Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Nov 18, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #1,457 of 1,526
6T with GCam compared to which phone?

The 6T camera with GCam is really good, including the Night Mode on it. But yeah it won't compare with what the P20 Pro and especially Mate 20 Pro can do.

I think the 6T is a fantastic phone, especially for the price. 1) The screen is closer to 1080p vs. my V30's 2K screen (both OLED), but somehow everything looks better on the 6T! 2) Awesome design and handling (rounded edges) 3) Very fast! 4) Love the Dash charger, which outdoes Quick Charge 3.0 and doesn't let any heat get to your phone and wear down the battery 4) Oxygen OS is fantastic 5) Battery life is very strong.........same as XZ3's (90 hours, per GSM Arena) 6) It has some great extra options on there like Auto Answer Calls (like Sony), etc.

Well it's both. The 6T has OP's camera, but the software is GCam which again just the Pixel 3's camera software app ported over to OP.

Yeah thanks! I like the pics too. Def better than using stock.

That would ROCK to have a body like that that doesn't need a case! Only thing is, is it slippery? My one friend has the Essential phone, which has a ceramic body, but he STILL uses a case for it b/c it's slippery to hold he said. lol

So you would prefer Sony used Sharp's OLED panels vs. JDI's??

I dunno man. Sony Mobile doesn't seem like they're playing with a full deck. lol

Oh dude, Face Unlock on the 6T (and also P20 Pro & Mate 20 Pro I should add) is RIDICULOUSLY fast!! I love it. It's my preferred way to unlock the phone for sure. It usually works before the FS can! lol They use a 3D "dot" scan method (similar to Apple's), and it unlocks INSTANTLY, EVEN in the dark! lol For the dark unlocks, it very quickly lights up the display with some "white light" so it can illuminate your face just long enough to scan it. Of course I still use FS, esp for apps that require it to log in like my banking, investing, etc ones.

@RockStar2005 how is the audio quality via headphone Dongle provided in the box ?

@aertus @Dobrescu George

Well OnePlus is like jack of all trades but king of none. With OnePlus you get great software support and Oxygen is getting better and better. Infact Their Oxygen ui is one of the key selling points.
With Huawei their is problem, the emui os ram management is too aggressive. Too aggressive that it won't allow to play 3rd party players like UAPP or Hiby or Onkyo HF player when the screen is turned off and when you are using a dac. Regarding external dac even i heard P20 didn't support some dacs like Hidizs Sonata HD2 dongle like one. Camera however os great on Mate 20 pro. Have a look. This guy explains very much about camera

yeah oxygen OS is the strong point of Oneplus people say its the best software because its stock but has useful features like the gestures you can use when the screen is turned off to turn something on. ITs pretty innovative. outside of that and price though and it doesn't have much else though it keeps getting better and better as an overall phone we might see something unprecedented in that it catches up to the big boys.

rockstar@ no its not slippery because its not ceramic. its carbon fibre back so its really grippy. its pretty strong phone from the looks of it and has overall good specs. Im not sure if i would prefer sharp oled over JDi the point is not which i prefer the point is JDI is suuuuper slow with everything and they are failing and losing money. Their innovations didn't come fast enough. Where as Sharp is already producing OLED panels for its own phones already so its already ahead of JDI.

android 9 just hit my phone but i have not upgraded. Im hearing there is lots of bugs everywhere so im waiting.

edit: btw rockstar i forgot to mention something. Sony doesn't use optical image stabilization but it does use a form of mechanical stabilization so its not purely software. Sony opts for Sensor shift stabilization which as you might guess from the name shifts the sensor itself instead of the lens this means you don't have to use optical image stabilization on the lens. im not sure what the advantage of this is but it would explain why Sonys low light isn't that bad despite people assuming it has no image stabilization,.

