Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
May 24, 2017 at 12:22 AM Post #646 of 1,526
20170523_231718-1.jpg

May 24, 2017 at 12:27 AM Post #648 of 1,526
You bought it? Niiiiiiice!! lol
eh I was like why not, I can return it if I don't like it. I tried both lola and sadie as well, the bass is definitely emphasized but not bass head levels, soundstage was unimpressive. The hd598 was just as good as I last remembered, like a mini q701

May 24, 2017 at 12:36 AM Post #649 of 1,526
Nevermind, all my impressions have been flawed, I forgot I had a mid centric EQ on poweramp that cut down bass and treble....... well I just reset it to flat and the results aren't looking good. ANC on the satellite is rather disappointing, can't even tell the difference, probably only slightly useful in constant noise like the city or an airplane. And wow, the mids aren't good at all, bass is very dominant, soundstage isn't good

May 24, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #650 of 1,526
eh I was like why not, I can return it if I don't like it. I tried both lola and sadie as well, the bass is definitely emphasized but not bass head levels, soundstage was unimpressive. The hd598 was just as good as I last remembered, like a mini q701

Yes, you CAN return it! lol

Unimpressive? I thought the soundstage in the Lola was as wide as my old K550's was! lol

So you're saying there wasn't enough bass in both??

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #651 of 1,526
I take back what I said, if the sadie and lola had "emphasized bass" with my mid centric EQ setting, then imagine how much bass there would be if I had listened to it on the flat EQ...... And no wonder why the hd598 mids sounded so good lol.

And you know my soundstage expectations, I am a speaker user. The q701 is pretty much the bare minimum I would ever consider acceptable

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 12:41 AM Post #652 of 1,526
Nevermind, all my impressions have been flawed, I forgot I had a mid centric EQ on poweramp that cut down bass and treble....... well I just reset it to flat and the results aren't looking good. ANC on the satellite is rather disappointing, can't even tell the difference, probably only slightly useful in constant noise like the city or an airplane. And wow, the mids aren't good at all, bass is very dominant, soundstage isn't good

That sux man. The ANC is really THAT weak?!

Wow I thought I was disappointed in the U 11. This is worse! lol

May 24, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #654 of 1,526
I take back what I said, if the sadie and lola had "emphasized bass" with my mid centric EQ setting, then imagine how much bass there would be if I had listened to it on the flat EQ...... And no wonder why the hd598 mids sounded so good lol.

And you know my soundstage expectations, I am a speaker user. The q701 is pretty much the bare minimum I would ever consider acceptable

Wait, so the bass was good or not on Lola and Sadie? I'm confused. lol

May 24, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #656 of 1,526
Me thinking bass is emphasized with my EQ that cuts bass..... think about that for a sec.... if I thought the bass was emphasized even when I was CUTTING it, now imagine that combined without cut bass, that would be muddy fart cannon bass!

May 24, 2017 at 12:47 AM Post #657 of 1,526

yeah even my passive beyer dt1770 has better noise isolation tbh...... and the bass is way stronger than I would like, there is too much bass thump, not enough mids
yeah even my passive beyer dt1770 has better noise isolation tbh...... and the bass is way stronger than I would like, there is too much bass thump, not enough mids

That sux. I guess it's MDR-1000X ftw then! lol

May 24, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #659 of 1,526
Me thinking bass is emphasized with my EQ that cuts bass..... think about that for a sec.... if I thought the bass was emphasized even when I was CUTTING it, now imagine that combined without cut bass, that would be muddy fart cannon bass!

Ahhh......lol. Yeah Lola I dunno I loved the bass on it but my issue if you recall was not enough "sparkle" in the treble.

May 24, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #660 of 1,526
20 minutes in and that clamping force is really getting to me, plus the top of my head hurts now. I would still stick to bose if I wanted the best ANC but bose sucks and it's overpriced lol

I C. I wonder if the clamping issue gets better over time though?

Yeah exactly. Sorry but Sony ftUw win there! (U = Ultimate; yes I invented that thank you! lol)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back