Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Mar 29, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #526 of 1,526

Yeah it does look nicer.............. after they followed HTC and Sony's lead on getting rid of that antiquated Home button from 2007! ROFL

I told you they would remove the home button, it now has a haptic feedback like the iphone 7.
Now sony and htc have to follow samdung and lg by getting rid of those big nasty bezels LOL

Mar 29, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #527 of 1,526
I told you they would remove the home button, it now has a haptic feedback like the iphone 7.

Now sony and htc have to follow samdung and lg by getting rid of those big nasty bezels LOL

I'm pretty sure I already knew that, but anyway lol.

Yeah yeah lol. Well the renders of the 11 indicate that MIGHT be the case! I sure hope so.

Mar 29, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #528 of 1,526
I'm pretty sure I already knew that, but anyway lol.

Yeah yeah lol. Well the renders of the 11 indicate that MIGHT be the case! I sure hope so.

When the s8 rumors first started up, before the obvious leaks, I said that it's very likely samdung would move to on screen like they did with the galaxy view a long time ago. Nope, the htc 11 will have an edge to edge screen, kinda like the XA ultra, but the top and bottom bezels are still likely to be sony-esque, Basically massive, so 18:9 is a pipedream for this year for either sony or htc

Mar 29, 2017 at 6:08 PM Post #529 of 1,526
  When the s8 rumors first started up, before the obvious leaks, I said that it's very likely samdung would move to on screen like they did with the galaxy view a long time ago. Nope, the htc 11 will have an edge to edge screen, kinda like the XA ultra, but the top and bottom bezels are still likely to be sony-esque, Basically massive, so 18:9 is a pipedream for this year for either sony or htc

Yeah. I'd read rumors saying the same. 

Oh well lol............... I'm more than happy with the left & right sides being bezel-less. Not a big deal to me, but yeah down the line I'd prefer they went all the way with it. 

Sony only did that on the XA b/c of the fingerprint sensor. By having it embedded in the Power button, the other X phones can't be bezel-less on the sides, but the XA DIDN'T have a fingerprint sensor, they were able to take that approach. Samsung's fingerprint sensor on the S8/S8+ is on the back, and Power button on the side. So it's not an issue for them and why they got away with being so bezel-less lol, but I still prefer BOTH on the sides or front. F LG AND Samdung too! LOL

Oh well. So I guess that means no hope then of HTC 11 having a 5.5" screen and NOT being too much bigger than the 10?????! lol 

In other news.....................this is kinda cool. OF COURSE Samdung would be the first phone to get it though. OF COURSE! lol

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #531 of 1,526
  It happened with the G5 and every lg before that, stop acting like sony is a top seller when they've made no money from their xperias while lg remains in the top 5.
Why are you trying to act like sony has some magical innovation just planned up their sleeve just like every other year, no it happened before and it will happen again, it's just going to be a 2nd flagship refresh in ONE year like sony always does with NO changes at all. Sony already released their flagship and their flagship phablet so no, they have nothing new to show at ifa...... and even if they did, then you're just admitting sony lied and made no changes to their company that they promised and continue to release 2 useless phones with no changes every year 

even that andy rubin company has a million times more potential for ANY kind of innovation and sales than sony...........

"made no money" is not quite accurate. XZ was best selling late android.

Come on man why would the lgg6 compete once the 835 devices come out. and no quad dac outside asia. 
I'm not gonna deny the statements about sony because I can't really ague against that. Sony has not innovated. They've made a great phone the z2 (which was ahead of its time) and btw a still great phone, and simply applied the industrial method by making minor improvements ever since. But what company hasn't done that tbh? its how companies make profit its not unique to sony. Improvements from the s5 might seem like innovation but its not. everything during and after the s5 is Samsung doing catch up with the z2. Okay we have the s7 and it finally reaches sony level of features and premium materials. Okay good, even if a bit overhyped it still lacks in some areas that sony phones are better in and that htc10 is also better in. Im sorry i'd take xz and htc over s7. or even oneplus.

okay now we have the s8 that might actually bring some real heat to other smartphones. but what I don't get is that nothing about this phone is innovative either. you're so amazed about the near bezeless display but do I need to remind you samsung is not the first to do this? Do i need to remind you japanese phones have been doing this way before? Sharp phones have been like that and the recent Xiomi Mix 2 has an even more impressive design than this phone. I don't think I need to remind you you know this. 