Last edited:
Nov 18, 2018 at 1:58 PM Post #1,458 of 1,526
yeah oxygen OS is the strong point of Oneplus people say its the best software because its stock but has useful features like the gestures you can use when the screen is turned off to turn something on. ITs pretty innovative. outside of that and price though and it doesn't have much else though it keeps getting better and better as an overall phone we might see something unprecedented in that it catches up to the big boys.

rockstar@ no its not slippery because its not ceramic. its carbon fibre back so its really grippy. its pretty strong phone from the looks of it and has overall good specs. Im not sure if i would prefer sharp oled over JDi the point is not which i prefer the point is JDI is suuuuper slow with everything and they are failing and losing money. Their innovations didn't come fast enough. Where as Sharp is already producing OLED panels for its own phones already so its already ahead of JDI.

android 9 just hit my phone but i have not upgraded. Im hearing there is lots of bugs everywhere so im waiting.

edit: btw rockstar i forgot to mention something. Sony doesn't use optical image stabilization but it does use a form of mechanical stabilization so its not purely software. Sony opts for Sensor shift stabilization which as you might guess from the name shifts the sensor itself instead of the lens this means you don't have to use optical image stabilization on the lens. im not sure what the advantage of this is but it would explain why Sonys low light isn't that bad despite people assuming it has no image stabilization,.

Yeah I love Oxygen OS! Very cool!

Yeah hopefully Sharp will pull ahead.

Hmm ok. My 6T came with 9 out of the box. I've had no issues yet that I've noticed.

Yeah Sony uses EIS. But F that. ALL their competitors use OIS and to me it just seems superior. So I'm tired of Sony Mobile not including it. But then they randomly include it on the SELFIE cam of the XA2 Ultra?!! What is that weird a$$ crap about??! lol It's not even a flagship phone.

Nov 19, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #1,459 of 1,526
Hi, does anyone know of any good Sony WH-1000XMK2 earpad replacements? Apart from a couple of no-name branded stuff on eBay, I can't really see anything. Do Brainwavz earpads fit do you know? Hopefully, someone can help me out as the earpads are the only thing I hate about the headphones.

Nov 19, 2018 at 9:46 PM Post #1,460 of 1,526
Hi, does anyone know of any good Sony WH-1000XMK2 earpad replacements? Apart from a couple of no-name branded stuff on eBay, I can't really see anything. Do Brainwavz earpads fit do you know? Hopefully, someone can help me out as the earpads are the only thing I hate about the headphones.

Not sure syar. But I can tell you that you should look at both Brainwavz and Dekoni as they are my favorite ear pad brands! Check Amazon for those.

There's also Vesper Audio, which does CUSTOM-MADE pads too. Cost a bit more, but I've heard and seen (in pics) really GREAT work! Although not listed, they also can make pads from sheepskin leather, which is my go-to for ear pads. Just go to their site and contact them and they will work with you.

Maybe just try the first 2 companies first, and leave Vesper Audio as a backup plan if nothing pans out.

Hope this helps!!

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #1,461 of 1,526
Yeah I love Oxygen OS! Very cool!

Yeah hopefully Sharp will pull ahead.

Hmm ok. My 6T came with 9 out of the box. I've had no issues yet that I've noticed.

Yeah Sony uses EIS. But F that. ALL their competitors use OIS and to me it just seems superior. So I'm tired of Sony Mobile not including it. But then they randomly include it on the SELFIE cam of the XA2 Ultra?!! What is that weird a$$ crap about??! lol It's not even a flagship phone.
no it doesnt just use EIS. It uses Sensor shift which is actually mechanical not electric. It literally shifts the sensor to compensate. Its basically the alternative technology to optical image stabilization. So instead of moving the glass it moves the sensor. I suppose each one of those has its own drawbacks and goodsides.

Nov 26, 2018 at 3:54 PM Post #1,462 of 1,526
no it doesnt just use EIS. It uses Sensor shift which is actually mechanical not electric. It literally shifts the sensor to compensate. Its basically the alternative technology to optical image stabilization. So instead of moving the glass it moves the sensor. I suppose each one of those has its own drawbacks and goodsides.

Interesting. But it just seems like OIS does the better job overall.

