Sonnet Digital Audio: New kid on the block, well.. not really!
Jan 22, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #812 of 1,507
someone is in bad mood

But ya sometime life warrants us to replace desktop with portable setup and vice versa.
I’m away from my desktop setup for a long time and just wish to get back to my Morpheus and ECP DSHA3F hopefully by Feb

Jan 22, 2022 at 3:55 AM Post #814 of 1,507
Jan 22, 2022 at 9:13 AM Post #817 of 1,507
None have been shipped yet. Here’s the email I just received.

Hi Ken
Last Thursday I saw your unit working on the test bench. The guys are preparing shipment for the first batch besides cleaning and packaging. This amount of units was too much to do it this week so next week the unit will be shipped.

Kind regards,
Cees Ruijtenberg

Jan 22, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #818 of 1,507
None have been shipped yet. Here’s the email I just received.

Hi Ken
Last Thursday I saw your unit working on the test bench. The guys are preparing shipment for the first batch besides cleaning and packaging. This amount of units was too much to do it this week so next week the unit will be shipped.

Kind regards,
Cees Ruijtenberg
Would love to hear your feedback and comparison with Morpheus. Not that I find anything lacking with Morpheus for my music taste

Jan 22, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #820 of 1,507
How much does the new Pasithea cost in US? Don’t see it available with dealers yet. May be by next month or so.

Jan 22, 2022 at 2:08 PM Post #822 of 1,507
From their FB page

Attachments

• 167DF8F0-2A07-4DA8-84FB-B25C890257BA.jpeg
    167DF8F0-2A07-4DA8-84FB-B25C890257BA.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Jan 22, 2022 at 10:26 PM Post #823 of 1,507
@vonBaron will have it for testing soon, but I thought someone else might have it already.

I wonder which will be better Holo May KTE or Sonnet Pasithea.

I am looking for a DAC for the Niimbus US5 Pro.
I have the niimbus us4.
i have the metrum hex. I read that the sonnet is quite similar to the hex but better. Same engineer.
I have owned the holo may kte for a short period of time (110 hours of use) but has gone back for a repair issue.

with early impressions of the may:
the hex is very natural, analogue, well layered.
the may was a bit more lively and vivid. A bit more detailed due to it’s nature too. The highs are there and very well managed.
The hex may have a bit more depth in soundstage but that may also just be its rounded tones.
the hex is a bit more laid back due its analogue nature.

I would not describe the may as laidback and I am surprised that a few reviewers have. But maybe that element will appear the more I burn it in. I shall see.

the digital edge of the may softened nicely in my use of it thus far. So i would not describe it as edgy or harsh. i did not detect any issues with lesser quality recordings either.
But i did notice i had to take my audioquest diamond usb cable out of my setup with the may to open up the depth of soudstage as it was a bit too 2d with it.
perhaps the may responds (good and bad) with other elements in your setup

so from owning the hex (for a few years) and may (for a few weeks), from what i have read the sonnet is probably between the hex and may - ie in regards to a touch of laid backness (nature of the hex) but good detail (closer to may).

i can only assume the pasithea will increase detail (to the levels around the may, if not better) but will be more laid back (in the typical nos style).
so my assumption will be the detail of the may and pasithea will be comparable and great but the pasithea will be more laid back in nature/quality….as my general expectation of the pasithe which her in australia will be about 20% higher in price.

hope that helps a bit

Jan 22, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #824 of 1,507
This is what Cees emailed me when I first asked about the Pasithea:

About the Pasithea. I was visiting a reviewer today who has both the Pavane and the Morpheus. He almost fell off his chair as he was quite amazed about the performance. It is mainly about two things, the improvement of the low end and the transparency of the sound in which there are more layers. It is actually a Morpheus on steroids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back