Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Apr 20, 2023 at 3:14 PM Post #1,396 of 1,507
Just to be clear, Denafrips ddc works with Sonnet i2s input without buying a specially configured rj45 cable?
thats not the case, the pin layout is different and hence needs to be changed.
SIngxer SU-6 apart from Hermes and Ambre work out of box

Apr 20, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #1,399 of 1,507
SU-6 gives better SQ?
I have never tried SU-6 but one benefit of using SU-6 over Amber and Hermes is the ability to pass 384Khz via I2S but again later 2 are streamers and SU-6 is DDC.

Apr 26, 2023 at 9:38 PM Post #1,400 of 1,507
Hey all - I'm looking at upgrading (from a Chord Qutest and an iFi Pro iDSD Signature) this year and have somewhat narrowed it down to the May KTE, Bricasti M3 or a Sonnet Pasithea. Any thoughts or recommendations? My hope is to find a DAC with those same attributes of the Qutest that I love (great detail, layer separation and transients) but with added musicality and soundstage. I'm also up for other options if you love something besides these, I'm in no rush and connecting with the Head-Fi community to me is always part of the fun.

I'd be pairing with my Woo WA-23 and Ferrum Oor amps and Susvara, LCD-2, 3, 4 and ZMF Atrium and VC headphones.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #1,401 of 1,507
Has anyone ever swapped the fuse in the Pasithea? If so, what are the specs on the fuse. I would like to try the Synergistic Research Purple fuse on the Pasithea, but I am wondering what the right. specs of the fuae should be. Many thanks in advance.

Apr 28, 2023 at 5:50 PM Post #1,402 of 1,507
Has anyone ever swapped the fuse in the Pasithea? If so, what are the specs on the fuse. I would like to try the Synergistic Research Purple fuse on the Pasithea, but I am wondering what the right. specs of the fuae should be. Many thanks in advance.
If it's anything like the Adagio, there are at least 4 fuses inside.

May 4, 2023 at 2:51 PM Post #1,403 of 1,507
Anyone know how to acquire a budget RJ45 cable to connect between Denafrips DDC and Sonnet DAC? I have a chance to guy the Cardas Clear made by Audio Art but I don't want to spend more than $150 on a digital cable. Only other solution I am aware of is the Phasure i2s cable.

May 4, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #1,404 of 1,507
Pastihea has 2 fuses. One each for voltage
1 for 110V
1 for 230V
So it's enough that you only replace one for your voltage

315 mA slow blow for 230 V
630 mA slow blow for 110 V

May 5, 2023 at 11:35 AM Post #1,405 of 1,507
Pastihea has 2 fuses. One each for voltage
1 for 110V
1 for 230V
So it's enough that you only replace one for your voltage

315 mA slow blow for 230 V
630 mA slow blow for 110 V
Great! Thanks a lot!

May 10, 2023 at 12:57 PM Post #1,406 of 1,507
Do Sonnet and Metrum use the same DAC modules? SDA-2/SDA-3 in Sonnet vs. DAC2/DAC3 for Metrum? Assuming they both are using the "2" vs the newer"3" of their respective modules, what does the Morpheus give you that the Metrum Onyx does not?

May 10, 2023 at 3:26 PM Post #1,407 of 1,507
Cees told me via email that the Dac3 for metrum onyx brought it close to the Morpheus in performance, but I don't know how close the chips are to one another or whether it was the circuit/other design differences that made the difference. I can say from personal experience that the Morpheus is better to my ears in my system than the Onyx with DAC3 inside, I went from the latter to the former and bass improved as well as overall "naturalness" if that's a word! I find the volume control in the Morpheus useful although I still prefer a preamplifier in my system.

May 10, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #1,408 of 1,507
Do Sonnet and Metrum use the same DAC modules? SDA-2/SDA-3 in Sonnet vs. DAC2/DAC3 for Metrum? Assuming they both are using the "2" vs the newer"3" of their respective modules, what does the Morpheus give you that the Metrum Onyx does not?

No, they are completely different and not compatible.

I don't think there's a huge cost difference between the Onyx and Morpheus. I have owned the Onyx before upgrading to Adagio and it's an excellent DAC. If you have no need for a preamp, then get the Onyx.

May 21, 2023 at 7:05 PM Post #1,409 of 1,507
Added Schiit Freya+ in the chain. It helps me in comparing 2 DACs and also helps me to take balanced out of Pasithea and BF2 and have SE input to EC ZDS. Tube mode of Freya is supposed to give 3D holographic sound and when I use BF2 I do get the sense of soundstage getting bigger and holographic however with Pasithea in chain the effect is minimal at best. In fact the depth reduces a bit and sound gets just a bit wider out of Atrium and it goes on to show how holographic Pasithea is to begin with. Since I listen to it every day so I don’t realize it but after using other DAC for few days these things come to fore.

IMG_0297.jpeg

May 22, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #1,410 of 1,507
Can anyone comment on how Morpheus (or Onyx for that matter) perform via RCA output vs the balanced output? My amp only takes RCA input. It sounds like R2R DACs that are balanced by design suffer significantly when run out of RCA. Something about only using half the ladders for some of the designs (?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back