Jul 31, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #361 of 483
I think it is but considerably less expensive. I believe the Bel Canto unit has more output possibilities, whereas the mR is only USB out. Check out Sonore's threads on the 'other forum' ... there is more info about Direct Connection, if that's what you need. it's not something I've tried ... I route mine.
Thank you.

Jul 31, 2017 at 4:16 PM Post #362 of 483
I'm not sure where you read that ... maybe that was an earlier advice, before 3.1 came out. On another forum, Sonore posted a brief instruction on how to get Audirvana 3.1 'talking' to the mR and that was the way to go. Works fine for me.
No, this was my misunderstanding. I went back and reread the post which was posted here on H-F...sorry.

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #363 of 483
Just bought a microrendu and it's on its way. My router is on another floor and I want to connect it to the Ethernet port on my pc. Sonore said this would work but they don't support this method and don't know whether setup will be more complicated. Is anyone using the microrendu this way and can chime in?
I have Ethernet wall plugs as a backup option.

Aug 2, 2017 at 4:36 PM Post #364 of 483
Just bought a microrendu and it's on its way. My router is on another floor and I want to connect it to the Ethernet port on my pc. Sonore said this would work but they don't support this method and don't know whether setup will be more complicated. Is anyone using the microrendu this way and can chime in?
I have Ethernet wall plugs as a backup option.

There is a thread on "the other site" under Music Servers that begins with "A novel way to . . . " Plenty of pages on how to do this and the issues involved.

Lots of other options:
* Power line adapters
* Ethernet over coax adapters
* Use an access point as a bridge/switch

Aug 7, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #366 of 483
I just downloaded Audiovana Plus trial to compare with Roon to hear which I prefer before making a purchase.
I've switched the mR setting from Roon Ready to MPD/DLNA and also went into the Audirvana's Audio System>Preferred Audio Device setting, but don't even see an option for the mR as the output. Does Audirvana even support the mR?Am I missing something here?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 2:23 PM Post #367 of 483
I just downloaded Audiovana Plus trial to compare with Roon to hear which I prefer before making a purchase.
I've switched the mR setting from Roon Ready to MPD/DLNA and also went into the Audirvana's Audio System>Preferred Audio Device setting, but don't even see an option for the mR as the output. Does Audirvana even support the mR?Am I missing something here?
Thanks!

my understanding is that audirvana does not function as a server currently. i understand that it's something that's in process.

jriver can function as a player and server. have you tried that?

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 2:43 PM Post #368 of 483
I now see that maybe in the future Audirvana v3.1 may act as a server, but as for v3.0, it doesn't. I didn't even think of checking into this before downloading the trial, but no big deal being I didn't have to purchase a license.
I have JRiver and do use it with the mR. I also just purchased an annual subscription to Roon + a 3-month complimentary Tidal subscription from Roon after not being able to use the mR with Audirvana v3.0. I purchased the annual subscription for Roon because if Audirvana v3.1 can be used with the mR in the future, I would like to hear it.
Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciate it!

Aug 7, 2017 at 3:39 PM Post #369 of 483
Thanks!

Your mR should appear on the drop-down list of devices in Preferences/Audio System/Change (Preferred Audio Device). If it doesn't appear, then I guess A+ isn't seeing the mR on the network.

Aug 7, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #370 of 483
Is that right?
Those are the exact menus I went into to select the mR, but it wasn't available as an option.
JRiver & Roon are seeing the mR immediately. Maybe I need to re-install Audirvana Plus?

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:27 PM Post #371 of 483
Is that right?
Those are the exact menus I went into to select the mR, but it wasn't available as an option.
JRiver & Roon are seeing the mR immediately. Maybe I need to re-install Audirvana Plus?

Mmm ... very strange. A+ 3.0.99 definitely supports mR on my system. So, silly questions come to mind .... What version of SonicOrbiter O/S do you have ? I presume everything is running on the same network ?

Aug 7, 2017 at 6:34 PM Post #372 of 483
Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #373 of 483
Mmm ... very strange. A+ 3.0.99 definitely supports mR on my system. So, silly questions come to mind .... What version of SonicOrbiter O/S do you have ? I presume everything is running on the same network ?
It definitely is strange. I even deleted it and downloaded it again, and it still
isn't seeing the mR. I have the latest v2.5 SonicOrbiter, Yes, everything is on the same network. No, I downloaded it from this site under Audirvana Plus>Download Free Trial. I'm also running macOS Sierra 10.12.6

Aug 7, 2017 at 11:16 PM Post #374 of 483
@Charente
This is the version of Audirvana I've downloaded. Is this the same version you have?
If so, I still haven't gotten it to show the mR.
Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 11.12.54 PM.png

Aug 8, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #375 of 483
Ah, OK ... that is not the correct version for streaming to Network Players ... you need the 3.0.99 version which is in public Beta test, from the link I gave you earlier. When the Beta testing is completed, it will become Version 3.1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back