Songs that make you cry.
Nov 1, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #7 of 9
Any song performed well live can make me cry.

For example, I’m not really a big fan of the The Who but when I saw them live, i cried during the song “Teenage Wasteland”. It was probably because I was wasted too.

Nov 1, 2019 at 7:21 PM Post #8 of 9
Just remembered. I haven't personally cried to a song, but when my best friend and I saw Steely Dan at the Columbia River Gorge Amphitheater long, long ago, they hadn't toured in a long time and the whole concert was actually quite emotional for many folks. Anyway, the song Third World Man was played toward the end of the show and the guitar solo on that song is absolutely mesmerizing. Larry Carlton, of course. Just ridiculous. Anyhow, I looked over at my friend right at the incredible climax of that solo and he had a couple of tears streaming down his cheeks. He was no softie. But just being there, finally seeing them after so many years of thinking it would never, ever happen and then having them play our favorite Steely Dan tune was, well, it was just a bit too much. Saw them again several years later at what is now called the Moda Center. It was fantastic, but it didn't compare to the raw emotion of that Gorge show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back