SonicWave's SilverArrow - Eutetic Silver Solder
Aug 20, 2015 at 9:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

asymcon

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
while searching for suitable retailer to refill my Cardas QuadEutetic, I came across eBay listing for SonicWave SilverArrow solder.
It got me curious as the listing claimed it to be "Cardas Quad Killer".
However I googled high and low for it and no-one seems to have any experience with it. The website printed on the cover "sonicwaveelectronics.com" is no longer active and the member doesn't reply when asked about solder properties.

So anyone with experience to share?
I just received it and sort of suspect this is just repackaged unbranded solder...
frown.gif

Sep 2, 2015 at 2:57 PM Post #2 of 4
Here with some news - SilverArrow is bad, it doesn't even come with rosin core and leaves out weird liquid which doesn't seem to do anything. It smells pretty bad and manufacturer is quiet about how much silver is actually there.
So I believe it's safe to call it scam.
$10 flushed down the toilet
frown.gif

Now onto another 100g coil of Quad Eutetic
redface.gif

Jan 19, 2016 at 12:35 PM Post #3 of 4
Hey asymcon very sorry you've had a bad experience with our solder... If there was a question you've asked us i'm afraid we may have missed it we are from the UK; eBay is kind of a pain for doing business and communicating internationally (if you are in the US?)...

We are a startup company at the moment so please bare with us, Business for now is been done via eBay however we plan to get our own site up this year and retail at a few other outlets, as you can imagine there is a lot to do to really get established, along with a name change that needs to happen soon, a bunch of legal, and creating our products, it's taking a bit of time.

Our current URL is www.galaxywave.co.uk our eBay Store is http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sonic-Wave-Electronics

On current packs of solder our eBay store URL is printed, I assume you had a pack from earlier with the old URL printed?

The solder does have a rosin core, that weird liquid you mention probably IS the rosin lol...

If you honestly believe it was $10 misspent please contact us via eBay we will be happy to offer you a refund...
Thanks
Zane

Jan 29, 2016 at 8:46 AM Post #4 of 4
  Hey asymcon very sorry you've had a bad experience with our solder... If there was a question you've asked us i'm afraid we may have missed it we are from the UK; eBay is kind of a pain for doing business and communicating internationally (if you are in the US?)...

We are a startup company at the moment so please bare with us, Business for now is been done via eBay however we plan to get our own site up this year and retail at a few other outlets, as you can imagine there is a lot to do to really get established, along with a name change that needs to happen soon, a bunch of legal, and creating our products, it's taking a bit of time.

Our current URL is www.galaxywave.co.uk our eBay Store is http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Sonic-Wave-Electronics

On current packs of solder our eBay store URL is printed, I assume you had a pack from earlier with the old URL printed?

The solder does have a rosin core, that weird liquid you mention probably IS the rosin lol...

If you honestly believe it was $10 misspent please contact us via eBay we will be happy to offer you a refund...
Thanks
Zane

Thanks for reply, I honestly didn't expect one after those months. 
wink.gif

I gave the SilverArrow solder to one of my friends and he seems to be happy with it. It's definitely better than what he used in the past.
But it didn't work for me where Cardas Quad did, sorry. Even with rosin it won't stick to nearly any surface, even under high temperature. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back