Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Jun 3, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #736 of 1,526
You're just an angry kid who cannot debate, accept facts, nor admit fault. Get out of here if you can't debate properly and choose to start an insult war instead
You have reading comprehension problems and stubbornly defend whatever the hell you're in love with, try reading and then comprehending before typing
yeah just repeat what i said.

its funny because thats exactly what you're doing. I didn't resort to insults. I broke down the argument for you and now you have nothing to say because you know your arguments suck lol.

I don't understand why anyone would take what you say anything serious, especially anything equipment recommendation related. Stick to your cheap stuff.

Jun 3, 2017 at 8:29 PM Post #737 of 1,526
yeah just repeat what i said.

its funny because thats exactly what you're doing. I didn't resort to insults. I broke down the argument for you and now you have nothing to say because you know your arguments suck lol.

I don't understand why anyone would take what you say anything serious, especially anything equipment recommendation related. Stick to your cheap stuff.
I debunked all of your arguments, and instead of admitting it, you changed your view every single time. And since you had nothing else to say after that, you start to blame even more and play the victim game by accusing me of "straw maning" when actual debating involves getting a subject. STICKING TO IT, and then proving it right or wrong which you completely fail. All I see you do is blame and become desperate to avoid any kind of fault. Basic criticism of any subject whether it be you or another manufacturer is the end of the world to you, you cannot take any kind of criticism because both you and sony are perfect and can never be wrong, everybody copied sony, sony was always first (even though I proved that wrong but you ignore it... "worlds first waterproof phone"), and whether sony does native 4k or not, sony's choice will always be the superior approach (as you have shown by changing viewpoints 3 times back and forth), and you cannot ever be wrong. And apparently anyone who disagrees with you is always wrong, and suck. Very immature child has a lot to learn, using big boy words like fallacy mean nothing when you can't even use them correctly..

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2017 at 1:12 AM Post #738 of 1,526
oh look you just resorted to straw man argument again. I never said any of those things I simply said that Sony has more experience with water resistance which is actually a true statement, no? you're the one incapable of reading an argument and learning to respond to it properly without going full retard about something unrelated. Sony has more experience and so do Japanese in general because they were the first to come up with it and the ones who made it standard in their market. You can argue with whatever but this is true. i didn't say sony is the first or whatver crap you're making up. Just that I trust Sony over samsung for water resistance. alright did you follow so far? Good. i dont know how to break it down any simpler but let me know.

Now onto the second point about the 4k. I said that switching to 4k only when needed is a clever method because it saves you battery which is why the resorted to this in the z5 premium. Now with the new 835 and possibly more effecient display they might not have to resort to this. And since technradar said that the xz premium is always on it could be that they don't need to do the previous method anymore to save battery life. For me absolutely makes no difference and would prefer to have it automated like the z5p to save more battery since I don't care for 4k ui. But since you actually care about this shouldn't that negate your bitching? And me, you , and Rockstar also assumed that the new XZ premium had it automated when it fact it doesnt. So thats why I brought it up. I simply quoted something I didn't make an assertion.

Now if you don't understand any of this idk what to tell you.

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:45 AM Post #739 of 1,526
ugh, playing victim, avoiding fault, and ignoring my statements, acting like you're frustrated when you clearly have comprehension issues.
RINSE AND REPEAT, this is how aertus "debates." No point in talking sense to someone so conceited and short sighted, you have no hope...

and for your information, straw maning never happened, you need to be checked out with a mental clinic or you are in complete denial, it's called PLAYING VICTIM instead of debating because you have nothing to say...

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 4:19 AM Post #740 of 1,526
Idk what to tell you dude go take an english class im wasting my time with you keep telling me to debate but I already gave you a rebuttal. Now you're just relying on ad hominem attack.

Jun 5, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #741 of 1,526
Idk what to tell you dude go take an english class im wasting my time with you keep telling me to debate but I already gave you a rebuttal. Now you're just relying on ad hominem attack.
I lay out your own words and apparently you can have no fault (again) and apparently it's an insult to say your accusations are false. What the hell ever, trying to use big boy words you don't understand to use correctly to compensate for your lack of knowledge then cowardly acting like the innocent one, trying to twist the view to your favor, major warning sign of a manipulative psychopath..... You wasted all my god damn time with my educated explanations you never took in and you act like you're the victim again, the narcissism is strong in this one. Basically all you've been saying can be summed down to: Woe is me, professional victim here

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2017 at 11:35 AM Post #742 of 1,526
Interesting review on this new A&K Kann DAP.