Sorry...but outside of this new cool design there is really nothing innovative about this phone. And also gotta laugh at the fingerprint scanner http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_knows_how_bad_the_position_of_the_fingerprint_scanner_is_on_the_s8_and_s8-blog-24269.php

Mar 29, 2017 at 9:46 PM Post #532 of 1,526

Come on man why would the lgg6 compete once the 835 devices come out. and no quad dac outside asia. 
I'm not gonna deny the statements about sony because I can't really ague against that. Sony has not innovated. They've made a great phone the z2 (which was ahead of its time) and btw a still great phone, and simply applied the industrial method by making minor improvements ever since. But what company hasn't done that tbh? its how companies make profit its not unique to sony. Improvements from the s5 might seem like innovation but its not. everything during and after the s5 is Samsung doing catch up with the z2. Okay we have the s7 and it finally reaches sony level of features and premium materials. Okay good, even if a bit overhyped it still lacks in some areas that sony phones are better in and that htc10 is also better in. Im sorry i'd take xz and htc over s7. or even oneplus.

okay now we have the s8 that might actually bring some real heat to other smartphones. but what I don't get is that nothing about this phone is innovative either. you're so amazed about the near bezeless display but do I need to remind you samsung is not the first to do this? Do i need to remind you japanese phones have been doing this way before? Sharp phones have been like that and the recent Xiomi Mix 2 has an even more impressive design than this phone. I don't think I need to remind you you know this. 

Sorry...but outside of this new cool design there is really nothing innovative about this phone. And also gotta laugh at the fingerprint scanner http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_knows_how_bad_the_position_of_the_fingerprint_scanner_is_on_the_s8_and_s8-blog-24269.php

I'll agree on taking XZ or HTC over S7 lol............

and also about that fingerprint scanner on the S8. It SHOULD say "Clean that lens, B*TCH!" lol

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:23 PM Post #533 of 1,526

" but do I need to remind you samsung is not the first to do this? Do i need to remind you japanese phones have been doing this way before?"

nope, the chinese have done it first, the japanese concepts were just 1 sided failures with a giant chin, kind of like the dell tablet. Same with sony, edge to edge display on their XA ultra but GIGANTIC top and bottom bezels. The first phone to truly do the edge to edge was a chinese company called zte anyways. And I'm not "amazed" by the lack of bezels, I'm not saying it's innovation no one ever thought of because it ISN'T innovative, it's a game changer though. THAT is WHY it matters. I've dreamt of this kinda schiit for years, so DUNU why you think I'm calling it innovation. The 18.5:9 aspect ratio is a real game changer and eliminates the need for a nav bar that takes up space, makes gaming more immersive, split screen actually makes sense now, it's ergonomic for our hands, and movies now have less black bars. Easily one of the most game changing features smartphones needed to stop being so dull, and don't act like I'm praising samdung, I've actually been following sony phones very closely since the original c5 ultra with the edge to edge screen, sony got dull and boring so I stopped following them, kind of like how I stopped following samdung after the s5 onward. 
Don't spew your ignorant bullschiit about xiamoi being more "innovative" and all this nonsense, a company ruled by your opinions wouldn't sell phones, just telling the truth. The xiaomi mix was a failure because the screen was large but the 17:9 aspect ratio was too wide, the price was sky high, availability was low, no google play services, no updates from xiaomi, the speaker was heavily compromised, lcd panel with no hdr, camera that isn't as competitive. The list goes on, basically the xiaomi phone was super cool when it first came out but not so much anymore. That extra 1-2mm on the top bezel mean nothing when the samdung is superior in every other way, has smaller bottom and side bezels, and makes a lot more sense. Stop acting like I claimed it was innovation, the only person who EVER said that word was YOU, and for a company as schiity as sony, you have no room to talk

