Songs that produce in you an emotional response
Feb 17, 2011 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Cortes

100+ Head-Fier
I list below some of the songs that produce in me an emotional response. Sometimes some of them makes me almost cry, however their effect on me decrease quite a lot with repetitions. Thus I try to listen to them not very often, because I like them so much that I don't want to lose their emotional impact on me. 

BTW Anyone is able to distinguish any pattern here?. Just to look for them in a more directed way.

Send Me A Angel, Scorpions 
Rachels Song; Tears in Rain,  Vangelis
Lily Was Here, Stewart&Dulfer
Just Around the Croner, Cock Robin
Peces de Ciudad, Sabina
Promise me, Beverley Craven
Back Eyed Boy, Texas
Rien n'est vraiment Fini, Celine Dion
Tu Trouveras, Natasha St-Pier
Grazy, Gnarls Barkley
Don't Leave Me This Way, Harold Melvin
Wings of a Butterfly, HIM
Children, Robert Miles
What You're Made Of, Lucie Silvas
Fallen, Lauren Wood
Snow of the Sahara, Lasgo
Unbreake my Heart, Tony Braxton
Mar Antiguo, Ultimo de la Fila
La Chispa Adecuada, Heroes del Silencio
I Like Chopin, Gazebo
Sleepflower, Manic Street Peachers
Tout est Chaos, Mylene Farmer
Noches de Bohemia, Navajita Platea
Till Death Do Us Part, Madonna
Dancing in Paris, Angel
and many others... is there any pattern here?. What are your emotional songs?.

Feb 17, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #3 of 9

Quote:
Nice, do you like spanish songs? there's a spanish song that make me sad: "Mi primer dia sin verte" it does have emotional lyrics. 

Indeed I'm Spaniard. Héroes del Silencio is one of the best rock bands in Spanish ever.

This recompilation is pretty good.
http://www.amazon.com/Platinum-Collection-Heroes-del-Silencio/dp/B000LXHFYK

Feb 19, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #4 of 9
CATS IN THE CRADLE- Dislike my father so this is my Dad Sucks mantra!

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S-Barenaked Ladies- I get extremely sad and have absolutely no idea why. No lost loves in my life.  There is just something about it. From the very first time, first time I heard it even before the singing began. A mystery in my life!

Mar 3, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #8 of 9
Edmond Fitzgerald by Gordon Lightfoot. Having been in the Coast Guard and run a 40 footer through a roiling inlet to make a dash though 12 ft. waves to find a capsizes boat 2 miles off-shore. I worried about getting my boat and crew though, making the rescue and then getting everyone back through the same nasty inlet. 

I did that just once, it took days for me to get it out of my head and calm down. I was a 3rd class Boatswain mate I don't know why any of the 2nd or 1st class didn't jump on board and take the helm. It shouldn't have been me. Two years after leaving the Guard I receive an Admirals letter detailing the event. It was very appreciated because it, in my mind, recognize the terror I experienced being responsible for a task way above me experience or training.

I've rambled a-bit. I know how I felt and I believe I have some appreciation what the crew of the Edmond Fitzgerald were thinking when their ship was sinking in a winter Lake Superior. Every time I hear that song it brings back my experience.

Also Taps, when I hear Taps I go inside myself.

Mar 7, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #9 of 9
While I'm not normally a hip-hop guy, 'Constance' by Mr. J. Medeiros always gets me.  The video in particular just pulls on my heartstrings.  I visited the Philippines a few years back so it just resonates with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back