1) Interesting b/c of its "high compatibility" factor with other devices (read for more info)
2) akg fanboy will DEFINITELY like the review title lol
3) Though the price ($999) is pretty high, the fact that this reviewer states that the Kann can outdo players like the $3200 Sony Walkman says A LOT about Astell & Kern's design capabilities.

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #743 of 1,526
Interesting review on this new A&K Kann DAP.

1) Interesting b/c of its "high compatibility" factor with other devices (read for more info)
2) akg fanboy will DEFINITELY like the review title lol
3) Though the price ($999) is pretty high, the fact that this reviewer states that the Kann can outdo players like the $3200 Sony Walkman says A LOT about Astell & Kern's design capabilities.
it doesn't take much to make a music player that sounds good.... spending any money on a dedicated dap in 21st century was useless up until audio companies had to think of another way to market a useless product, it's better because it's a dedicated $1000 device for JUST MUSIC, but it must be good because it's priced sky high and it's dedicated right???? :zipper_mouth:
While the rest of the world moves on, audiophiles are so stuck up on going backwards and having a dedicated device for everything..... even going as far as to build a computer "dedicated to music listening":............. you literally need 1 player and that's called a decent phone unlike most audiophiles who buy cheapo $200 phones then spend $20000 on audio gear they will never be able to tell the difference on because it makes them feel better

Jun 8, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #745 of 1,526
Have you tried a high end dedicated DAP and amp/dac and compare it to something with a decent amp/dac such as the htc 10 or a $50-100 soundcard/schiit fulla 2 to say there is a benefit to these DAPs? Yeah we still need a dedicated computer for playing music, we need a dedicated bulky $1000 music player that ultimately has the same dac as the next one that costs $200 just to listen to some music because the .01% measurable difference is what makes the music true to our ears.... Moving forward is looking at technology and how people operated them in 2004 then comparing it to 2017. We no longer need vinyl players, souped up mp3s, etc

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #746 of 1,526
maybe the difference is bigger the more expensive your headphones are? i read a review that something like the z1r is extremely sensitive so maybe this DAP is better suited for that.

personally I would never spend that much for DAP thats ridiculous. the most i ever spend was buying the zune HD when ti first came out when everyoen was buying ipods. I'd spend 300 dollars max on a dap maybe less.

would rather spend that 3k on new headphoens or new speakers for my home.

Jun 9, 2017 at 12:43 AM Post #747 of 1,526
maybe the difference is bigger the more expensive your headphones are? i read a review that something like the z1r is extremely sensitive so maybe this DAP is better suited for that.

personally I would never spend that much for DAP thats ridiculous. the most i ever spend was buying the zune HD when ti first came out when everyoen was buying ipods. I'd spend 300 dollars max on a dap maybe less.

And what if I told you just about 100% of reviews on headfi are exaggerated in some way shape or form, some being larger offenders than others. Every headfi reviewer will tell you about how this expensive amp magically changed the sound of the headphone and "opened it up" and "unleashed the full potential" and all this nonsense BS, there are some who still claim an hd600 with a $10,000 amp is the best setup in the world. Basic logic, the numbers don't lie either, the difference between a high end and mid geared amp is pretty much inaudible in terms of improvements like "soundstage", "clarity" and all these descriptive words to bribe you into buying a product.
"what if the DAP upgrade has more upgrades than upgrading a headphone", this is the most untrue statement I can ever hear, the measurements don't lie and I have real experience with well equiped ears to prove it, if you have superior super sonic bat hearing senses that can hear things no other human can and you need to spend that extra money to get the "upgrade", then you probably aren't a human. Human ears have a hearing limit and anything below a dB is really inaudible for music listening

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #748 of 1,526

I used to own the Zune HD. I f'ing LOVED the Zune HD!!! It was tha BEST and super underrated! I mean, now I dunno if I'd love it as much, but feature-wise and use-wise it was the best EVER. It had internet (via Wi-Fi), games, music, HD Radio (the HD stood for something, NOT High Definition, but something else, but it got me underground radio stations which was f'ing AWESOME cuz it introduced me to AMAZING bands like Interpol, The National, Band of Horses, etc.), etc. The interface was PURE Windows, but in a good way.

