Sonoma Model One electrostatic headphone system
Jan 22, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #211 of 330
Although this system is great, it could be improved significantly by making it driverless as far as its USB input is concerned. Tethering it to a computer is less than ideal. Connecting it to something like Innuous ZENith Mk3 would be fantastic.

Mar 30, 2021 at 5:03 PM Post #212 of 330
May 2, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #214 of 330
I think this system is pretty hard to beat for it's price considering that its all in one and can't be upgraded.
You can upgrade it somewhat by using better power cables and usb or coax interconnects. Whether those upgrades makes sense price wise is a personal question. I use mine occasionally after getting the Chord Dave paired with Meze Empyrean. The sound of the latter system is just so much better. Sonoma used to be my choice for detail and clarity. Dave + empyrean beat it in that category also not to mention the bass, which was always Sonoma’s weak point. Granted there is an 9k price difference between the two systems.

May 29, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #216 of 330
Anyone else has bass distortion at very high volumes (75%-100%)?
Yes. It’s unusable with bass heavy music at that volume. Something with less bass works though. That’s one of the shortcomings of this system.

Sep 3, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #217 of 330
Anyone know where to buy their connectors? I make my own cables, and the stock cable is to microphonic and stiff for my taste.

Oct 6, 2021 at 12:54 PM Post #218 of 330
just came across this.

warwick-bravura-black-main-06__56148.1632859484.png
WarwickAcousticsBravura-1024x546.jpg

https://warwickacoustics.com/the-bravura-headphone-has-arrived/
https://www.moon-audio.com/warwick-acoustics-bravura-headphones.html

++

Thursday 23rd September 2021

Introducing the BRAVURA

From the Italian, meaning ‘great technical skill and brilliance shown in a performance’, the BRAVURA is the latest in our range of premium electrostatic headphones, following on from the multi-award-winning Sonoma M1 and APERIO Headphone Systems.

We have invested 3 additional years of transducer development to refine our core patented technology to further improve upon all the benefits for which electrostatics are famous for, demonstrated by our Sonoma M1, which has to date won a total of 25 global industry awards.

The latest evolution of the single-ended transducer used in the BRAVURA utilises a new stator design and more advanced materials resulting in ultra-low distortion, increased SPL and a wider bandwidth. Delivering the latest in unparalleled levels of performance and sound quality, each transducer is handmade in Warwickshire and individually matched resulting in a listening experience with unrivalled transparency and musicality.

Both the BRAVURA headphone and cable are manufactured in the UK and proudly carry the MADE IN BRITAIN mark.

As a business that listens carefully to its customers, we have taken all of the feedback regarding the Sonoma M1 into consideration when developing the BRAVURA. As a result, in addition to the advancements to the transducer, we have made the headband on the BRAVURA far more comfortable and luxurious, using a similar design to that used on our flagship APERIO headphone.

The BRAVURA headphone, available in either Silver or a special Black Edition, have been designed to pair with the highly acclaimed Sonoma M1 Amplifier, which is also now available in a special Black Edition finish.

Those that already own a Sonoma M1 System can simply buy a BRAVURA headphone, otherwise you will need to buy a BRAVURA headphone and a Sonoma M1 Amplifier as a complete system in the colour of your choice.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #219 of 330
Anyone listened to this yet?

Oct 7, 2021 at 6:38 AM Post #220 of 330
i already own the amp so purchasing the headphone would not be a huge expense. a discounted unit, demo or open box, would be pretty tempting.

really like the look of the black.

E_4ZbTTVgAA1VRn.jpg

Oct 17, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #222 of 330
Oct 17, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #223 of 330
here are some points from the review. definitely interested in hearing this headphone. might be an end of the year gift to myself.

++

* Warwick has reacted to customer feedback of the Sonoma M1 Headphone, especially in the use of a new headband and revised cabling. The former helps a lot, because the BRAVURA feels less ‘clampy’ than before, but the latter helps a hell of a lot ; the older model’s cable system was prone to ‘touch it, you hear it’ effects. These are more comfortable headphones that feel better built than their predecessors. The black finish feels good to the touch and the more traditional comfort strap across the headband does make the BRAVURA sit considerably more easy on the head. The previous headband was at once more rigid (translation: tighter feeling) and more sonically conductive. The new headband scores well here, both in terms over overall comfort and reducing that plasticky ‘thock. Then, there’s the cable. The older one was a low-tangle cable [and] more than a little bit microphonic. I’m pleased to say the new cable fixes that. This didn’t make a low thrumming sound if you move around a bit fast. Instead, it was an almost noise-free (and still tangle-free) cable.

* Now on to the meaty part. The sound of the BRAVURA really does take all the good parts of the Sonoma M1 Headphone, take away all the bad bits, and deliver a sound that at once respects the heritage of what went before while adding much to the parts that were a little wanting.