The fingerprint placement actually makes a lot of sense, if you're right handed and hold your phone, your index finger naturally rests in that position, don't tell me the whole bullschiit "my index is in the middle of the back", no it's not and I can guarantee you would have finger cramps if that's how you held your phone, your wrist doesn't go directly on the bottom of the phone, that's not how the human hand is shaped, simple fact. Yes people will smudge the lenses a lot, but it is still more ergonomic than the middle, don't deny a fact you can't prove otherwise

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #534 of 1,526

I hope HTC gets it and not LG. lol

And who the F are TCL and Coolpad?? lol

I don't want htc, because htc means front facing mono speaker again, big bezels, and no 18:9 display. Basically a pixel with an 835, and it wouldn't have htc 11's side bezel gestures either since that is part of the sense ui, and htc wouldn't want to jeopardize their own 11 sales. Right when we were going the right direction with FRONT FACING STEREO from motorola and huawei, htc had to ruin it.

Coolpad makes budget phones so it would make sense if google wanted a low price pixel. TCL is the brand that makes alcatel smartphones, and since blackberry stopped manufacturing smartphones, they license phones from TCL, all blackberries that run android are either alcatels with blackberry software or a custom contract TCL built phone. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #535 of 1,526
I don't want htc, because htc means front facing mono speaker again, big bezels, and no 18:9 display. Basically a pixel with an 835, and it wouldn't have htc 11's side bezel gestures either since that is part of the sense ui, and htc wouldn't want to jeopardize their own 11 sales. Right when we were going the right direction with FRONT FACING STEREO from motorola and huawei, htc had to ruin it.

Coolpad makes budget phones so it would make sense if google wanted a low price pixel. TCL is the brand that makes alcatel smartphones, and since blackberry stopped manufacturing smartphones, they license phones from TCL, all blackberries that run android are either alcatels with blackberry software or a custom contract TCL built phone. 

How do you know that wasn't Google's idea? lol From what I'd read, the design was Google's and not HTC's.

HTC could use the money and recognition. The Pixel 3 prob will come out in the fall, months after HTC's flagship will have been out.

Mar 30, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #536 of 1,526
How do you know that wasn't Google's idea? lol From what I'd read, the design was Google's and not HTC's.

HTC could use the money and recognition. The Pixel 3 prob will come out in the fall, months after HTC's flagship will have been out.

Google didn't "design it", all they did was the internal design like circuit board parts, the exterior chasis is 100% htc, google tried to hide that but it later came out as false, they are just trying so hard to pride themselves in the pixel "100% google" nonsense

and even if your claim was somehow true, then htc is basically doing nothing, and htc gets no credit either because it's a pixel "100% google" with no htc mention at all so DUNU how you think that's gonna help them. Maybe if it was a nexus but that's dead

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:32 AM Post #537 of 1,526
Google didn't "design it", all they did was the internal design like circuit board parts, the exterior chasis is 100% htc, google tried to hide that but it later came out as false, they are just trying so hard to pride themselves in the pixel "100% google" nonsense

and even if your claim was somehow true, then htc is basically doing nothing, and htc gets no credit either because it's a pixel "100% google" with no htc mention at all so DUNU how you think that's gonna help them. Maybe if it was a nexus but that's dead

Yeah Google tried but it still came out.

I DUNU. They still get money for building it? Anyway whatever. lol

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:35 AM Post #538 of 1,526
Yeah Google tried but it still came out.

