Sony 1000x mark ii - huzzah!
Sep 12, 2018 at 3:17 AM Post #181 of 198
No offence, with your statement I've quoted, you sound like a joke to me.
Or perhaps, you doesn't have a pair of ears that can hear a different, so may I suggest you continue stick with the Xiaomi earbuds? Please don't bother try any other headphones or high end earbud, cause it will be a waste of your time trying as you're not hearing different.

The Mi Pro HD are almost identical to the 1-more triple drivers, once the front port is blocked and they are highly regarded as far as earbuds go. Your post was poorly written and not constructive to the discourse or topic at hand, try harder next time. Maybe divert some neuronal resources from your super-human ears and you will get a better result.

I find it funny how objective analysis goes out the window when people perform mental gymnastics defending a sub-par product once their hard earned money is spent. Just be real, be honest, be objective; that is half the point of this forum.

Sep 12, 2018 at 3:51 AM Post #182 of 198
The Mi Pro HD are almost identical to the 1-more triple drivers, once the front port is blocked and they are highly regarded as far as earbuds go. Your post was poorly written and not constructive to the discourse or topic at hand, try harder next time. Maybe divert some neuronal resources from your super-human ears and you will get a better result.

I find it funny how objective analysis goes out the window when people perform mental gymnastics defending a sub-par product once their hard earned money is spent. Just be real, be honest, be objective; that is half the point of this forum.
Haha... Nope nothing is real from your sub-par hearing standard . Lol..

Sep 20, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #183 of 198
Finally, I have received my super-human ears rated and hard earned money blah..blah..blah.. the Sony WH-1000XM3.

20180920_135349.jpg
20180920_140148.jpg
20180920_140543.jpg

Attachments

• 20180920_140609.jpg
    20180920_140609.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Nov 8, 2018 at 9:19 AM Post #186 of 198
Loving my M2's wired, so much so that I might put my MDR-Z1R's for sale. I'd rather have one single Headphone that does it all, commute and home. The wh-1000xM2 tick every single box. For everyone out here trying to decide to upgrade or not from the original 1000x, yes! Do it......

Also, I prefer APTX-HD over LDAC, and Wired over Wireless.
Is this really that good?

Nov 9, 2018 at 6:51 AM Post #187 of 198
Guys after letting headphones burn in, and learning how to use optimizer, and activating aptx/ldac headphones sound great! I also kept the vmoda crossfade wireless 2_for my bassy moods, they sound so good! The bowers & wilkens i returned, they sounded great but bass was a little light and voices sounded cupped, fit wasn't the best either, but they did have incredible build.
Same for me. I was about to return Sony, but after burn in, they sound fantastic.

Nov 10, 2018 at 5:46 AM Post #188 of 198
I personally think that the WH1000XM2’s can sometimes sound a little flat and slightly boring but that can sometimes be a quality as I also find them unfatiguing for longer listening sessions.

Although I do have technically better sounding headphones, I find myself listening to the Sony's more and more.

They're not perfect but they really do tick a lot of boxes for me and I wouldn't be surprised if I eventually sell my other headphones and just keep the Sony's.

Nov 10, 2018 at 7:11 AM Post #189 of 198
So, I was on the prowl at Rtings again trying to find all the good ANC headphones. I realized it comes down to QC 35, Sony XM series, or B&W PX (i guess is the reason why people kept bringing up the B&W, duh.. PX seems to not be as good ANC as the other 2) And then realized XM series are just really good for ANC, but build quality is worse for the earlier versions. More fragile, and cracking.

One interesting difference of the first 1000X from the other two are greater harmonic distortions, or the worst harmonic distortions performance.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #190 of 198
So, I was on the prowl at Rtings again trying to find all the good ANC headphones. I realized it comes down to QC 35, Sony XM series, or B&W PX (i guess is the reason why people kept bringing up the B&W, duh.. PX seems to not be as good ANC as the other 2) And then realized XM series are just really good for ANC, but build quality is worse for the earlier versions. More fragile, and cracking.

One interesting difference of the first 1000X from the other two are greater harmonic distortions, or the worst harmonic distortions performance.

Me too and I continue to struggle with which to buy. The PX appears to be the most polarizing. Many claim they sound the best but Rtings for example says they sound mediocre. I opted to go for the new ATHMX50bt over ANC options because I don't need ANC most of the time. Does anyone think these Sonys or the PX (or Bose) would actually sound better than the Audio Technicas? I would like ANC but not at the cost of SQ.

Nov 10, 2018 at 9:59 AM Post #191 of 198
Me too and I continue to struggle with which to buy. The PX appears to be the most polarizing. Many claim they sound the best but Rtings for example says they sound mediocre. I opted to go for the new ATHMX50bt over ANC options because I don't need ANC most of the time. Does anyone think these Sonys or the PX (or Bose) would actually sound better than the Audio Technicas? I would like ANC but not at the cost of SQ.
I find Rtings useful for objective analysis, but not their subjective view-points. If the impressions seem all over the place, I'd just ask myself if ANC performance is the most important feature. If so, I think the Sony or Bose are the way to go. Sony ANC maybe slightly better, and personally I found the XM3 to sound better (haven't tried the 1st or 2nd iterations).

For me, XM3 isn't practical if weighing how much I'd use it for. I'm mainly interested in the ANC in flights. The only use I can think of it in flights. Other than that I have plenty of other headphones and iems that serve me for better performance in least noise conditions.

If I can get ANC as good as Bose or Sony around $100, I'd keep it around only for flights, but $350 I won't bite for such a headphone I won't put much to use. But, if you spend lots of time in noisy environments, it would likely be worth the price.

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #192 of 198
I find Rtings useful for objective analysis, but not their subjective view-points. If the impressions seem all over the place, I'd just ask myself if ANC performance is the most important feature. If so, I think the Sony or Bose are the way to go. Sony ANC maybe slightly better, and personally I found the XM3 to sound better (haven't tried the 1st or 2nd iterations).
Agreed. I was set on the Px but rtings had me hesitate. It didn’t help that my local Best Buy doesn’t have them available to test drive.

Nov 12, 2018 at 10:23 PM Post #193 of 198
if ANC performance is the most important feature. If so, I think the Sony or Bose are the way to go. Sony ANC maybe slightly better, and personally I found the XM3 to sound better

Agreed. I was set on the Px but rtings had me hesitate. It didn’t help that my

If ANC is important, Sony 1000XM3 are the only option.

Below some questions,
1. Do you considering an ANC headphones because you want to hear more and better sounding music even in soft or medium volume ?
2. Do you use the headphones listening to music at any places with soft or loud noises, even in a moderate crowd library?
3. If ANC turn on, does the music sound quality affected? Does it creating a little bit more pressure to eardrum, like the way you felt in a plane take off or descending?

If yes is the answer to any of the 3 questions, then Sony 1000XM3 is the only option.

Also, PX sound quality became mediocre or I would call it unbearable when ANC turn on. It also feeling heavy after 30 minutes and longer.

On the hand, Bose QC35/35II ANC quality are on par with Sony 1000XM2, but are mediocre when compare to Sony 1000XM3 which easily win hand down. The different are so much that'll put a "Wow" in your mouth the moment you put it on. 1000XM3 ANC are way better, at least 1 or 2 class above 35II"

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #195 of 198
I keep hearing the MX3 have more Bass than MX2? I thought the MX2 were just a tad bloated in the mid-bass region. This is coming from a Stax 007 MK1 user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back