Sonoma Model One electrostatic headphone system
May 26, 2022 at 7:50 AM Post #286 of 330
i own/owned a sonoma M1 system. it is a solid entry into electrostatics and has the added benefit of a compleyte system (dac, amp, headphones) and small form factor. the M1 easily competes or betters mid-tier stax offerings and the sennheiser he60. i have not done direct comparisons to the high-end stax headphones but have spent time with these headphones and owned an omega ii for a period of time and do not think the M1 reaches these heights, epecially when the stax are paired with uber amps, such as a BHSE. i understand that the bravura is supposed to be an improvement but it is still cut from the same cloth.
It’s interesting that @Resolve from headphones.com says was very impressed with the Bravura at the High End Munich show. Reviews and user comments would indicate that there is a big difference between the Bravura and the Sonoma. I’ll be interested to read whether Bravura owners think it ranks at the top of List of TOTL headphones/estats.

May 26, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #287 of 330
It’s interesting that @Resolve from headphones.com says was very impressed with the Bravura at the High End Munich show. Reviews and user comments would indicate that there is a big difference between the Bravura and the Sonoma. I’ll be interested to read whether Bravura owners think it ranks at the top of List of TOTL headphones/estats.
Yeah Bravura was great but man, that Aperio... it haunts me hahah. I gotta hear it again.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
May 26, 2022 at 12:49 PM Post #288 of 330
i own/owned a sonoma M1 system. it is a solid entry into electrostatics and has the added benefit of a complete system (dac, amp, headphones) and small form factor. the M1 easily competes with or betters mid-tier stax offerings and the sennheiser he60. i have not done direct comparisons to the high-end stax headphones but have spent time with these headphones and owned an omega ii for a period of time and do not think the M1 reaches these heights, especially when the stax are paired with uber amps, such as a BHSE. i understand that the bravura is supposed to be an improvement but it is still cut from the same cloth.
I have owned SR007mk2.9, 007A and L700, driven from two different KGSSHV's (400V and a beefed-up 450V), but they still sound like STAX, which in my opinion sounds "boring", like paper hitting your ears.

I am a huge fan of the planar technology, love the slam and weight. Bravura and Sonoma sound something in between planars and STAX. Speedy but still has a great weight to it. Excellent tonality and organic sounding, the most "realistic" presentation I've ever heard are from the Bravura. Late-night listening laying on the couch with the Bravura gives me an insane amount of goosebumps and a trippy musical experience.

May 26, 2022 at 12:52 PM Post #289 of 330
I have owned SR007mk2.9, 007A and L700, driven from two different KGSSHV's (400V and a beefed-up 450V), but they still sound like STAX, which in my opinion sounds "boring", like paper hitting your ears.

I am a huge fan of the planar technology, love the slam and weight. Bravura and Sonoma sound something in between planars and STAX. Speedy but still has a great weight to it. Excellent tonality and organic sounding, the most "realistic" presentation I've ever heard are from the Bravura. Late-night listening laying on the couch with the Bravura gives me an insane amount of goosebumps and a trippy musical experience.
How delicate is the Bravura. For instance, I won't go to sleep with the Stax x9000s on as I am afraid of dust or other damage. They seem fragile even though they sound great. Could you doze off with the Bravuras on? I am so close to buying these!

May 26, 2022 at 1:00 PM Post #290 of 330
How delicate is the Bravura. For instance, I won't go to sleep with the Stax x9000s on as I am afraid of dust or other damage. They seem fragile even though they sound great. Could you doze off with the Bravuras on? I am so close to buying these!
Definitely, they are built like a tank. Might be the sturdiest headphones I've owned, 10/10

May 26, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #292 of 330
Just wished I had the black version…
C214CEC3-A9E1-4769-8EEC-1E825F091E0B.jpeg

May 26, 2022 at 2:47 PM Post #293 of 330
They are built to last forever. Sonoma headphones headband was a weak point but the bravura’s built quality is very stabil and will last forever. otherwise customer service from Warwick is the best experience I ever had. ask sebbai he will say the same.

May 26, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #294 of 330
Last words I never had a headphone like the bravura that delivers across the board. my musical taste is a little bit crazy I’m a huge opera and classical fan and on the other side I love all kind of metal and progressive rock metal and the bravura delivers across the board. a dream for classical lovers and a great punch when listening to death metal or trash metal. Stax and hard metal never gets me there were the missing punch 🥊

May 26, 2022 at 2:56 PM Post #295 of 330
They are built to last forever. Sonoma headphones headband was a weak point but the bravura’s built quality is very stabil and will last forever. otherwise customer service from Warwick is the best experience I ever had. ask sebbai he will say the same.
Confirming their customer service is legendary, like their headphones.

May 26, 2022 at 4:55 PM Post #296 of 330
Confirming their customer service is legendary, like their headphones.
I purchased the Bravuras this afternoon. At this point I have listened to a familiar symphony and I was surprised at what I was hearing. Maybe these are really as good as everyone says they are. I can't wait to really dig in and discover what they can do. This is going to be fun!

May 26, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #297 of 330
I purchased the Bravuras this afternoon. At this point I have listened to a familiar symphony and I was surprised at what I was hearing. Maybe these are really as good as everyone says they are. I can't wait to really dig in and discover what they can do. This is going to be fun!
Congrats. Enjoy the Bravura’s.

May 27, 2022 at 11:38 PM Post #298 of 330
I purchased the Bravura + amp today. Better than expected (which was a lot). The headphones are comfortable and I appreciate the whole system is inclusive and compact. Was not expecting a good USB cable too. I have a couple in storage and had planned to get one, but the Warwick cable is fine.

I sampled a wide range of music and it all sounded really, really nice.

If only I had known then what I know now...

May 28, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #299 of 330
At the show, Stax X9000 with their T-8000 amp sounded much better than the Bravura and the Aperio.
I really don’t know what kind of music you listen to when you audition headphones, but I’ve listened to a Mahler symphony and the Bravura set had no volume, I was at the 11 (figure of speech) and it sounded dull. The Aperio sounded better, but not 34K EUR (or UKP) worth. Stax sounded much better, so did the TC with the Envy amp.

May 28, 2022 at 8:27 AM Post #300 of 330
At the show, Stax X9000 with their T-8000 amp sounded much better than the Bravura and the Aperio.
I really don’t know what kind of music you listen to when you audition headphones, but I’ve listened to a Mahler symphony and the Bravura set had no volume, I was at the 11 (figure of speech) and it sounded dull. The Aperio sounded better, but not 34K EUR (or UKP) worth. Stax sounded much better, so did the TC with the Envy amp.
I sort of agree with you. I now have the Bravura and I have spent considerable time listening to chamber music, symphonies and concertos. I also have the x9000s and when you put them back to back, the difference is very apparent. However, the Bravuras still sound quite good and they have a very smooth, even frequency response from top to bottom due to the built in DSP processing. They are built very sturdily, and I will use them for regular day to day listening. I will pull out the x9000s when I am critically listening and want to go into the details of the music. Apparently 80 years of Stax electrostatic headphone experience is hard to catch up to by any other manufacturer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back