Sony/B&W/HTC/AKG/Sennheiser/MISC Thread
Mar 28, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #512 of 1,526
  http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/27/andy-rubin-android-essential-smartphone-teased.html

Essential may shake up the smartphone industry and could potentially give Samsung and Apple their first real competitor -- at least when it comes to taking away market share. Industry vets, including Jason Mackenzie, who served as HTC's global vice president before departing HTC in January, will be Essential's head of sales.

meh the whole andy rubin hype is just like the nextbit robin with "former google engineers", total disaster and I expect the same this time around as well

Mar 28, 2017 at 9:03 PM Post #514 of 1,526
  if sony licenses the LDAc tech they can make a lot of money on that alone. 

no they can't....... firstly you need to account for the cost of the codec which will have royalties rates similar to bluetooth which isn't that much at all, then you have to account for the amount of bluetooth headphones on the market which is MINUSCULE compared to wired, and on top of that you then have to further shorten it down to the amount of high fidelity bluetooth products on the market that can actually benefit from it which is little to none basically. Yeah sony would end up losing money from the "costs" of maintaining it rather than getting money

Mar 28, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #515 of 1,526
  http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/27/andy-rubin-android-essential-smartphone-teased.html

Essential may shake up the smartphone industry and could potentially give Samsung and Apple their first real competitor -- at least when it comes to taking away market share. Industry vets, including Jason Mackenzie, who served as HTC's global vice president before departing HTC in January, will be Essential's head of sales.

all the rumors I've read on the htc11 look good but well have to wait till its out. I hope sony and HTC have more sucess this year over the big two. 

LG I believe is out of the game lol. Nice try on the design and whatnot but it aint gonna cut I don't think they will even sell more than 6 million devices and when the 835 devices come out it will really put them behind. There is a possibility Sony might come out as the "third option" because of their strong position the xz sold 10 million units which is not bad at all. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #516 of 1,526
  all the rumors I've read on the htc11 look good but well have to wait till its out. I hope sony and HTC have more sucess this year over the big two. 

LG I believe is out of the game lol. Nice try on the design and whatnot but it aint gonna cut I don't think they will even sell more than 6 million devices and when the 835 devices come out it will really put them behind. There is a possibility Sony might come out as the "third option" because of their strong position the xz sold 10 million units which is not bad at all. 

I am confident lg will sell much more lg g6 units than sony's XZs, I have high hopes for htc this year IF they get the 11 right, but sony's forecast will be pretty much like last year's if not worse

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #517 of 1,526
  I am confident lg will sell much more lg g6 units than sony's XZs, I have high hopes for htc this year IF they get the 11 right, but sony's forecast will be pretty much like last year's if not worse

Not gonna happen lol. Maybe the v30 plus the g6 together can outsell it if the V30 does well. That means the g6 is bound to die out soon. 

nah I have a feeling sony will turn out their innovation engine at IFA . 

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #518 of 1,526
  Not gonna happen lol. Maybe the v30 plus the g6 together can outsell it if the V30 does well. That means the g6 is bound to die out soon. 

nah I have a feeling sony will turn out their innovation engine at IFA . 

It happened with the G5 and every lg before that, stop acting like sony is a top seller when they've made no money from their xperias while lg remains in the top 5.
Why are you trying to act like sony has some magical innovation just planned up their sleeve just like every other year, no it happened before and it will happen again, it's just going to be a 2nd flagship refresh in ONE year like sony always does with NO changes at all. Sony already released their flagship and their flagship phablet so no, they have nothing new to show at ifa...... and even if they did, then you're just admitting sony lied and made no changes to their company that they promised and continue to release 2 useless phones with no changes every year 

even that andy rubin company has a million times more potential for ANY kind of innovation and sales than sony...........

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #519 of 1,526

Me too. They need it. lol 

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #521 of 1,526
  It happened with the G5 and every lg before that, stop acting like sony is a top seller when they've made no money from their xperias while lg remains in the top 5.
Why are you trying to act like sony has some magical innovation just planned up their sleeve just like every other year, no it happened before and it will happen again, it's just going to be a 2nd flagship refresh in ONE year like sony always does with NO changes at all. Sony already released their flagship and their flagship phablet so no, they have nothing new to show at ifa...... and even if they did, then you're just admitting sony lied and made no changes to their company that they promised and continue to release 2 useless phones with no changes every year 

even that andy rubin company has a million times more potential for ANY kind of innovation and sales than sony...........

Yeah I don't care what their one CEO or President's "research" shows, releasing 2 phones a year is F'ING LAME! lol

I'd be more excited if they just released one a year. Like the HTC 11 is coming out soon...........I'm AS excited for that as I am (regardless of if I buy it or not) because the last flagship came out A YEAR AGO. lol It's not like with Samsung or LG where they release TWO DIFFERENT FLAGSHIP MODELS a year. Sony just releases the same model twice, and the changes are TINY and pointless. They don't even upgrade to a new processor until the next year (or 3rd release lol). The only thing Sony really has going right now, aside from looks and UI, is the camera. But I mean, that wasn't enough to keep me around, and I'm a HUGE Sony fan! 

In OTHER news lol..............................
L3000.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #522 of 1,526

Yeah I don't care what their one CEO or President's "research" shows, releasing 2 phones a year is F'ING LAME! lol

I'd be more excited if they just released one a year. Like the HTC 11 is coming out soon...........I'm AS excited for that as I am (regardless of if I buy it or not) because the last flagship came out A YEAR AGO. lol It's not like with Samsung or LG where they release TWO DIFFERENT FLAGSHIP MODELS a year. Sony just releases the same model twice, and the changes are TINY and pointless. They don't even upgrade to a new processor until the next year (or 3rd release lol). The only thing Sony really has going right now, aside from looks and UI, is the camera. But I mean, that wasn't enough to keep me around, and I'm a HUGE Sony fan! 

In OTHER news lol..............................
L3000.gif

The bigger screen in same body argument in your link is not valid because the htc 10 doesn't even have small bezels, the screen to body ratio is almost identical to the pixel, of course a slightly larger screen is going to be only "slightly larger." The argument would have been logical if the htc 10 was either the same size or SMALLER than the pixel. The pixel's advantages also come in the fastest software updates, slightly better camera, and google fanboyism lol

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #523 of 1,526
  The bigger screen in same body argument in your link is not valid because the htc 10 doesn't even have small bezels, the screen to body ratio is almost identical to the pixel, of course a slightly larger screen is going to be only "slightly larger." The argument would have been logical if the htc 10 was either the same size or SMALLER than the pixel. The pixel's advantages also come in the fastest software updates, slightly better camera, and google fanboyism lol

F that boring phone. HTC 10 baby!!! LOL 

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:20 PM Post #524 of 1,526

look how ugly and outdated the s7 looks compared to the s8. Now the s8 is finally a gorgeous phone from samdung. You can see just by looking at them side by side, the 5.8" display is not as large as you think and it's slightly narrower than the s7

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #525 of 1,526

look how ugly and outdated the s7 looks compared to the s8. Now the s8 is finally a gorgeous phone from samdung. You can see just by looking at them side by side, the 5.8" display is not as large as you think and it's slightly narrower than the s7

Yeah it does look nicer.............. after they followed HTC and Sony's lead on getting rid of that antiquated Home button from 2007! ROFL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back