Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Jan 8, 2019 at 4:03 PM Post #1,487 of 1,526
I JUST e-mailed Sony Mobile and made the request via chat too for them to PLEASE add Band 71 for us T-Mobile customers on the XZ4. If you have T-Mobile, I HIGHLY suggest doing the same!!!

E-mail: marketinginquiries@sonyusa.com

Site to make chat request: (Just choose XZ3 from drop-down menu and then clarify you are making the request for the XZ4)

You can copy and paste this as well if you like (I invite EVERYONE to do this for BEST reception!!!!!)

Subject: Request to Add Band 71/600 MHz to Upcoming Sony Xperia XZ4

Hi Sony Mobile,

I would like to make a formal request that you PLEASE add the Band 71/600 MHz radio band to the upcoming Xperia XZ4 phone when it's released. I have T-Mobile, and they have just activated & deployed this radio band all around the country, including my area, which is Chicagoland. Without it, my phone would not work as well as other competitor phones would that do already offer Band 71.

The U.S. XZ3 did NOT have Band 71, but it had all the rest of the T-Mobile bands, including VoLTE, of which I'm truly grateful for! But PLEASE PLEASE add Band 71/600 MHz capability to the XZ4 as I am very interested in buying it!! Doing so would show your U.S. customers that you truly DO care about us!

Thank You,

Your Name

Jan 11, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #1,488 of 1,526
https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/sony-mobile-interview-ces-2019/

I like this new head of development guy for Sony Mobile, Ishizuka, and that they plan on only releasing 2 flagships a year vs. 3 or 4. And to improve the camera too. The fact that he made the camera department so successful is a BIG plus!

Sounds like the Compact line is done-so though Aertus. lol

Thoughts??

Jan 13, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #1,489 of 1,526
Does anyone have an XZ1 Compact, and use it for music [with earbuds/IEMs], unamplified? Can anyone say if it would be an upgrade, a downgrade, or neither from a FiiO M3[K]? I'm interested in getting the XZ1C so I won't have to carry around separate devices for music-listening purposes.

Hoping for a quick response. :)

Jan 13, 2019 at 12:35 PM Post #1,490 of 1,526
Does anyone have an XZ1 Compact, and use it for music [with earbuds/IEMs], unamplified? Can anyone say if it would be an upgrade, a downgrade, or neither from a FiiO M3[K]? I'm interested in getting the XZ1C so I won't have to carry around separate devices for music-listening purposes.

Hoping for a quick response. :)

I've never had any Xperia Compact phones, but I know they all don't have the strongest amps on them. However, since you're using IEMs, which normally have low impedances anyway, you should be fine with the XZ1 Compact's amp.

What impedance is your IEM? Or just give me the full make & model and I can look it and the sensitivity up.

Jan 13, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #1,491 of 1,526
I've never had any Xperia Compact phones, but I know they all don't have the strongest amps on them. However, since you're using IEMs, which normally have low impedances anyway, you should be fine with the XZ1 Compact's amp.

What impedance is your IEM? Or just give me the full make & model and I can look it and the sensitivity up.

I'm planning to use either a KZ ZST or HiSenior B5+ on it.

Jan 14, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #1,493 of 1,526
Ok the KZ ZST is rated at 18 ohms and 120 dB sensitivity. The HiSenior B5+, not sure.

For sure the XZ1 Compact will be fine for the ZST. I would be surprised if you couldn't get it loud enough.

According to the Aliexpress page of HiSenior, it's 20 ohms, so maybe it's fairly easy to drive.

Thanks for the answer! Will try to get a cheap second hand one to replace my Oppo F7. The F7's audio out is not too good for me and it's too big. Keeps killing whatever earphones I use with it (I put my phone in my pocket while playing music).

Jan 14, 2019 at 11:49 AM Post #1,494 of 1,526
According to the Aliexpress page of HiSenior, it's 20 ohms, so maybe it's fairly easy to drive.

Thanks for the answer! Will try to get a cheap second hand one to replace my Oppo F7. The F7's audio out is not too good for me and it's too big. Keeps killing whatever earphones I use with it (I put my phone in my pocket while playing music).

Yeah 20 ohms and if the sensitivity is above 100 dBs, then yes, same thing.

