Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Dec 5, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #1,473 of 1,526
Dec 7, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #1,474 of 1,526
https://www.slashgear.com/xperia-xz4-could-be-the-first-snapdragon-855-phone-05556909/

Bringing back the headphone jack after removing it?

Bringing BACK the side-mounted FS after removing it??

But MOST important...... OIS on a FLAGSHIP Xperia phone?!!!!!!

Thoughts?!! lol

Note that Ice Universe and EVLeaks are the two most credible leakers out there!
not to mention better and improved oled possibly 4k oled. also some say it might have 48mp camera.

yeah all of those things are a big deal for sure especially side FP scanner and headphone jack. THey figure Side FP is good enough until they can figure out how to make the entire display a FP scanner.

Dec 7, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #1,475 of 1,526
not to mention better and improved oled possibly 4k oled. also some say it might have 48mp camera.

yeah all of those things are a big deal for sure especially side FP scanner and headphone jack. THey figure Side FP is good enough until they can figure out how to make the entire display a FP scanner.

AKG Fanboy mentioned to me that the 855 still won't be able to display 4K in 18:9, despite what I thought earlier. So honestly, if the Z4 (or Z4 Premium) has all the "good stuff" mentioned in these recent posts, I'm PERFECTLY fine with it being QHD (aka 2.5K since 2K = 1080p), which is the norm these days. I DO NOT want it to be 16:9 again. F that! Just be 2K HDR like the XZ3 was with all the other good stuff, and I'm fine. Not even sure I will upgrade or not, but maybe. Maybe not. But I still want them to do it regardless in order to compete better.

Dec 7, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #1,476 of 1,526
AKG Fanboy mentioned to me that the 855 still won't be able to display 4K in 18:9, despite what I thought earlier. So honestly, if the Z4 (or Z4 Premium) has all the "good stuff" mentioned in these recent posts, I'm PERFECTLY fine with it being QHD (aka 2.5K since 2K = 1080p), which is the norm these days. I DO NOT want it to be 16:9 again. F that! Just be 2K HDR like the XZ3 was with all the other good stuff, and I'm fine. Not even sure I will upgrade or not, but maybe. Maybe not. But I still want them to do it regardless in order to compete better.
the 855 is a big jump in power though. its twice as fast. So if its not 4k 18:9 with 855 it would definitely be after that.

Yeah it does seem like sony is litenening.

did you see the renders for the samsung s10. what are your thoughts on the dual cam holes and the overall design?

Dec 7, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #1,477 of 1,526
the 855 is a big jump in power though. its twice as fast. So if its not 4k 18:9 with 855 it would definitely be after that.

Yeah it does seem like sony is litenening.

did you see the renders for the samsung s10. what are your thoughts on the dual cam holes and the overall design?

Yeah I'm sure after it prob will be. Yes I've heard the 855 is gonna be a big deal in terms of advancement vs. the usual new Snapdragon chip. But also, the new XZ4 renders indicate a strong possibility that it will have a 21:9 body ratio, so I say just stick with QHD.

I really like everything Samsung is doing with regards to the S10 renders and even their recent phones. The cam holes look cool. Their phones look more premium, the new One UI is an improvement over TouchWiz, great displays, etc. I still think their pics come out a bit oversaturated though, which is one reason I'm not sure I wanna get the S10+ over Sony, Huawei, etc. We'll see I guess.

Dec 10, 2018 at 2:51 PM Post #1,478 of 1,526
Yeah I'm sure after it prob will be. Yes I've heard the 855 is gonna be a big deal in terms of advancement vs. the usual new Snapdragon chip. But also, the new XZ4 renders indicate a strong possibility that it will have a 21:9 body ratio, so I say just stick with QHD.

I really like everything Samsung is doing with regards to the S10 renders and even their recent phones. The cam holes look cool. Their phones look more premium, the new One UI is an improvement over TouchWiz, great displays, etc. I still think their pics come out a bit oversaturated though, which is one reason I'm not sure I wanna get the S10+ over Sony, Huawei, etc. We'll see I guess.
either way i like the return of the headphone jack and side FP scanner and smaller bezels on top of that. if it has the rumored 48mp camera that'd be insane.

well now the rumors about the s10 have changed. It might have a pop up camera like that vivo phone that retracts and pops the camera when you need it. So its not entirely sure what the s10 would look like but from the renders it does seem to have a nice design.

but like most samsung products. they just have nice design but not so great real practical quality. LIke yes their washing machines look nice but i'd rather have a washing machine that works and lasts long LMAO

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:46 PM Post #1,479 of 1,526
either way i like the return of the headphone jack and side FP scanner and smaller bezels on top of that. if it has the rumored 48mp camera that'd be insane.

well now the rumors about the s10 have changed. It might have a pop up camera like that vivo phone that retracts and pops the camera when you need it. So its not entirely sure what the s10 would look like but from the renders it does seem to have a nice design.

but like most samsung products. they just have nice design but not so great real practical quality. LIke yes their washing machines look nice but i'd rather have a washing machine that works and lasts long LMAO

48 mp?!! LOL That's fine, as long as they keep doing that thing (that Huawei does too) where they have a high MP camera but the photos get downsized to like 10-12 MPs. I'm guessing that will be the case here??!

