Songs to wake up to.
Mar 13, 2003 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

x1lexure

100+ Head-Fier
I need some songs that involve waking up, breakfast songs, good morning songs etc. and of course I'm going to come to you guys first. Stuff in the way of the Beatle song "Good day sunshine" or whatever it's called. NO CUSSING this is for a church mexico trip, and this CD would be how we wake up. OH and nothing to abrasive. Any help would be great. I specifically need The name of the band, the song ,and if you have time, where to get the song.

Thanks guys.

(And yes I know I had a thread like this a few monts ago, but I can't find it now.)

Mar 13, 2003 at 11:57 PM Post #2 of 32
The ultimate cheezy wake-up song:

"Here Comes The Sun" by The Beatles

(I say "cheezy" because so many alarm clocks already use this song as their alarm
wink.gif
)

Mar 14, 2003 at 12:10 AM Post #3 of 32
You want to wake up? It doesn't have anything to do with waking up, but the suddenness/loudness of the song is a good way to yank someone out of bed: Bare Naked Ladies, "One Week." No cussing that I can hear either.

Sorry I don't have anything more mellow for you.

Mar 14, 2003 at 12:41 AM Post #4 of 32
doobie bros (best of):
china grove
listen to the music
[real positive, up music]

the beatles (sgt pepper):
good morning, good morning (that'll wake them up)

the beach boys (pet sounds):
wouldn't it be nice?

r.e.m. (green):
stand

fred rogers (mr. rogers)
won't you be my neighbor?

biggrin.gif

-edit-
if you need something simple and mellow (no swearing i'm almost 100% sure), get hope sandoval and the warm inventions' "bavarian bread fruit". perhaps the most relaxing cd i've heard.

Mar 14, 2003 at 4:58 AM Post #7 of 32
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Hopefully not too relaxing so that you fall back asleep
wink.gif

I've had that problem: NO FRANK SINATRA!

Mar 14, 2003 at 5:54 AM Post #9 of 32
I have problems with waking up to songs that are too ecstatic. I had my alarm radio set to a gawd-awful techno station for a good 6 weeks. I figured the house beats would annoy me to the point of frustration and anger getting out of my bed. Not so. My unconcious brain must have signaled my body to do something about the annoying noises and caused my hand to slap the switch to "off" before the rest of my body had a chance to wake up. My ass was an hour late to a midterm because of this.

Needless to say, I have my alarm set to something more pleasing now. And I dislike radio-house music even more now (OK OK, I don't ALWAYS hate it... but it's certainly not meant for waking up to).

Mar 14, 2003 at 2:34 PM Post #10 of 32
for the past year-and-a-half, it's been a toss-up between the following:

Motorhead - Shine
Motorhead - Iron Horse (Born To Lose)
Rancid - Let's Go
Rancid - Adina
Powerhouse - No Regrets

... hey, it works for me.
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 3:05 PM Post #11 of 32
aimee mann - lost in space

radiohead - kid a

(high volume on loud speakers) JSBach - cello suites

edit: that explains my boss' morning mood on what time i get in everyday
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 3:22 PM Post #12 of 32
Lets see......

Jimmy Hindrix doing the National Anthem! (a friend was at a Navy base that played the Anthem every morning and one day someone switch to Jimmy's version - the brass didn't care for it.)

Since this is a church group, find a copy of Steve Taylor's Squint and play Banner Man - that'll get the blood flowing. But not really a "good morning" song though.

God of Wonder's from City on a Hill is another good one to wake the dead. "Early in the morning, I will celebrate the life..."

A good morning song that will annoy them awake is Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning! from Barry McGuire's Bullfrogs & Butterflies children's album. The chorus singing it is WAAAAY too happy.

Newsboys: Shine

A wave of Robin Williams saying "Goooood Mornnnninggg Vietnaaammmm!!!!!!!!!" might be a good opener, if on the cheesy side.

Have a safe trip. We've got a group going to our Mexico orphanage/clinic leaving in the morning.

Mar 14, 2003 at 3:55 PM Post #13 of 32
Grofe's Grand Canyon Suite is my personal favorite. I have the Telarc recording of Erich Kunzel/Cincinnati Pops Orchestra.

It also includes a beautiful symphonic suite from Porgy & Bess.

John

Mar 14, 2003 at 10:29 PM Post #14 of 32
Hows about.....

"Wake up it's a beautiful morning" from the UK indie band the Boo Radleys?

Or how about whatsiz name screaming "GOOD MORNING VIETNAM"
biggrin.gif

Mar 14, 2003 at 11:39 PM Post #15 of 32
how about wham, "wake up before you go-go"

very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back