Sony 9.1ch Digital Surround Headphone System MDR-HW700DS
Jan 20, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #46 of 47
Lately tho, having signal interferences while watching movies. Signal cuts out. I am around 5-6 feet from box. Battery is strong... Experiencing it at 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Not sure its wifi interferences... Lots of wifi here. :frowning2:
This happens when the Wifi channels get congested. Sadly the only solution I found when this happens is to open the router’s interface and Refresh Wifi Channels which will force the router to switch channels. That usually solves it for me.

Oops I just realized I resurrected an old post. Anyways I’ll leave it here for anyone else with similar problems.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 10:12 PM Post #47 of 47
Dude, they're as old as horseshoe crab. That being said i have it and the last time i used was in 2020. It's decent but for the introductory peice of 700$ it's crap. There are headphones with spatial audio way cheap and maybe give it a try. To me when it comes to movies i want to feel and hear the explosion if there's one in the movie.
Maybe try crusher evo. The bass is really deep.
Yeah, $700 is steep and I wont pay that, but I'll keep an eye out for a deal. I imagine these aren't manufactured anymore though.
Unfortunately nothing new that comes close even. I have these for more than 8 years now and I use it every day still. The surround sound positioning is so well done on these, it’s hard to use anything else to watch movies and tv after experiencing them.

JVC made a similar one - JVC XP-ext1. Most reviews suggest that it’s not worth it for the asking price. The HW700DS cost less than half this price when it was still in production. I would buy another pair of the Sony’s if it was still available, sadly no more. A true home theatre masterpiece !
I find it odd that this concept isn't more popular or hasn't been updated or even has any competition. Ah well, I'll keep an eye out.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back