You're welcome!!

I C. Yeah go for a smaller phone I guess. That's becoming harder and harder to do as the trend keeps following "bigger is better". The F7 is 19:9 (body ratio), so I'd think that was small enough for you as the newer ratios (vs. the older 16:9 ones) make the phones look smaller with more screen, but I guess not when putting it in your pocket? lol What sux is Sony just announced they are APPARENTLY ending the Compact line of phones, so yeah. I don't think there will be any new ones in 2019. But with the XZ4 being 21:9, which will make it look more like a remote control than a typical smartphone (think remote controls lol), it should be better. Though not sure how your pockets will feel about that? LOL

https://www.xda-developers.com/sony-xperia-xz4-compact-cancelled/

https://www.androidauthority.com/sony-axe-xperia-compact-942849/

But one great thing about 21:9 is NO MORE black bars on the sides when watching moves & videos in landscape. 21:9 is the ORIGINAL screen ratio used for movies, so that may be something to keep in mind as well for the future. Sony will be THE FIRST phone maker to release a 21:9 phone, so hopefully it goes over well and others start doing it too. I for one support it because who the F wants black bars on the sides of their movies and vids?? Not me! lol

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2019 at 2:44 PM Post #1,495 of 1,526
I JUST e-mailed Sony Mobile and made the request via chat too for them to PLEASE add Band 71 for us T-Mobile customers on the XZ4. If you have T-Mobile, I HIGHLY suggest doing the same!!!

E-mail: marketinginquiries@sonyusa.com

Site to make chat request: (Just choose XZ3 from drop-down menu and then clarify you are making the request for the XZ4)

You can copy and paste this as well if you like (I invite EVERYONE to do this for BEST reception!!!!!)

Subject: Request to Add Band 71/600 MHz to Upcoming Sony Xperia XZ4

Hi Sony Mobile,

I would like to make a formal request that you PLEASE add the Band 71/600 MHz radio band to the upcoming Xperia XZ4 phone when it's released. I have T-Mobile, and they have just activated & deployed this radio band all around the country, including my area, which is Chicagoland. Without it, my phone would not work as well as other competitor phones would that do already offer Band 71.

The U.S. XZ3 did NOT have Band 71, but it had all the rest of the T-Mobile bands, including VoLTE, of which I'm truly grateful for! But PLEASE PLEASE add Band 71/600 MHz capability to the XZ4 as I am very interested in buying it!! Doing so would show your U.S. customers that you truly DO care about us!

Thank You,

Your Name
one of my main issues with the xz4 right now based on the leaked renders is why did sony design such a tall phone. it looks like a remote controller more than a phone. If Sony messes up the design of the phone that badly i have no hope for sony mobile anymore. Internal design layout also needs to be better the phone cant be so much bigger than the competition. Note 9 has a 4000mah battery if they get less than that and a much bigger phone thats bad though i know Sony has good optimization on its battery life still.

even though the xz3 wasnt a bad phone it didnt sell cuz no marketing. if the xz4 is good and doesnt sell cuz of marketing then nothing changed. Would be even worse but im not really feeling that ultra tall display ratio.

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #1,496 of 1,526
one of my main issues with the xz4 right now based on the leaked renders is why did sony design such a tall phone. it looks like a remote controller more than a phone. If Sony messes up the design of the phone that badly i have no hope for sony mobile anymore. Internal design layout also needs to be better the phone cant be so much bigger than the competition. Note 9 has a 4000mah battery if they get less than that and a much bigger phone thats bad though i know Sony has good optimization on its battery life still.

even though the xz3 wasnt a bad phone it didnt sell cuz no marketing. if the xz4 is good and doesnt sell cuz of marketing then nothing changed. Would be even worse but im not really feeling that ultra tall display ratio.

I actually kinda like it. lol It's a PLUS that 21:9 will equate to NO black bars on the sides anymore when watching movies, videos, etc., as the NATIVE screen rations used for making movies actually IS 21:9.

Yeah I hope they do AT LEAST 4000 mAh, but I'm thinking it will prob be 3700-3900. The XZ3's 3300, but it STILL got a 90 hour battery life rating by GSM Arena, who I trust over the rest as their testing method seems more realistic to me.

