHufur.jpg

I'm asking because I want to buy more MH750's and I found someone who sells 3 white ones and another guy who sells a black MH750. Two of the white ones have space after 'Made in". For better res, open the photo in new tab. I didn't find how to upload here. Also if there is no extra ear tips bundled in the package, it's a problem, it can be fake? Thanks
7tflTuR.jpeg

EFaIpgG.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #2,317 of 2,546
Hello! Newbie here :) Great info about Sony MH750 & MH755. I bought my Sony MH750 (White) last year from a local online shop. Very good earphones, great bass. But reading through the thread I found something that worries me… it says that if 'Made in China' it's written "Made in space space space Chine" it's fake :frowning2: It's that true 100%?

I'm not an expert, I tried to open one of them to see the driver, but I can't, and since it's my only pair, I don't want to damage them. It has black tuning foam in the nozzle. On the package it says "handsfree sony mh750 original". I have 2 extra pair of earbuds and one cable clip. I uploaded some photos. I didn't realized that the tag attached to the cable it's important and I didn't keep it, but luckily I made a photo.

A62E33E.jpg

jSHufur.jpg

I'm asking because I want to buy more MH750's and I found someone who sells 3 white ones and another guy who sells a black MH750. Two of the white ones have space after 'Made in". For better res, open the photo in new tab. I didn't find how to upload here. Also if there is no extra ear tips bundled in the package, it's a problem, it can be fake? Thanks
7tflTuR.jpeg

EFaIpgG.jpg

Pop it open, check for two solder dots. Post a pic if you need help.

Oct 17, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #2,319 of 2,546
Hi Raymah! I tried, it doesn't open and I don't want to damage it, it's my only pair. :) I will search for a tutorial. What about "Made in (space space space) China"? 100% all are fake?

Not in my experience, my real set i use as a daily driver had space space on the tag from memory but it's rubbed off now. There are a few people on here who are much more knowledgeable than me who i think say something different though.

It's really not that hard to pop them open without damage. Use your fingernail or a plastic dull blade if you're really wanting to be careful. Just apply progressive force, work your way around the join and don't pull them apart.

Oct 20, 2021 at 1:00 AM Post #2,320 of 2,546
Hi. Quick question. If I have a chance to purchase a new Sony SBH24 bluetooth receiver with the Sony MH755, it is worth it? Or the sound it's not that different from Sony MH750? I really like the deep and powerful bass from MH750 :ksc75smile:

ps. Cheers @Fat Larry for confirming about the "Made in China" tag. The three MH750 white ones are from Sony smartphones, so it's good:).

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 2:25 AM Post #2,321 of 2,546

A62E33E.jpg

jSHufur.jpg

7tflTuR.jpeg

EFaIpgG.jpg
@Triny from your eartips packaging , can confirm 101% the Black MH750 Type; AG-0501 is the real deal :)
Also , spend more time listening to them, if they sound much better(subjective, I mean with micro details) than your other $100 plus and above IEMs then its all good :beerchug:

Also the MH750/755 is 100% identical, please read previous postings or my review which took 3 years + to compile for belter understanding mate :) :
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/sony-mh755.23501/reviews

jSHufur.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 3:04 AM Post #2,322 of 2,546
Cheers @brianforever for confirming. :ksc75smile: So if they have that on the back, it's a good sign. That eartips packaging are from my first MH750 white AG-0500 14W52. It's the best sound from all the IEM's I had over the years.
The other day I purchased from a local buyer three white Sony MH750 that came with Sony smartphones: One has serial number starting with 13: AG-0500 13W46; Other ones: AG-0500 14w26; AG-0501 14w41; The only down side it's that it didn't have the extra eartips bag for them , but it's ok.

I think I started a new hobby haha. Now I want to buy this black MH750 that came with a Sony Ze 3 compact. I don't any have any black MH750 (yet)

OwEf6Y4.jpg

As for your Sony MH750/MH755, very good review. :) I will think about it, maybe I will add that SBH24 to my collection

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #2,323 of 2,546
Hi Raymah! I tried, it doesn't open and I don't want to damage it, it's my only pair. :) I will search for a tutorial. What about "Made in (space space space) China"? 100% all are fake?

It's super easy to open. I didn't even need to pry it open, just pushed the nozzle sideways and it popped open.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back