Yeah $300 is great aertus b/c IMO and in my experience, that is the point of which you go from decent to GREAT audio quality.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2017 at 2:05 PM Post #749 of 1,526
And what if I told you just about 100% of reviews on headfi are exaggerated in some way shape or form, some being larger offenders than others. Every headfi reviewer will tell you about how this expensive amp magically changed the sound of the headphone and "opened it up" and "unleashed the full potential" and all this nonsense BS, there are some who still claim an hd600 with a $10,000 amp is the best setup in the world. Basic logic, the numbers don't lie either, the difference between a high end and mid geared amp is pretty much inaudible in terms of improvements like "soundstage", "clarity" and all these descriptive words to bribe you into buying a product.
"what if the DAP upgrade has more upgrades than upgrading a headphone", this is the most untrue statement I can ever hear, the measurements don't lie and I have real experience with well equiped ears to prove it, if you have superior super sonic bat hearing senses that can hear things no other human can and you need to spend that extra money to get the "upgrade", then you probably aren't a human. Human ears have a hearing limit and anything below a dB is really inaudible for music listening
honestly I don't even think most people have the money to indulge in this stuff. These kind of uber expensive, DAP, DAC/amps, and headphones are only indulged by people who way too much money and dont know what to do with so are easily fooled. The high end DAP are kind of cool too look at it, but no way its worth that much. like i said that 2-3k is better spend with speakers.

speakers are the only thing I'd understand would take a lot of money. Because a lot of technology goes into it and has more materials than say something like a dap. Its the only thing worth spending money over and even with speakers im not sure I'd wanna go over 2 thousand dollars.

I used to own the Zune HD. I f'ing LOVED the Zune HD!!! It was tha BEST and super underrated! I mean, now I dunno if I'd love it as much, but feature-wise and use-wise it was the best EVER. It had internet (via Wi-Fi), games, music, HD Radio (the HD stood for something, NOT High Definition, but something else, but it got me underground radio stations which was f'ing AWESOME cuz it introduced me to AMAZING bands like Interpol, The National, Band of Horses, etc.), etc. The interface was PURE Windows, but in a good way.

Yeah $300 is great aertus b/c IMO and in my experience, that is the point of which you go from decent to GREAT audio quality.

yup thats the only reasonable amount of money. 3 thousand dollar dap is for stupid people who make stupid amount of money. I would say that money is better spend on improving your home speaker system or buying all of the worlds best headphones unless you're buying utopias and sony z1r which is around the same price.

and people like yourself say there isn't even a difference with 300 dollar dap and say something like the HTC10. Which Im not surprised. my zune HD has better volume than my z3 but the quality is noticably better on the z3. its outdated dap though so can't compare.

but i really wonder why did DAP ever become such a huge thing and now have died out? nobody seems to buy them anymore. and phones were still a thing back when it came out.

Jun 9, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #750 of 1,526
honestly I don't even think most people have the money to indulge in this stuff. These kind of uber expensive, DAP, DAC/amps, and headphones are only indulged by people who way too much money and dont know what to do with so are easily fooled. The high end DAP are kind of cool too look at it, but no way its worth that much. like i said that 2-3k is better spend with speakers.

speakers are the only thing I'd understand would take a lot of money. Because a lot of technology goes into it and has more materials than say something like a dap. Its the only thing worth spending money over and even with speakers im not sure I'd wanna go over 2 thousand dollars.

yup thats the only reasonable amount of money. 3 thousand dollar dap is for stupid people who make stupid amount of money. I would say that money is better spend on improving your home speaker system or buying all of the worlds best headphones unless you're buying utopias and sony z1r which is around the same price.

and people like yourself say there isn't even a difference with 300 dollar dap and say something like the HTC10. Which Im not surprised. my zune HD has better volume than my z3 but the quality is noticably better on the z3. its outdated dap though so can't compare.

but i really wonder why did DAP ever become such a huge thing and now have died out? nobody seems to buy them anymore. and phones were still a thing back when it came out.

Well because the sound quality on a DAP was MUCH better than it was on phones. Then the Z3 and more importantly the LG V20 & HTC 10 came out and took things to a NEW level. So now the DAP isn't as important as before. But some ppl prefer to use a dedicated device. Just b/c I no longer do doesn't mean everyone thinks like me, so yeah. lol But I would say more ppl are like me and prefer to use their phone if they can. Fortunately with the 10, I can. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back