Sony budget earphone discussion thread (MH750, MH755, MH1C, EX300, etc)
Jan 28, 2021 at 1:05 AM Post #1,951 of 2,543
Hi everyone,
I love the sound of my MH750 & I've been reading through this thread and have some questions you might help me with:

1- What is the best way to get extra MH755/750 eartips? as they fit me the best of all the tips I've tried (Large size). does the fake ones sold everywhere have similar tips as the genuine ones??

2- Is there a way to get a recabled MH755 and be genuine I've got a legit MH750 will a recabled MH755 be a good buy or not, also should I be looking for one or no need?

Thanks in advance.

Jan 29, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #1,952 of 2,543
This is how my Sony MH750 looks that I ordered online. I haven't opened it yet OTOH it sounds like the real deal. What's odd is no tag near the plug.
IMG_20210129_175532.jpg

Jan 31, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #1,956 of 2,543
Hey everyone, my MH750s I got from kanoyo on eBay sadly cracked at the housing while I was trying different plugs. Was gonna order a replacement but he doesn't seem to carry these anymore. Any legit place to get MH750 with reasonable shipping to germany? I found some on local eBay listings here but not sure if they are genuine or not.

Should I maybe give the MH1C a try? Did some reading and apparently these are like better built MH750s. The cable on them seems a bit annoying though.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 10:33 AM Post #1,958 of 2,543
Hey everyone, my MH750s I got from kanoyo on eBay sadly cracked on the housing while I was trying different plugs. Was gonna order a replacement but he doesn't seem to carry these anymore. Any legit place to get MH750 with reasonable shipping to germany? I found some on local eBay listings here but not sure if they are genuine or not.

Should I maybe give the MH1C a try? Did some reading and apparently these are like better built MH750s. The cable on them seems a bit annoying though.
Selbstverständlich alles in Englisch damit jeder hier lesen kann. Den MH1C habe ich nie gehört. Aber er bekommt schlechte Kritiken auf Amazon habe ich gesehen. Teuer ist er nicht, wäre also einen Versuch wert.

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #1,959 of 2,543

Reviews at Amazon are definitely not an indicator of sound quality.
MH1 are very good. But they have a bad cable(a divider that seems to push the cables after divider and earphones itself in different directions from the ears, non standart headset remote, etc).
All Sony MH models have a disgusting cable considering their sound quality.

Jan 31, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #1,960 of 2,543
Jan 31, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #1,961 of 2,543
Thanks, that's useful but I think the MH750s are the more fun of the two and I really liked how they sound. Do you know by chance a legit listing for that as well?
The 750‘s just sold under that name. Its always the same good old 750. 👍🏻 You will find several different offers on any phone-headset-names for it. This seems the cheapest and most trustable offer.
I like crinacle‘s listing:
https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/

Jan 31, 2021 at 9:46 PM Post #1,962 of 2,543
The 750‘s just sold under that name. Its always the same good old 750. 👍🏻 You will find several different offers on any phone-headset-names for it. This seems the cheapest and most trustable offer.
I like crinacle‘s listing:
https://crinacle.com/rankings/iems/

Right, I must have misread. Just grabbed one, thanks! Maybe I'll get the MH1C too. I like the white version but it's nowhere to be found...

Feb 1, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #1,963 of 2,543
Does anyone know of a reliable source for either 750 or 755 in the US (if anyone knows one let me know). Amazon is selling link I wonder if these are genuine?

How come no one has discussed the easier to find models:
Sony MDREX15AP ~10$
Sony MDREX155AP ~20$

Are they simply garbage or bad (perhaps they can be modded as well to improve them)? I had a very difficult time finding anything on them in the forums. Like many here I'm looking for some inexpensive iems but most of the recommended models on head-fi are hard to find

Feb 1, 2021 at 1:59 AM Post #1,964 of 2,543
Does anyone know of a reliable source for either 750 or 755 in the US (if anyone knows one let me know). Amazon is selling link I wonder if these are genuine?

How come no one has discussed the easier to find models:
Sony MDREX15AP ~10$
Sony MDREX155AP ~20$

Are they simply garbage or bad (perhaps they can be modded as well to improve them)? I had a very difficult time finding anything on them in the forums. Like many here I'm looking for some inexpensive iems but most of the recommended models on head-fi are hard to find
PM @Slater has stocks, lots of MH750s, hes also located in the US..

And regarding the Sony MDREX15AP & MDREX15AP which are fragile, parts are tightly glued together, thus difficult to mod, more expensive, lacking audio details of the lower priced MH750/755 series earphones, they pale in comparison and have been discussed within this thread many times and on the internet /reviews during the last few years.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back