1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Songs that make you cry.

1. Wretched Stare
    How many people have certain song that brings out a river of tears just hearing them.

2. hohdude
    Mr Bojangles, City of New Orleans (Arlo's version), House of Rising Sun & Don't Let me be Misunderstood (Animals) and Muswell Hillbilly (Kinks).

BobG55 and Wretched Stare like this.
  3. BobG55
    The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald
    Shannon (my dog is old)
    Four strong winds
    Hurt (by Johnny Cash)

4. serman005
    Verdi's Requiem.

5. wuwhere Contributor
    They don't make me cry, but for some reason they make me sad.

6. BBGirl
    Barney Theme songs

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    serman005 likes this.
  7. Spareribs
    Any song performed well live can make me cry.

For example, I’m not really a big fan of the The Who but when I saw them live, i cried during the song “Teenage Wasteland”. It was probably because I was wasted too.

8. serman005
    Just remembered. I haven't personally cried to a song, but when my best friend and I saw Steely Dan at the Columbia River Gorge Amphitheater long, long ago, they hadn't toured in a long time and the whole concert was actually quite emotional for many folks. Anyway, the song Third World Man was played toward the end of the show and the guitar solo on that song is absolutely mesmerizing. Larry Carlton, of course. Just ridiculous. Anyhow, I looked over at my friend right at the incredible climax of that solo and he had a couple of tears streaming down his cheeks. He was no softie. But just being there, finally seeing them after so many years of thinking it would never, ever happen and then having them play our favorite Steely Dan tune was, well, it was just a bit too much. Saw them again several years later at what is now called the Moda Center. It was fantastic, but it didn't compare to the raw emotion of that Gorge show.

9. swollazn

This piece grew on me, I don't know the lyrics. But the emotions that I feel from the vocalist resonates.