Sonic Satori - HRT Levels the Field with the MicroStreamer
Jan 2, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #767 of 1,216
Never owned the HE400 but everything I've ever read about planars leads me to believe you're gonna need more juice for the HE400s than the mS can put out.
Has anybody been using the MicroStreamer with the HE-400s?  I am thinking about getting my first pair of planars and would like to use them with my MicroStreamer.

Jan 2, 2014 at 6:09 PM Post #768 of 1,216
I don't think so. The HE-400 is very easy to drive and sound good from a phone. 
wink.gif

I didn't like at all the HE-400 and never tried HE-4°°+mS combo though so I really can't speak about the result of this specific combination.  

Jan 3, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #769 of 1,216
  I don't think so. The HE-400 is very easy to drive and sound good from a phone. 
wink.gif

I didn't like at all the HE-400 and never tried HE-4°°+mS combo though so I really can't speak about the result of this specific combination.  

Thanks for the response.  Since the HE-400s are fairly efficient, I was thinking they should be good to go with the MicroStreamer.  If not, I have a couple of amps I can use.

Either way, I got the HE-400s and will report back on my experience if anybody is interested.

Jan 4, 2014 at 6:41 AM Post #770 of 1,216
Is anyone using the microstreamer on an android phone with cyanogenmod 11 kernel (not playing via UAPP or UARP, but google music or spotify)? I have issues with clicking sounds after 4-5 minutes of listening. This is not happening using a Fiio E07k, just with the HRT. I've tried playing with the feedback settings, first I thought there is an improvement, but unfortunately not.

Jan 4, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #771 of 1,216
Do you have the latest firmware?

A few people have noted issues with clicks and pops; mine does it very rarely.
Is anyone using the microstreamer on an android phone with cyanogenmod 11 kernel (not playing via UAPP or UARP, but google music or spotify)? I have issues with clicking sounds after 4-5 minutes of listening. This is not happening using a Fiio E07k, just with the HRT. I've tried playing with the feedback settings, first I thought there is an improvement, but unfortunately not.

Jan 5, 2014 at 1:42 AM Post #772 of 1,216
Sooooooo .... with CES just around the corner and also the Geek dac coming in a few months.... would you buy the HRT Microstreamer? I'm very tempted!

I have a flight to Australia (12+ hrs from LAX) coming up soon. I'm trying out some B&W P7 .... a tad resssed for me (not a lot of hours on them yet) will the Microstreamer help flesh out the vocals?.

I've only tired them direct from a MacBook-Air and iPhone5.... and a Heed CanAmp via a Rega dac with AP2+PP (vastly better, though could be better) . I have some other headphones (and of course will likely be trying out / acquiring more) ..... but need closed back for travel. I like the microstreamer can work with my MacBook Air and iPhone5..... but want versatility for future gear too.

Is it still the go in the near future? Or should I stump up the ponies and get an AK10 or even a CEntrance M8 and not look back?

Jan 5, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #773 of 1,216
I've tried with the firwmare 1.3 and 1.2(NAS) as well, the problem is not gone. I've received feedback from the CM team (Steve Klondik) in the meantime. It is probably a CM11 power management related issue happening on the msm8974 chip.

Jan 5, 2014 at 11:05 AM Post #774 of 1,216
I'd get the M8 personally, assuming you've got the cash to spare and aren't after ultimate portability. The mS has nothing to be ashamed of though, and given B&W's darker house sound for headphones (weird because their speakers are usually bright) the mS might be a good match for the P7. Can't say for sure though as I've never heard the combo.
Sooooooo .... with CES just around the corner and also the Geek dac coming in a few months.... would you buy the HRT Microstreamer? I'm very tempted!

I have a flight to Australia (12+ hrs from LAX) coming up soon. I'm trying out some B&W P7 .... a tad resssed for me (not a lot of hours on them yet) will the Microstreamer help flesh out the vocals?.

I've only tired them direct from a MacBook-Air and iPhone5.... and a Heed CanAmp via a Rega dac with AP2+PP (vastly better, though could be better) . I have some other headphones (and of course will likely be trying out / acquiring more) ..... but need closed back for travel. I like the microstreamer can work with my MacBook Air and iPhone5..... but want versatility for future gear too.

Is it still the go in the near future? Or should I stump up the ponies and get an AK10 or even a CEntrance M8 and not look back?

Jan 6, 2014 at 9:22 PM Post #775 of 1,216
Thank you Gilly87. I'm going to try the mS. I concur from descriptions of it's sonic qualities that it might be a good match with the P7.

I also like the portability of the mS. I might step up to a M8 or the Hugo by Chord also is interesting ...I'll see how much I used headphones.

Jan 7, 2014 at 4:44 AM Post #776 of 1,216
Hey I just noticed your username, if you'd like to try before you buy I live in LA too; I love sharing my gear, and would love to try anything you're willing to share as long as you are fine with a public location (Starbucks etc). Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
Thank you Gilly87. I'm going to try the mS. I concur from descriptions of it's sonic qualities that it might be a good match with the P7.

I also like the portability of the mS. I might step up to a M8 or the Hugo by Chord also is interesting ...I'll see how much I used headphones.

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #777 of 1,216
Hey guys,

I got a microStreamer yesterday and am already experiencing problems. It seems like the gain is very unbalanced between the channels on the line-out jack. Connected to my stereo, the right channel is very low while the left one is loud and distorting. On my PA2v2 I can balance the gain manually, which makes it sound all right. The sound from the headphones-out is also working as it should. I have however not compared my particular mS to another, so I can't tell if there is any other problems with the sound. Have I missed something, or is my mS broken?

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:21 AM Post #778 of 1,216
  Hey guys,

I got a microStreamer yesterday and am already experiencing problems. It seems like the gain is very unbalanced between the channels on the line-out jack. Connected to my stereo, the right channel is very low while the left one is loud and distorting. On my PA2v2 I can balance the gain manually, which makes it sound all right. The sound from the headphones-out is also working as it should. I have however not compared my particular mS to another, so I can't tell if there is any other problems with the sound. Have I missed something, or is my mS broken?

Could it be jack connection problems?

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #779 of 1,216

Could it be jack connection problems?

I've tested the cables by connecting them from the headphone-out on the microStreamer and from the laptop directly to a pair of headphones, they both sound balanced. I'm listening through the line-out via the PA2V2 to a Marantz stereo right now, which also sounds good with the gain raised on the right channel. I've tried listening from Spotify, and Foobar2000 with "WASAPI Event" output enabled. The mS has the latest firmware from HRT. Can't come up with anything more to try...

Also, the sound does not sound distorted when playing via the PA2V2, but it does when connecting the mS directly to the Marantz amp via AUX1 on the front panel. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #780 of 1,216
Just checked my line-out with my Klipsch Promedia 2.1, no channel imbalance in mine. I'd do a little more testing with a second system if possible to make sure it's not an issue with your speakers, then reach out to HRT once you feel certain there's a real problem, I'm sure they'll be glad to help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back