Songs to wake up to.
Mar 14, 2003 at 11:52 PM Post #16 of 32
gloco,
you're an evil man. now i'm going to have that song stuck in my head until i can kill it with alcohol tonight!
mad.gif

Mar 15, 2003 at 12:50 AM Post #17 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
gloco,
you're an evil man. now i'm going to have that song stuck in my head until i can kill it with alcohol tonight!
mad.gif

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

china30.jpg

Enjoy!

Mar 15, 2003 at 5:30 AM Post #18 of 32
How about some classic songs from everyone's favorate band, spinal tap?
wink.gif

Mar 17, 2003 at 6:12 AM Post #19 of 32
If I was evil, I would suggest "Head Like A Hole" by Nine Inch Nails (or, perhaps, "Wish"). But I'm not, so I'm not.

How about: "Good Morning Starshine" from the Hair soundtrack? Too hippie-ish.

"Mr. Blue Sky" by ELO? Or am I too late? Quote:

Originally posted by redshifter
gloco,
mad.gif

Actually, alcohol doesn't work, you need to find a better/more catchy/worse song to "oust" it.

I won't help, because I can be eviller, you're on your own, but...try and pick something good! Synthpop usually works for me.

Mar 17, 2003 at 2:52 PM Post #20 of 32
number one wake up song for church trips: cat stevens - morning has broken

Quote:

Originally posted by Trawlerman
Hows about.....

"Wake up it's a beautiful morning" from the UK indie band the Boo Radleys?

biggrin.gif

i second boo radleys, great song to get up. it’s actually called “wake up boo!”

Mar 26, 2003 at 11:24 AM Post #22 of 32
Hold up, no one's mentioned Wake Up by Rage Against the Machine? Great wake up song. I used to have my CD/Alarm clock set to either that or Copland's Fanfare for the Common Man for a while. Hard to tell which one's more jarring first thing when you open your eyes.

I also like First of Tha Month by Bone Thugs and Harmony, Malt Liquor Tastes Better When You've Got Problems by Less Than Jake, or Vivaldi's Four Season's if I have the time to listen before I get out of bed.

Edit: Oh crap I guess there's cussing in the Bone Thugs song. And abrasive is kind of subjective. So I don't know if some of the others will work. Fanfare got those loud ass Timpani hits or whatever those are. They get me out of bed though.

Mar 26, 2003 at 7:09 PM Post #23 of 32
Hehe, USC, I used First of tha month to wake up my roommate one time. We had agreed to go to a job fair the night before, but he was sleeping in. So I brought a speaker to his door and cranked it up.

Mar 28, 2003 at 6:52 AM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by horscht
number one wake up song for church trips: cat stevens - morning has broken

i second boo radleys, great song to get up. it’s actually called “wake up boo!”

I believe it's Yusuf Islam now. Pass...

Mar 28, 2003 at 8:02 AM Post #27 of 32
Why has no one mentioned the most annoying wake up song ever, the Stones' "Start Me Up" -- I'm just now beginning to enjoy this song again, after being awakened by it every day for a couple weeks a few years ago.

kerely

Mar 31, 2003 at 8:46 AM Post #29 of 32
First of Tha Month is great. I've got a remix of it that totally works for me. Another downtempo song that picks me up is "A Man Called Sun" by Verve -chorus: Mr. Sun won't you shine?

A campy but good song is The Cardigan's Rise and Shine.

A very pleasant song to wake up to:Nick Drake - Northern Sky.

My alarm clock: Radiohead - Treefingers (an eerie song)

Apr 1, 2003 at 6:20 AM Post #30 of 32
how about "macarena"? nothing will get asses out of beds faster to turn that s*** off. plus .. it's in spanish! what more could you ask for? "achy breaky heart", perhaps? ahhh ... billy ray cyrus .. you mulletheaded genius!
sleep well, kids! (if you can..)
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back