I DUNU. They still get money for building it? Anyway whatever. lol

Google is STILL having trouble getting it in stock near Q2 2017........ google really needs to keep their game up, it's like they only order 100 units at a time..... I know this isn't htc's fault 

Hey you started to say DUNU too LOL

Mar 30, 2017 at 1:41 AM Post #539 of 1,526
Google is STILL having trouble getting it in stock near Q2 2017........ google really needs to keep their game up, it's like they only order 100 units at a time..... I know this isn't htc's fault 

Hey you started to say DUNU too LOL

Sounds like Google is playing by the NES "Guide to Idiocy & Bad Sales Tactics" book.

Yeah just this one time anyway lolol

Mar 30, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #540 of 1,526
  " but do I need to remind you samsung is not the first to do this? Do i need to remind you japanese phones have been doing this way before?"

nope, the chinese have done it first, the japanese concepts were just 1 sided failures with a giant chin, kind of like the dell tablet. Same with sony, edge to edge display on their XA ultra but GIGANTIC top and bottom bezels. The first phone to truly do the edge to edge was a chinese company called zte anyways. And I'm not "amazed" by the lack of bezels, I'm not saying it's innovation no one ever thought of because it ISN'T innovative, it's a game changer though. THAT is WHY it matters. I've dreamt of this kinda schiit for years, so DUNU why you think I'm calling it innovation. The 18.5:9 aspect ratio is a real game changer and eliminates the need for a nav bar that takes up space, makes gaming more immersive, split screen actually makes sense now, it's ergonomic for our hands, and movies now have less black bars. Easily one of the most game changing features smartphones needed to stop being so dull, and don't act like I'm praising samdung, I've actually been following sony phones very closely since the original c5 ultra with the edge to edge screen, sony got dull and boring so I stopped following them, kind of like how I stopped following samdung after the s5 onward. 
Don't spew your ignorant bullschiit about xiamoi being more "innovative" and all this nonsense, a company ruled by your opinions wouldn't sell phones, just telling the truth. The xiaomi mix was a failure because the screen was large but the 17:9 aspect ratio was too wide, the price was sky high, availability was low, no google play services, no updates from xiaomi, the speaker was heavily compromised, lcd panel with no hdr, camera that isn't as competitive. The list goes on, basically the xiaomi phone was super cool when it first came out but not so much anymore. That extra 1-2mm on the top bezel mean nothing when the samdung is superior in every other way, has smaller bottom and side bezels, and makes a lot more sense. Stop acting like I claimed it was innovation, the only person who EVER said that word was YOU, and for a company as schiity as sony, you have no room to talk

The fingerprint placement actually makes a lot of sense, if you're right handed and hold your phone, your index finger naturally rests in that position, don't tell me the whole bullschiit "my index is in the middle of the back", no it's not and I can guarantee you would have finger cramps if that's how you held your phone, your wrist doesn't go directly on the bottom of the phone, that's not how the human hand is shaped, simple fact. Yes people will smudge the lenses a lot, but it is still more ergonomic than the middle, don't deny a fact you can't prove otherwise

lol. 
You know whats the opposite of a fanboy? A hater. now you're just hating and your bias is showing. 

You are on spot only about splits-creen multitasking. But Most movies are not shot in that aspect, video apps like youtube, etc will have black unused screen areas. Gaming.... unless specifically made for that wide, black unused bars on both sides will remain on most games.... or it will widen the aspect ratio of graphics making it look more flat than it should be. Aspect ratio of this is just not good.  And Sony should probably stick 16:9 aspect, reduce bezels,  and maintain stereo speakers for better media experience.  If one likes this unconventional nonsense, he should buy this. But its a bit of a gimmick if you ask me. IF sony can reduce bezels by a good amount , there is no reason for me to buy this. pure spec wise the XZ premium is a superior phone and all the rumors about the samsung dram ended up being untrue. 

Btw, i don't really care for the xiomi mi mix. And yes, it's not bleeding edge spec wise but there should be a sucessor to that phone in 2017. I don't care for it, I only brought it up because as far as the design war goes in its the most impressive so far. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back