Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer
Jan 7, 2014 at 1:19 PM Post #781 of 1,216
  Just checked my line-out with my Klipsch Promedia 2.1, no channel imbalance in mine. I'd do a little more testing with a second system if possible to make sure it's not an issue with your speakers, then reach out to HRT once you feel certain there's a real problem, I'm sure they'll be glad to help.

I tried the exact same thing, put my K550 headphones in the line-out. There is music in the left phone while the right one only distorts, there is no audible music at all. I think my mS is broken, I'll send a mail to HRT and talk to the retailer tomorrow. 
Thanks for the input! :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:41 AM Post #782 of 1,216
Any time :) HRT has shown nothing short of excellence in helping their customers thus far, I'm sure you'll be treated well.
I tried the exact same thing, put my K550 headphones in the line-out. There is music in the left phone while the right one only distorts, there is no audible music at all. I think my mS is broken, I'll send a mail to HRT and talk to the retailer tomorrow. 
Thanks for the input! :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:50 AM Post #783 of 1,216
Update:
Went to the store (Lars Bengtssons Ljud/Video on St. Eriksplan in Stockholm, for those of you who live in Sweden) and told them about the problem. I got a new microStreamer right away, no paperwork or testing or anything. Great customer care!

The new one works as it should, even got it to work with my old Linux laptop (though it seems to resample everything right now...)! :)

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #784 of 1,216
Glad to hear it :) Enjoy!

Quote:
  Update:
Went to the store (Lars Bengtssons Ljud/Video on St. Eriksplan in Stockholm, for those of you who live in Sweden) and told them about the problem. I got a new microStreamer right away, no paperwork or testing or anything. Great customer care!

The new one works as it should, even got it to work with my old Linux laptop (though it seems to resample everything right now...)! :)

Jan 9, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #785 of 1,216
I've been using the microstreamer with my PC and Android phone +6 months now and I have been very satisfied. Today, I went ahead to install uS_1V3.bin and somehow the upgrade was faulty. Now the microstreamer isn't recognised by PC or phone. I have windows 7 Proffessional and I have tried the obvious actions like restart, fragmentation but nothing helps. Any suggestions?

Jan 9, 2014 at 4:04 PM Post #786 of 1,216
  Agreed on the iphone out. Much improvement over MBP out! I put some Dual Lock on my iPhone, very handy:

Woodcans: What USB cable are you using with your mS? I assume the lightening connector is the Apple Camera (female USB)?

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:54 PM Post #787 of 1,216
Not recognized at all? Like your computer doesn't even detect it? Have you tried checking out your device manager to see if you need to modify any settings there?

I'm on the latest upgrade using Windows 7 and it works great; wish it could be used by more than one application at a time, but other than that I've had zero issues.

Quote:
  I've been using the microstreamer with my PC and Android phone +6 months now and I have been very satisfied. Today, I went ahead to install uS_1V3.bin and somehow the upgrade was faulty. Now the microstreamer isn't recognised by PC or phone. I have windows 7 Proffessional and I have tried the obvious actions like restart, fragmentation but nothing helps. Any suggestions?

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #789 of 1,216
  Is anyone using the microstreamer on an android phone with cyanogenmod 11 kernel (not playing via UAPP or UARP, but google music or spotify)? I have issues with clicking sounds after 4-5 minutes of listening. This is not happening using a Fiio E07k, just with the HRT. I've tried playing with the feedback settings, first I thought there is an improvement, but unfortunately not.

Hi there,

I've trying to use the HRT microstreamer with my Galaxy S4 (i9505). As some of you know, with stock ROM does not work, but with cyanogen ROM it does.

I tried with 10.2 and with 11 versions and I have the clicking sounds. It's frustrating because the audio quality is there, it works, but with clicking noises. I tried with different kernels without any luck.

Kevin from support told me to change settings in upstream utility but that did not work. He also suggested to try with a powered USB hub to help the HRT to get enogh power. But that does not make a lot of sense to me, I think it gets enough power from the phone (Should I try???)

So, at the moment, there's not any solution to use the HRT Microstreamer with a Galaxy S4?

Jan 10, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #790 of 1,216
my mistake I was using UAPP, our microstreamer has better synergy with android otg than using it with my laptop(win7 and foobar wasapi)

it has clean and refined sound than my laptop, truly android and UAPP does wonderful magic to experience the best in portable audio

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Can you explain a little bit more, please?

Edit:

I guess UAPP is the USB Audio Player Pro, right? Nice if it works but I love to listen to spotify in my phone and UAPP does not work with other apps. So there's no solution?

Jan 10, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #791 of 1,216

Thanks for your reply, Gilly87!

I have checked device manager and it says "unknown device", "drivers not installed correctly", in Swedish though.
I also have a HRT Headstreamer mobile and yesterday I upgraded it to the latest firmware successfully. My hypothesis is that the writing to the ms was interrupted and has left it with an empty or corrupted image. So my question is there another way to write/push using e.g. via cmd? I have sent mail to the HRT Support about this.

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:09 AM Post #792 of 1,216
According to Steve Kondik CM11 has power management issues with phones equipped with the msm8974 chipest (like the nexus 5 and S4):
https://plus.google.com/+SteveKondik/posts/3cw2DWbbM1p
Hopefully they are going to figure out soon what is wrong. So far the only solution is to pause the song for 5-8 secs and than continue playing it - I get 4-5 clear minutes again.
A Fiio E07k (self powered DAC) does not has this issue. ( maybe that is not using asynchrous USB or because it is self powered?) I did try the microstreamer with a Y power cable, but not with a powered HUB, if you have one I would be interested if it fixed the clicking.

Which ROMs did you try?

Jan 10, 2014 at 5:08 PM Post #793 of 1,216
Hmmm...To be honest I have no idea. HRT support hasnt failed us yet though so I'm sure they can help you figure it out.
Thanks for your reply, Gilly87!

I have checked device manager and it says "unknown device", "drivers not installed correctly", in Swedish though.
I also have a HRT Headstreamer mobile and yesterday I upgraded it to the latest firmware successfully. My hypothesis is that the writing to the ms was interrupted and has left it with an empty or corrupted image. So my question is there another way to write/push using e.g. via cmd? I have sent mail to the HRT Support about this.

Jan 10, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #794 of 1,216
According to Steve Kondik CM11 has power management issues with phones equipped with the msm8974 chipest (like the nexus 5 and S4):
Hopefully they are going to figure out soon what is wrong. So far the only solution is to pause the song for 5-8 secs and than continue playing it - I get 4-5 clear minutes again.
A Fiio E07k (self powered DAC) does not has this issue. ( maybe that is not using asynchrous USB or because it is self powered?) I did try the microstreamer with a Y power cable, but not with a powered HUB, if you have one I would be interested if it fixed the clicking.

Which ROMs did you try?

got rid of this problem after upgrading the firmware to 4.3 (xxueml1)

now UAPP and S4(i9505) is working together flawlessly :wink:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #795 of 1,216

Which ROMs did you try?

I tried stable CyanogenMOD 10.2, 11 nightly, and in both cases I also flashed ktoonz kernel just to try. In every case I get the clicking noises. It's sad because it works without any extra app.

I also tried a Y shape OTG usb cable without any luck. I returned to stock ROM, I'm not sure if I want to try to buy a powered usb hub. Adding those extra cables kills the portabilty.

I'll wait if cyanogen solves this problem... Tell us please any news about it. I really don't like AUPP solution. I want to use streaming services for music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back