* the combination of BRAVURA and the DSP on the Sonoma M1 Amp has an additional level of clarity and tonal precision that most other headphone systems fail to get close to achieving. This comes over as sublime clarity and extension to voices, such as that of Joyce DiDonato [Stella De Napoli, Erato]. Here, she sounds on peak form, which is impressive because she always sounds on peak form, but the BRAVURA just lets her get on with singing with absolute clarity and extension.

* The big change is in the bottom end. ... The BRAVURA nails this low frequency aspect. There’s close to an octave more depth to this headphone compared to its predecessor. Undistorted low frequencies are going to be something of a new thing for many listeners; we’ve long been used to a bit of port noise in loudspeakers or headphones changing their tonal balance as the beats go down and the volume goes up. None of that happens here; instead you have clean, articulate, dry sounding bass; not overbearing unless it’s called for

* The two other big feathers in the BRAVURA’s cap is greater headroom. I’m tempted to say the BRAVURA has performed wonders here, and added some more volume headroom than before. The BRAVURA is more of a headbanger than the Sonoma M1 Headphone could ever muster, but the headphone still isn’t the kind that will leave you waiting for your ears to relax after all that pounding music. The BRAVURA can play loud; louder than before, but not tinnitus loud, and that could be a good thing long term in terms of ear-saving. Above all, though, where the BRAVURA does shine is in extending the performance of the Sonoma M1 Headphone. There’s a sense of ‘totality’ or especially a ‘gestalt’ where the process of scrutinising individual components of the sound are swept aside by the whole. The Sonoma M1 was already excellent in this field. Now it’s outstanding because it has greater reach, both in frequency extension and volume level.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 6:54 PM Post #224 of 330
here are some points from the review. definitely interested in hearing this headphone. might be an end of the year gift to myself.

++

* Warwick has reacted to customer feedback of the Sonoma M1 Headphone, especially in the use of a new headband and revised cabling. The former helps a lot, because the BRAVURA feels less ‘clampy’ than before, but the latter helps a hell of a lot ; the older model’s cable system was prone to ‘touch it, you hear it’ effects. These are more comfortable headphones that feel better built than their predecessors. The black finish feels good to the touch and the more traditional comfort strap across the headband does make the BRAVURA sit considerably more easy on the head. The previous headband was at once more rigid (translation: tighter feeling) and more sonically conductive. The new headband scores well here, both in terms over overall comfort and reducing that plasticky ‘thock. Then, there’s the cable. The older one was a low-tangle cable [and] more than a little bit microphonic. I’m pleased to say the new cable fixes that. This didn’t make a low thrumming sound if you move around a bit fast. Instead, it was an almost noise-free (and still tangle-free) cable.

* Now on to the meaty part. The sound of the BRAVURA really does take all the good parts of the Sonoma M1 Headphone, take away all the bad bits, and deliver a sound that at once respects the heritage of what went before while adding much to the parts that were a little wanting.

* the combination of BRAVURA and the DSP on the Sonoma M1 Amp has an additional level of clarity and tonal precision that most other headphone systems fail to get close to achieving. This comes over as sublime clarity and extension to voices, such as that of Joyce DiDonato [Stella De Napoli, Erato]. Here, she sounds on peak form, which is impressive because she always sounds on peak form, but the BRAVURA just lets her get on with singing with absolute clarity and extension.

* The big change is in the bottom end. ... The BRAVURA nails this low frequency aspect. There’s close to an octave more depth to this headphone compared to its predecessor. Undistorted low frequencies are going to be something of a new thing for many listeners; we’ve long been used to a bit of port noise in loudspeakers or headphones changing their tonal balance as the beats go down and the volume goes up. None of that happens here; instead you have clean, articulate, dry sounding bass; not overbearing unless it’s called for

* The two other big feathers in the BRAVURA’s cap is greater headroom. I’m tempted to say the BRAVURA has performed wonders here, and added some more volume headroom than before. The BRAVURA is more of a headbanger than the Sonoma M1 Headphone could ever muster, but the headphone still isn’t the kind that will leave you waiting for your ears to relax after all that pounding music. The BRAVURA can play loud; louder than before, but not tinnitus loud, and that could be a good thing long term in terms of ear-saving. Above all, though, where the BRAVURA does shine is in extending the performance of the Sonoma M1 Headphone. There’s a sense of ‘totality’ or especially a ‘gestalt’ where the process of scrutinising individual components of the sound are swept aside by the whole. The Sonoma M1 was already excellent in this field. Now it’s outstanding because it has greater reach, both in frequency extension and volume level.
Keep us updated if you get them as end of year gift for yourself.

Oct 21, 2021 at 8:01 PM Post #225 of 330
I have ordered them as well, shipping Jan/Feb. Love the Sonoma, can’t wait for the Bravura! It fixes everything I have issues with the Sonoma.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back