Sony 9.1ch Digital Surround Headphone System MDR-HW700DS
Mar 31, 2015 at 11:59 AM Post #16 of 47
Best surround sound wireless headphone ... Indisputable.

I've tried many many surround ****s and none of them couldn't even close to this. (mixamp, turtlebeach dss>m-stage, tritton and some other ****s) 

I have ath ad900x, dt 770/990/1350 , ultrasone pro900, sony gold wireless and many wastage of virtualizer plus some good amp/dacs(such as nfb11). 

I have XO, Ps4, Wii U, and PC ... And I can't buy internal sound card for surround. 

Sennhesiers rs series ? Really ? When things go quiet, background noise whenever the dialogue started a halting starting and stopping of background noise, buzzing...
What a tremendous company(!) For wireless just big "NO" for Sennheiser.

These monsters are simply clean. As good as cabled. Bass are better than my pro900. Believe or not. 

Yeah they aren't the treble king, or mid prince but they done job better than any surround headphone system. (smyth realiser is exception) 

Games and movies are very thrilling on these. Very immersive, very different.
Yes with my nfb11 and 990 (250 ohm) sounds great. Music is better for sure.
But games and movies are not immersive not atmospheric. When these things on, everything gains credible aspect.

You can't find any bad critique about these with games and movies. 

They are not reference stereo system.
And beacuse of this you will not hear the best of music. But it is listenable. Just not the best for price.

These are my salvation from surround headphone junks.
After my experience with them I can't listen anything stereo, except music.
For Tv shows, Movies, Games they are best for me. (even for competetive pc games)

I am using these with Bloodborne and  The Order 1886 right now. Last night I watched Pacific Rim..how can I say? Orgasm maybe? 

I must say; they actually changed my judgements and standpoint about audiophile terminology.

I won't go deeper into this subject to avoid discussion but thats for me. How human says ? "Enjoyment" . It's that simple. 

May 21, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #19 of 47
Guys what settings do you use on those headphones?
I kinda hate all the effects and matrix.
Are they still providing surround without using any on the effect or matrix?
Thanks

Jun 1, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #21 of 47
But doesn't that kinda negate the benefit the Bluetooth brings ? (ie wireless) At least that's why I didn't suggest it when someone brought up a mic. :wink: yes, I do have that mic. :)

Jun 16, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #23 of 47
  Are there any competitors to these? Other nice surround solutions that support 4k poassthrough if they use HDMI and that can handle DTS-HD Master audio?

I don't think you will find anything, that has these same features.Being closed back,the soundstage has a good width,but  a very good depth that surprised me. Films/Music,late at night,without disturbing anyone,is very good. Music,I've had to EQ them. Overall sound,excellent,well balanced,cohesive.As good as my HD 800?. NO of course not. Except them for what they are. Recommended.

Jun 17, 2015 at 3:56 PM Post #24 of 47

I don't think you will find anything, that has these same features.Being closed back,the soundstage has a good width,but  a very good depth that surprised me. Films/Music,late at night,without disturbing anyone,is very good. Music,I've had to EQ them. Overall sound,excellent,well balanced,cohesive.As good as my HD 800?. NO of course not. Except them for what they are. Recommended.

Thanks for your impressions. I wouldn't mind having some affordable option for surround sound with cans.
I wouldn't be using them for music listening except for trying a concert on blu-ray with them.
When you say not as good as the HD-800, you mean for music listening or for movies as well?
I mean, does a movie sound better with the HD800 out of the phones-out of your receiver or do you prefer a movie with the HW7000DS system?

Jun 17, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #25 of 47

Thanks for your impressions. I wouldn't mind having some affordable option for surround sound with cans.
I wouldn't be using them for music listening except for trying a concert on blu-ray with them.
When you say not as good as the HD-800, you mean for music listening or for movies as well?
I mean, does a movie sound better with the HD800 out of the phones-out of your receiver or do you prefer a movie with the HW7000DS system?

The 700DS decode dolby/neo X,so very good for Movies. The HD 800 do not. The 700DS are very good for music,but nowhere near as good as the HD800. For music,/ITunes etc., I use the HA 1/HD 800, and not out through the receiver. I will often play a movie,or music with the 700DS, and be very happy with them. The HD 800 have a far greater sound stage/better depth/ definition/ seperation/  Bass,etc,but you would expect that for the price.If I  could only afford the 700DS,I  would be very happy,as they are very very good overall.

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:29 AM Post #26 of 47

The 700DS decode dolby/neo X,so very good for Movies. The HD 800 do not. The 700DS are very good for music,but nowhere near as good as the HD800. For music,/ITunes etc., I use the HA 1/HD 800, and not out through the receiver. I will often play a movie,or music with the 700DS, and be very happy with them. The HD 800 have a far greater sound stage/better depth/ definition/ seperation/  Bass,etc,but you would expect that for the price.If I  could only afford the 700DS,I  would be very happy,as they are very very good overall.

Thanks, planning to check these out myself as well.

Jan 26, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #27 of 47
Talk about late to the party!

I listen to just about everything via headphones. So, I just ordered these, to use with the new Samsung 4K Blu-Ray player, which has two HDMI outputs...one for video, and one for audio only. I figured I'd put the audio only cable in the back of the transmitter, and then hook the video HDMI direct to my 4K TV.

And yes, I'll use these for movies and TV only. For music, I have Senn 650s, Denon AH-D7000s, and Beyerdynamic 770s.

I'm interested in seeing whether the system really makes you feel like there's speakers all over.

Jan 27, 2016 at 2:37 AM Post #28 of 47
Talk about late to the party!

I listen to just about everything via headphones. So, I just ordered these, to use with the new Samsung 4K Blu-Ray player, which has two HDMI outputs...one for video, and one for audio only. I figured I'd put the audio only cable in the back of the transmitter, and then hook the video HDMI direct to my 4K TV.

And yes, I'll use these for movies and TV only. For music, I have Senn 650s, Denon AH-D7000s, and Beyerdynamic 770s.

I'm interested in seeing whether the system really makes you feel like there's speakers all over.

Having picked these up at Christmas, have to say I think they do an amazing job with surround tracks.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Feb 2, 2016 at 2:23 AM Post #29 of 47
I finally bought a set. Very eager for it to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back