Yep........no marketing, but also as I'd mentioned before, its camera was like 2 steps BEHIND the XZ2 Premium's. The XZ4 however I believe will be more like the XZ2 Premium's but I'm hoping with improved software PLUSSSSSSS it will have OIS FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! lol Yeah man, I REALLY hope they market this d*mn phone here in the U.S. FOR REAL...........not just posting ads on YouTube that ONLY people who were interested in the phone beforehand are gonna look at. lol We'll see how it goes...............................

Jan 29, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #1,497 of 1,526
I actually kinda like it. lol It's a PLUS that 21:9 will equate to NO black bars on the sides anymore when watching movies, videos, etc., as the NATIVE screen rations used for making movies actually IS 21:9.

Yeah I hope they do AT LEAST 4000 mAh, but I'm thinking it will prob be 3700-3900. The XZ3's 3300, but it STILL got a 90 hour battery life rating by GSM Arena, who I trust over the rest as their testing method seems more realistic to me.

Yep........no marketing, but also as I'd mentioned before, its camera was like 2 steps BEHIND the XZ2 Premium's. The XZ4 however I believe will be more like the XZ2 Premium's but I'm hoping with improved software PLUSSSSSSS it will have OIS FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! lol Yeah man, I REALLY hope they market this d*mn phone here in the U.S. FOR REAL...........not just posting ads on YouTube that ONLY people who were interested in the phone beforehand are gonna look at. lol We'll see how it goes...............................
technology wise it might be one of the best phones on the market especially if the camera prowess surpasses even xz2 it will be a beats of a phone.

however, i think the design is kinda dumb. I have a feeling that every single reviewer is gonna point out how its abnormally tall. its not even a 19:9 ratio but a ridicuilous 21:9. It will look downright stupid althught i could be proven wrong.

again two steps foward one step back. They just need to get a great designer and design something amazing. I dont doubt sony on technology. Looks like im gonna hold on to my xz1 for a while.

Jan 29, 2019 at 5:37 PM Post #1,498 of 1,526
technology wise it might be one of the best phones on the market especially if the camera prowess surpasses even xz2 it will be a beats of a phone.

however, i think the design is kinda dumb. I have a feeling that every single reviewer is gonna point out how its abnormally tall. its not even a 19:9 ratio but a ridicuilous 21:9. It will look downright stupid althught i could be proven wrong.

again two steps foward one step back. They just need to get a great designer and design something amazing. I dont doubt sony on technology. Looks like im gonna hold on to my xz1 for a while.

Well I checked, and the XZ3 had the IMX 398 camera processor, while the XZ4 is supposed to have 2, one of which is like a 600-level one, and other I think is 500-level. If you include software improvements, which I'm willing to bet will be present, then yeah, it should be even better than the XZ2 Premium's, which will make me VERY happy cuz that was already a great camera!

Well let's hope this is one of those times when you're proven wrong then aertus. LOL! We'll find out in LESS than a month (2/25)!!

I'm hearing too now that they might actually call it the N1 instead of the XZ4, which would be they're way of presenting it as something new (prob cuz of the now CONFIRMED 21:9 screen ratio) vs. a minor upgrade to the XZ3. This might also be the case b/c of it being the first to feature a triple-lens camera setup, as well as a major upgrade to the sensors themselves.

Well you previously said you weren't too happy with the 2018 Xperia flagship design changes, so hopefully this one will win you over. Sometimes I think I won't like something until I try it out, then my mind changes. The fact that it will display movies and certain videos in WITHOUT black bars included to me is a clear draw. I don't watch movies on my phone, but I know many ppl do, but I do watch videos somewhat often on it.

Jan 30, 2019 at 1:35 PM Post #1,500 of 1,526

Pretty fair review. The camera is good but not great.

Tomorrow he will post one of the XZ3 vs. the Mate 20 Pro. Def gonna watch that too.

from the looks of it from camera phone is great just not as good as huawei in low light. but it doesnt mean its bad. If you want to the absolute cutting edge best of low light and good light then yeah its not the best. ALL reviewers seem to agree the xz3 has one of the best displays on the market next to the note 8. so thats a big plus in itself

I will reserve opinions on xz4 the only thing im kind excited is the camera technology on that phone as Sony is really taking it seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back