In other news..............I tried these out vs. my Beyer DT 1770 Pro over the summer. Beyers won, but DAMN!! M&J MJ2 was $483 USED, now $450 new. But this Massdrop is only $99! These were the only one of last 6 headphones I tried out with my custom EQ that sounded better with "Rock" EQ preset on Poweramp vs. my custom EQ. Very portable and nice design. You can get upgraded ear pads for them too from Vesper Audio ($99 for those pictured ones).

My buddy bought the Sony XM2s over Black Friday weekend for only $198. Awesome deal cuz normally $300. Deal is still going on. He loves 'em. lol Amazon sold out, but Best Buy still has 'em for that price (plus tax of course lol).

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:06 PM Post #1,464 of 1,526
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #1,465 of 1,526
Well next succesor of Vivo Nex... The Nex 2 is around i guess with another twist of dual displays. Am intrested in the audio and display part though

https://www.androidauthority.com/vivo-nex-2-929065/

https://www.gsmarena.com/vivo_nex_2_leak_secondary_screen_three_cameras-news-34393.php

https://www.igyaan.in/162199/vivo-nex-2-with-dual-screens/

Nice.

1) Where is the second display though? I don't see it.

2) Will it be available through carriers and/or have both Band 12 and 71 included AS WELL as T-Mobile VoLTE??

Nov 27, 2018 at 3:18 PM Post #1,466 of 1,526
gsmarena_003.jpg
Nice.

1) Where is the second display though? I don't see it.

2) Will it be available through carriers and/or have both Band 12 and 71 included AS WELL as T-Mobile VoLTE??

Second display is in the back. Regarding bandwidth i donno as it has not launched.
Attaching pic of only back area. Front you can see in above links

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #1,467 of 1,526

Second display is in the back. Regarding bandwidth i donno as it has not launched.
Attaching pic of only back area. Front you can see in above links

Oh crap! I didn't realize those were backside shots! How cool! lol

Thx for sharing!!

Ok. I dunno if I'd actually want a phone with a backside display, but it's still interesting nonetheless. lol

Nov 28, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #1,468 of 1,526
Interesting. But it just seems like OIS does the better job overall.

In other news..............I tried these out vs. my Beyer DT 1770 Pro over the summer. Beyers won, but DAMN!! M&J MJ2 was $483 USED, now $450 new. But this Massdrop is only $99! These were the only one of last 6 headphones I tried out with my custom EQ that sounded better with "Rock" EQ preset on Poweramp vs. my custom EQ. Very portable and nice design. You can get upgraded ear pads for them too from Vesper Audio ($99 for those pictured ones).

My buddy bought the Sony XM2s over Black Friday weekend for only $198. Awesome deal cuz normally $300. Deal is still going on. He loves 'em. lol Amazon sold out, but Best Buy still has 'em for that price (plus tax of course lol).
Sonyxm3 apparently have improved a lot on comfort and many reviewers have finally made the switch as they think its superior to bose now. I find it interesting how sony managed to beat another company with barely any marketing but simply word of mouth by making a good product. Thats what they need for mobile phones.

https://www.gsmarena.com/sony_xperi...le_camera_extra_tall_65_screen-news-34421.php

this is a big deal. Sony will use side fp scanner with thinner bezels than note 9 possibly. 4k oled with much improved design and higher battery size.

Sony also reportedly working on a new UI software called constellation that will look better and operate better than samsung on a daily basis.

Nov 28, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #1,469 of 1,526
Yeah man. It's great seeing them succeed and outdoing former champions as well!

Yeah that looks pretty interesting. As long as they don't backstep in the camera the way the XZ3 did. But TRIPLE lenses on the back doesn't SOUND like backstepping to me! lol And yeah, I can't help but be happy to hear they're bringing back the side FS, even if I DO love my 6T's on-screen sensor. lol If it's 4K too then why even wait for the XZ4 Premium?!

New UI too?!! I LIKE this!!!! :L3000::L3000: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back