Yeah side FS and headphone jack are awesome, ESP side FS. lol

Who are the source of these rumors? Unless like EVLeaks says it or Ice Universe (or a reliable group like Anandtech, GSM Arena, etc), I wouldn't believe it. I think the pop-up camera thing is cool, but I get some ppl's reservations about it since that's just something else that could go bad, despite the high expected life of the motor.

lol yeah I've heard great things about their phones and TVs, but washing machines, not so much.

AKG Fanboy said he thinks XZ4 will be amazing, which is shocking but happy to hear. He is VERY excited about the 21:9 ratio, to the point where he might ACTUALLY consider it maybe. Or at least not rag on it. lol

I really hope they add Band 71 to it tooooooooooo!!! lol Come on Sony, keep goingggggggg!! XZ3 had VoLTE and Band 12, so if they add Band 71, I'll be happy! Though I can't find an app to confirm Band 71 being used. Last I checked when I had XZ3, LTE Discovery still doesn't have Band 71 listed as an option, only other bands including 12.

Dec 10, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #1,480 of 1,526
48 mp?!! LOL That's fine, as long as they keep doing that thing (that Huawei does too) where they have a high MP camera but the photos get downsized to like 10-12 MPs. I'm guessing that will be the case here??!

Yeah side FS and headphone jack are awesome, ESP side FS. lol

Who are the source of these rumors? Unless like EVLeaks says it or Ice Universe (or a reliable group like Anandtech, GSM Arena, etc), I wouldn't believe it. I think the pop-up camera thing is cool, but I get some ppl's reservations about it since that's just something else that could go bad, despite the high expected life of the motor.

lol yeah I've heard great things about their phones and TVs, but washing machines, not so much.

AKG Fanboy said he thinks XZ4 will be amazing, which is shocking but happy to hear. He is VERY excited about the 21:9 ratio, to the point where he might ACTUALLY consider it maybe. Or at least not rag on it. lol

I really hope they add Band 71 to it tooooooooooo!!! lol Come on Sony, keep goingggggggg!! XZ3 had VoLTE and Band 12, so if they add Band 71, I'll be happy! Though I can't find an app to confirm Band 71 being used. Last I checked when I had XZ3, LTE Discovery still doesn't have Band 71 listed as an option, only other bands including 12.
ah that sony hater lmfaoo. He has come around a lot hasn't he. The xz3 already improved a lot on Sony in mobiles its well reviewed by many tech reviewers the oled panel and overall phone is well received. We shall see.

The chinese have a 300 dollar phone called the pocophone. Its like the new oneplus apparently. Oneplus is taking everyone by storm it seems.

Dec 10, 2018 at 4:05 PM Post #1,481 of 1,526
ah that sony hater lmfaoo. He has come around a lot hasn't he. The xz3 already improved a lot on Sony in mobiles its well reviewed by many tech reviewers the oled panel and overall phone is well received. We shall see.

The chinese have a 300 dollar phone called the pocophone. Its like the new oneplus apparently. Oneplus is taking everyone by storm it seems.

Haha he's not really a Sony hater, he just hates it when ANY company does dumb crap. lol

I told him to come back on here but he won't.

Yeah it's gotten great reviews, but the camera............ppl who say it's great...........sorry, it's not. lol

Yeah I heard about Pocophone too. Yes they are. They are doing what Sony should be doing................marketing, giving great value (aka charging less not just for mid-rangers but the flagships too), carrier involvement, etc etc.

Dec 13, 2018 at 2:06 PM Post #1,485 of 1,526
http://www.xperiablog.net/2018/12/12/sony-mobile-cuts-a-quarter-of-its-workforce-in-lund-sweden/

That sux. They should be investing and marketing more, not cost cutting. #EndTheStupidity!! lol

Wait Aertus, I thought this year was Xperia's 10 Year Anniversary. But this article says it's next year?!

https://www.gizchina.com/2018/12/12/sony-xperia-xz4-leaked-in-new-render/
yes very idiotic move by sony. are they gonna end up like HTC?

The xz4 seems like the real deal. all around good things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back