Songs you forgot about, heard again, and fell in love with all over
Mar 18, 2011 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

BrianMendoza

100+ Head-Fier
Just like the title says... I've got two of them. 

First, America - Only In Your Heart.
I remember driving around with my dad, when I was a kid, with him listening to America, and out of all the ones I remember, this one I somehow forgot about. I heard it today and I was so happy to stumble upon it agian.

Second, Neil Young - Only Love Can Break Your Heart.
I was hanging out with my brother the other day and he asked me if I remember the song. I couldn't remember it by name, but then when he found it on my iTunes and played it I was completely reminded of it.

Anyways, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been happy to stumble upon a once loved, but forgotten song. Let's here it!

Mar 18, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #2 of 9
Gosh, no love for this thread?

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #4 of 9
Ok, I've got one, but it's going to seem cliche...

All 4 One - I Swear
As I was born the year of its release, I never really had any true memories of listening to the song, but at one time recently, I found myself humming the tune. I had no clue what the song was or why I liked it. Eventually some words came to me and I googled them. Lo and behold it was this song. I don't really know why I even thought of it. Maybe it was a subliminal message from when I was younger, I don't know... :blink:

Mar 18, 2011 at 8:10 PM Post #5 of 9
Faithfully by Journey. 
When i was 10 i always liked this song, but never paid attention to the song name. 
Recently, i came across this song at youtube...and i was happy to hear it again! 

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:33 AM Post #6 of 9

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:21 AM Post #7 of 9
What Makes You Different - Backstreet Boys

edit: Suddenly, it sounds very calming and nostalgic to me. Maybe I was younger and didn't understand the lyrics then, but it makes a whole lot of sense now.

Mar 21, 2011 at 3:05 AM Post #8 of 9
I grew up listening to New Wave.

I got away from it for awhile, but have been building a collection of my old favorites.

Sad that the genre has been mostly ignored. I think it deserves a bit of attention. This was the first time electronic instruments were widely used and there were plenty of songs that hold up almost 30 years on.

Mar 21, 2011 at 3:12 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:
I grew up listening to New Wave.

I got away from it for awhile, but have been building a collection of my old favorites.

Sad that the genre has been mostly ignored. I think it deserves a bit of attention. This was the first time electronic instruments were widely used and there were plenty of songs that hold up almost 30 years on.

I love Bizarre Love Triangle, by New Order! I haven't really ventured to deep into the new wave genre though. Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back