Sonoma Model One electrostatic headphone system
Dec 27, 2022 at 11:36 AM Post #316 of 330
Hi Andrew, curious if you still have the Bravura. Since we have a similar setup, I was wondering how it compared to the Bartok+Oor+Elites and Stealth (considering a pair but the lack of dynamics puts me off)
I have not used the Bravura in a while. I was really enjoying the Ferrum Oor and simplified to that with the Bartok (partly because the Bartok has Ethernet connection, which is simpler). I’m contemplating a move to the Rossini APEX and clock.

I may sell the Bravura, but I plan to wait until we move back in and things get settled. It might still find a place.

Also lately, I’ve been listening to the Elites exclusively with the Oor. I have come to really appreciate what it does across all genres. In fact, I may sell the Stealth and Expanse. They are of course great, but I have a desire to simplify. Music listening is mostly for enjoyment and relaxation these days. The DCA headphones are very precise, which I value in some cases, but more and more I just want to sink into the music, not listen critically. The Elites have a deep musicality about them.

I recently purchased the Meze Liric to use with the Chord Mojo 2 and they are also fantastic!

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2022 at 12:27 PM Post #317 of 330
I have not used the Bravura in a while. I was really enjoying the Ferrum Oor and simplified to that with the Bartok (partly because the Bartok has Ethernet connection, which is simpler). I’m contemplating a move to the Rossini APEX and clock.

I may sell the Bravura, but I plan to wait until we move back in and things get settled. It might still find a place.

Also lately, I’ve been listening to the Elites exclusively with the Oor. I have come to really appreciate what it does across all genres. In fact, I may sell the Stealth and Expanse. They are of course great, but I have a desire to simplify. Music listening is mostly for enjoyment and relaxation these days. The DCA headphones are very precise, which I value in some cases, but more and more I just want to sink into the music, not listen critically. The Elites have a deep musicality about them.

I recently purchased the Meze Liric to use with the Chord Mojo 2 and they are also fantastic!
I was also planning to wait until we move into our new place before getting the Lina, which turned into a Rossini. Highly recommend it, especially with the clock. I also find the musicality is unmatched with the Elites and Oor.
I had the original Mojo and did audition the Liric the first week when they came out. Really really good. My Z1R stage bigger, but there's that musicality that really makes them special. I'm considering replacing the Sonys with either the Liric or the Stealth, but want to wait until my HM1 gets here to make a decision. Though there's a great Christmas bundle deal for the Liric and Mojo currently...
Using your main setup, how do you find the Stealth and Liric compare to each other? And the Elites.

Dec 27, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #318 of 330
Using your main setup, how do you find the Stealth and Liric compare to each other? And the Elites.
The Elite is open and expansive, with good bass and an even balance across the spectrum, though voices are not as forward as the Stealth. The Stealth is more immediate and precise, and more closed in. This is a rough statement, but the Elite sounds closer to live music whereas the Stealth is more insightful into the studio recording. The Liric is closer to the Elite than the Stealth.

I absolutely loved the Stealth with acoustic guitar and piano. I could the hear the character of the instrument, the venue and the recording. I still like that. But the Elite is very musical and easy to sink into and enjoy.

Maybe I'm just lazy lately, but I stick with the Elite no matter the music. Perhaps also to see if I miss the Stealth.

I use the Liric around the house with the Mojo 2 (upgraded copper cable).

Dec 27, 2022 at 3:44 PM Post #319 of 330
Maybe I'm just lazy lately, but I stick with the Elite no matter the music. Perhaps also to see if I miss the Stealth.
Yeah, I get it. It was the same way for me when I had the Susvara and LCD-5 for multiple home demos. Listening to them over the Elite felt like a chore. Even though the LCD-5 did seem more insightful at times.
The Elite is open and expansive, with good bass and an even balance across the spectrum, though voices are not as forward as the Stealth.
That's interesting. The LCD-5 felt too mid forward for me. With the Elites it's just right. If I switch to the Mapper 3 option on the Rossini, voices get pushed back a bit and are better integrated with the instrumentals. It sounds a bit more cohesive I guess, and I see why you would use it for classical, but It feels too much for most of the music I listen to. It's great to have options though.
I use the Liric around the house with the Mojo 2 (upgraded copper cable).
I found that the Airpods pro 2 got so good, I'm not sure I can justify a mobile setup anymore. For my use case at least, anc matters a lot. I'd love a TOTL closed back though, and found that the Liric didn't quite get to the Elite's level.

Dec 27, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #320 of 330
I found that the Airpods pro 2 got so good, I'm not sure I can justify a mobile setup anymore. For my use case at least, anc matters a lot. I'd love a TOTL closed back though, and found that the Liric didn't quite get to the Elite's level.
I recently traveled and took the Mojo 2 + Poly + Liric and realized it was too much. I also had the AirPod Pro 2s for watching movies on flights (worked great) and in the future I'll just use those for travel for music too.

Jan 20, 2023 at 5:48 PM Post #321 of 330
Sorry if this has been covered, but can Warwick headphones be powered by amps outside of their systems? Again sorry for the stupid question or if it's been covered a lot already. I know the pin connection is different for starters, but wondering if anyone has done any DIY or anything (also reached out to my amp builder for thoughts).

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2023 at 5:57 PM Post #322 of 330
Sorry if this has been covered, but can Warwick headphones be powered by amps outside of their systems? Again sorry for the stupid question or if it's been covered a lot already.
Not normally and I never read about someone that had an adapter or Interface to use them with other amps.

Jan 20, 2023 at 6:11 PM Post #323 of 330
Not normally and I never read about someone that had an adapter or Interface to use them with other amps.

That's what I figured. And I haven't seen anything either. Definitely really interested in their headphones, just not a fan of "systems". I'll keep, keeping an eye out. :)

Jan 20, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #324 of 330
That's what I figured. And I haven't seen anything either. Definitely really interested in their headphones, just not a fan of "systems". I'll keep, keeping an eye out. :)
They use a completely different bias voltage from everyone else, 1350v.
The amp's not even my main problem, you can't even use your own dac :frowning2:. Except with the Aperio, but even there there's a lot of DSP involved.

Jan 20, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #325 of 330
The amp's not even my main problem, you can't even use your own dac :frowning2:. Except with the Aperio, but even there there's a lot of DSP involved.

Oh that's a huge difference in bias. Also I did not know that about the dac, that's a major deal breaker for me. I guess it's just a no go until things change. Again, the impressions I've seen have all been very positive, so nothing at all against the headphones/brand.

Jan 21, 2023 at 11:38 AM Post #326 of 330

Their literature says that if you use the analog inputs on the Aperio then EQ is done in the analog domain, not via DSP.

Jan 21, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #327 of 330
Their literature says that if you use the analog inputs on the Aperio then EQ is done in the analog domain, not via DSP.
That's interesting, never went that in depth on the Aperio. I assume people would just use it as a Roon endpoint. Here's the quote for clarity :
1674325764687.png

Jan 24, 2023 at 5:52 AM Post #328 of 330
Hi all, I'm thinking to buy the Sonoma M1 system but I was hoping to give a try before I commit. I'm located in the Bay Area, California. Does anyone have at least somewhere in California I could give it a listen for a few minutes? I'm happy to pay or bring my gear to share :)

Thank you so much!

Dec 15, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #329 of 330
Just reviving this old thread one time haha

Got a second hand Sonoma M1 and just want to share it’s still a great system if you are looking for a competent headphone system. And prices both brand new and second hand is way lower then buying the amp for Bruvara which is the same amp you can reuse.

Warwick Sonoma M1 first impression: Beautiful Sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back